They are getting rid of the Devils Dancers!

goawaygary*

Getting rid of the goal song, the Devils Dancers, the all you can eat seats.

I mean, I now see so many compelling reasons to go and not watch on TV. :sarcasm:

Wait...so no more buffet in the fire and ice lounges?

Ragnaroker

Sep 5, 2014
Getting rid of the dancers is fine, but please lord, DO NOT GET RID OF EARL. YOU DONT GET RID OF EARL.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I thought many fans have wanted them gone for awhile. Now there's an outcry?
Only time I saw anyone pay any attention to them was in the initial stages of their existence. From then on, no one really cared that they were there.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Getting rid of the goal song, the Devils Dancers, the all you can eat seats.

I mean, I now see so many compelling reasons to go and not watch on TV. :sarcasm:

Those things are why you went to games? Lol.. It's about watching hockey live, the best way to see it.. If I want a buffet, I'll go to a buffet.. If I want to see scantily clad women dance, I'll go to a strip club.. If I want to yell "you suck", I'll do it to Rangers fans when we play them at home.. The song was the only one of those that actually added to a better game experience but I'm over it, the goal that just got scored is more important

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Those things are why you went to games? Lol.. It's about watching hockey live, the best way to see it.. If I want a buffet, I'll go to a buffet.. If I want to see scantily clad women dance, I'll go to a strip club.. If I want to yell "you suck", I'll do it to Rangers fans when we play them at home.. The song was the only one of those that actually added to a better game experience but I'm over it, the goal that just got scored is more important

HA! I wish I had the money for club seats game after game. I'm usually (98% of the time) in the 100 level. It's all about atmosphere. They aren't replacing anything with anything. It's all voids. You watch. This season's arena atmosphere will be vastly different from the last three years. Between this and over pricing tickets, I'm just not getting the angle here. For the record I never wanted the Devils dancers gone. I liked them. Complete strawman arguments trying to compare them to strippers. Oy.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
HA! I wish I had the money for club seats game after game. I'm usually (98% of the time) in the 100 level. It's all about atmosphere. They aren't replacing anything with anything. It's all voids. You watch. This season's arena atmosphere will be vastly different from the last three years. Between this and over pricing tickets, I'm just not getting the angle here. For the record I never wanted the Devils dancers gone. I liked them. Complete strawman arguments trying to compare them to strippers. Oy.

Haha just busting your chops a bit man though I never directly compared them to strippers.. But the point of them was to have pretty women show some skin and dance to music, not be cheerleaders rooting on the team.. If they, or any other pro sports team group like them, were actually a cheerleading squad like at college football games why does no team ever have guys in their group? That's clearly not what any sports team is going for, there's definitely an element of sex in play there for the guys in attendance.. Same with the Islanders/Flyers ice girls versus our more efficient group of college hockey players.. In 226 I never saw them aside from on screen so I'll admit it's maybe a bit easier for me to not really care that they're gone

I don't see the atmosphere really being that different though because of these small changes.. And I honestly think it'll be better.. The Dancers didn't add much to the atmosphere, they did like 2 routines to some song plus throwing out t-shirts and taking photos with fans.. Removing the buffets should improve atmosphere as more people will be down by the ice following the game and cheering

Plus why no mention of the new video system? That could impact game experience and atmosphere way more than the Dancers.. I know during the 2012 Finals it blew people away when they did the intro video on there.. We'll just have to see how it's utilized and how often (during intermissions and when announcing the 3 stars would be cool too).. And the new food stuff (boardwalk on the concourse, for example) would improve the experience for far more fans than a buffet for just the clubs

If their smart they'll unveil a few more game experience surprises on opening night too so I'm excited to see what happens but already I like where they're going

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
But Earl the Usher is still there, right?

Apparently there was a "problem" with featuring him too

But with Polite Police Captain Hugh, its probably a problem to him that a hockey team is playing on ice where it's cold and kids attending games could get sick

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Completely off topic, but I'm a younger devils fan and I never saw the Tie Domi/Scotty incident until I was browsing youtube last week.

Man, what a piece of crap he was.

Find Tie Domi's interview after the incident where he is crying saying he didn't mean it, and was sorry (sorry he got suspended for it is more like it), blah, blah, blah. He's the worst. ;)

Oh and Harry Neale on the CBC feed going on and on about how "he fell all by himself" over and and over. Some commentator he is. God I just watched it again...so angry.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Only time I saw anyone pay any attention to them was in the initial stages of their existence. From then on, no one really cared that they were there.

Pretty much, except there was always that small contingent of 5 or 7 creepy, 50 year old guys with beer guts that would stand 8 feet away from them and leer.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
For the record I never wanted the Devils dancers gone. I liked them. Complete strawman arguments trying to compare them to strippers. Oy.

I know, right? That's just crazy talk.

Look at these girls.... I mean...... how on EARTH could anyone in their right mind compare them to strippers. Oy.

nj-devils-dancers-4.jpg

pic09-dorisnew.jpg

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Wait a minute. Hold on just a minute. Let me make sure I read this right:

They GOT RID OF FREE FOOD IN THE LOUNGES?

What the hell is the point of them now then?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wait a minute. Hold on just a minute. Let me make sure I read this right:

Comfy seats and a personal bar away from the hoi polloi :sarcasm:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
God damn it now I am canceling my pre order. That was the final straw.

I haven't bought an EA game since NHL07. I was going to buy one of those systems just for NHL15 and maybe Mortal Kombat. But the more things change, the more they stay the same. I just saved $600.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012

What NJDevs26 said.

* Lounge bar
* Lounge bathrooms
* Lounge concessions
* Sequestration

Kinda like the Mezzanine Club at MetLife if you've ever been to that stadium. Just accommodations that make sure the people don't have to mix with the rest of us fans.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
no dancers, no lounges, no free food thats all wimp ****. sit up in the 200s like a real fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad