Pre-Game Talk: They do exist, there is a game tonight! Montreal @ Columbus 7 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Our fun lines:

Desharnais – Eller –Weise

Pacioretty – Plekanec – Gallagher

Prust – Galchenyuk – Parenteau

Bournival – Malhotra – Thomas/Sekac

Beaulieu – Gonchar

Markov – Subban

Gilbert – Weaver

Emelin

Price confirmed to start.

BJs lines last game:

Lines
Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Collins-Wennberg-Skille
Morin-Letestu-Boll

Johnson-Savard
Tyutin-Goloubef
Connauton-Wisniewski

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wouldn't be shocked if Galchenyuk gets the Eller treatment for a bit until he proves himself in Michel's eyes. Then again, hard to know at this point. I'll be watching this game with curiosity to see what happens, oh wait ..... no I won't. Damn class!

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Those lines... :facepalm:

:cry:

pick_items_out_of_hat.jpg

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Johansen will show how a real center gets it done. He's been on fire on the stat sheet (sans +/-).

Will he get in another fight with Pacioretty? ;)

I predict Sekac will see time on the second line with Eller and Desharnais. Possibly can get shuffled with Gallagher on the top.

Galchenyuk needed to be demoted, he wasn't matching up well against top line centers and he lost confidence in himself. Always looking pass first which resulted in offensive zone turnovers when he could have taken it to the net.

I hope this line shuffle makes Galchenyuk realize he is the scoring threat and Prust and Parenteau will look to move the puck to him.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I predict Sekac will see time on the second line with Eller and Desharnais. Possibly can get shuffled with Gallagher on the top.

Galchenyuk needed to be demoted, he wasn't matching up well against top line centers and he lost confidence in himself. Always looking pass first which resulted in offensive zone turnovers when he could have taken it to the net.

I hope this line shuffle makes Galchenyuk realize he is the scoring threat and Prust and Parenteau will look to move the puck to him.

Let me know if I'm doing this right guys

What? He needs more top line minutes! More offense minded wingers! More powerplay time! He is the most dynamic scoring threat we have! He's still young! only 20! He'll never reach his potential if Therrien keeps putting him on the third line!

That sounds about right.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
I don't understand these lines, I don't know the logic behind these lines or how you can come up with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Wow, just looked at the standings.

It's a really really quick fall to eighth place from where we sit.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I don't know how the team will respond with the recent mind boggling line changes, one thing for sure is that the Blue Jackets will be playing some desperate hockey tonight at home and I hope that Habs are prepared for this.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
DALE WEISE on the first line???

DALE mother****ing WEISE???

Guys... we need some help on the RW ASAP.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Let me know if I'm doing this right guys

What? He needs more top line minutes! More offense minded wingers! More powerplay time! He is the most dynamic scoring threat we have! He's still young! only 20! He'll never reach his potential if Therrien keeps putting him on the third line!

That sounds about right.

He will be back on the first line. When? Depends on his play.

The 'demotion' will help him see easier matchups. He is still slotted for powerplay time.

Lesglorieux

Jun 27, 2014
Calgary, AB
Are those lines a joke? I started laughing when I saw the first post because I thought Tuggy was kidding. I theres no logic behind those lines. Sekac is a second line winger, maybe a first, and he's been playing great, why demote him. Pacioretty is our best ****ing winger, why did he get demoted, Eller at #1C is knteresting, dont really hate it, we'll see what happens. ****ING Weise on the first line are you kidding MT? Who would it hurt to switch Weise and Sekac? This is ridiculous. Galch getting some easier minutes isnt the worst thing in the world though.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
No joke. Therrien's blender been working overtime.

Also this has to be the worst schedule I can remember in recent times. I keep forgetting we're in the middle of a hockey season. :rant:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Johansen will show how a real center gets it done. He's been on fire on the stat sheet (sans +/-).

Will he get in another fight with Pacioretty? ;)

He's a stud. I love how he plays the game.

Excited for tonights game, should be a tight one between two fairly similar teams.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Johansen did squat all first 2 years in the league. He was a healthy scratch in the AHL before breaking out last year, so comparing him to Galchenyuk who has been much better up to the same points in their career is silly at this point.

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
No joke. Therrien's blender been working overtime.

Also this has to be the worst schedule I can remember in recent times. I keep forgetting we're in the middle of a hockey season. :rant:

The funny thing is now they are playing back to back night... wtf nhl.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I know Columbus is low in the standings, but Habs better be ready to play a full 60 min tonight. Blue Jackets are in survival mode and playing every game like it's a playoff game recently.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
you guys know I usually defend Therrien, but Eller on the first line is just insanity

then again I think we'll win this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad