THESE are price cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

FNGretzky said:
If the players salaries are rolled back 24%, all ticket prices should be rolled back at least 24%
That is a ridiculous assertion. THere is no rational basis for doing so, unless the fans want to kick in their share of the $1 billion lost by the NHL owners over the last ten years.

The 24% is to get the owners back to around break-even.

gobuds

Mar 2, 2004
torontosportsmedia.com
While admitedly it is not huge, it should be interesting to see what pundits like Spector have to say now that team like the leafs are slightly rolling back ticket prices which they have stated the fans would never see....

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
kingsfan said:
As for the Raptors, well I'm not sure if we are watching the same ones. i can recall a few very low attendance games in recent years. Though that may have as much to do with the on court product as anything.

Regardless of their attendance, they aren't exactly a powerhouse in the ticket selling department compared with other teams in those leagues. Just the same as Florida doesn't hold a candle to the Leafs in the NHL, the Jays and Raps don;t hold a candle to the Lakers/Yankees either.

Oh, I agree, they aren't powerhouses at all. But the Raptors ranked exactly 15th in the league last year in home attendance, which is pretty impressive considering the poor play over the last couple years and the stinky cloud of pessimism that's been hanging over the franchise. Although they don't anymore, they used to be one of the biggest road draws in the NBA (mostly thanks to Carter)

GSC2k2*

arrbez said:
Oh, I agree, they aren't powerhouses at all. But the Raptors ranked exactly 15th in the league last year in home attendance, which is pretty impressive considering the poor play over the last couple years and the stinky cloud of pessimism that's been hanging over the franchise. Although they don't anymore, they used to be one of the biggest road draws in the NBA (mostly thanks to Carter)
In the year before, the Raptors were 8th in attendance. To still remian in the upper half after repeatedly missing the playoffs is remarkable.

Low attendance games? You claim to watch games?

The guy you are responding to clearly does not have a handle on facts regarding Rap attendance. They are firmly in the upper echelon of fan suport. With a 500 team, they would immediately snap back to top 8 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad