They are getting rid of the Devils Dancers!

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Getting rid of the goal song, the Devils Dancers, the all you can eat seats.

I mean, I now see so many compelling reasons to go and not watch on TV. :sarcasm:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I get that they want to create a family atmosphere but that's just not the Devils fan demographic. Its mostly younger people who are just now able to afford to go to games on a regular basis. Now I don't care that the dancers are gone, I just hope they don't alienate their largest demographic with this shift to a super subdued experience.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They were pretty lame anyway. I'd trade them for a deluxe burger stand if it was revenue neutral.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I get that they want to create a family atmosphere but that's just not the Devils fan demographic. Its mostly younger people who are just now able to afford to go to games on a regular basis. Now I don't care that the dancers are gone, I just hope they don't alienate their largest demographic with this shift to a super subdued experience.

I heard they are torn between using the theme song from the Brady Bunch or the theme from the Partridge Family as the new goal song

Both of these answers are the best answers.

Pretty soon we will have graphics on the jumbotron telling us when exactly to che...oh wait. That's been done. :laugh:

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012
It wasn't just them at the games though they went out and promo'd the devils and themselves and did a pretty good job at it.

I get it that this team is in debt and this type of **** adds up very quickly, I've just always enjoyed seeing them there I kind of know her personally a little so I guess I've got a bias towards keeping them. But they were always out promoting the team as much as they could. I think its a shame they're gone

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
It wasn't just them at the games though they went out and promo'd the devils and themselves and did a pretty good job at it.

I get it that this team is in debt and this type of **** adds up very quickly, I've just always enjoyed seeing them there I kind of know her personally a little so I guess I've got a bias towards keeping them. But they were always out promoting the team as much as they could. I think its a shame they're gone

yeah I dont see anything "good" about getting rid of them other than saving $
if some people didnt like them, they could just look elsewhere

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Call me a castrated wuss or whatever, but I'm glad they're gone.

I'm trying to watch a game, not think about how much I'm not getting a lapdance.

Cheerleaders are there for one purpose and it's not team spirit. Good riddance. I hope all teams get rid of them.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I'm trying to watch a game, not think about how much I'm not getting a lapdance.

You summed up my feelings about the dancers as well. I also feel bad for them when -literally- no one gives a **** about their dancing and stuff and they seemingly put so much effort into it. Embarrassing, really.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Exactly. It's frigging hockey, not Disney.

I understand the marketing desire to cater to moms and kids, but honestly - your market is pretty much the hardcore American male.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I never understood why they had them in the first place. After they did a routine, it seemed about 12 fans clapped for them.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Well if they are taking away the eye candy they better step it up in the food and booze areas. I come first for the hockey but my self-diagnosed ADD loves a good distraction

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
Say what you will but my daughter will be dissapointed when they're not there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad