THESE are price cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paisano*

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=131410

- Ottawa is freezing season-ticket prices for two years and offering a five per cent rebate on 2005-06 season tickets. Season ticket-holders will get a free player-autographed Senators jersey and more than 13,000 additional free tickets will be shared among them. The price of 1,550 lower bowl season has been cut by as much as 33 per cent.

- Buffalo is reducing the price of season tickets, between 12 and 28 per cent in the two lower levels of the arena, and varying price according to the opponent. "To me, the most telling thing is you can be in a centre-ice lower-level seat for $49 (for a season ticket)," Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn was quoted in the Buffalo News. "That seat would cost upwards of $200 in Toronto or New York."

- In Phoenix, the Coyotes have cut prices on nearly 15,000 seats ranging from 11 to 25 per cent. The average reduction is 12.8 per cent. The move means more than 5,000 season tickets are available for $15 or less a game.

- In Boston, the Bruins plan to cut prices and make players more accessible to fans. "Our fans constantly tell us they want more access to the player personnel," owner Jeremy Jacobs told the Boston Globe. "Be it before games, after games . . . somehow we've got to provide that brush with John Q. Public."

- In Los Angeles, the Kings reduced the price of season-ticket packages by five per cent although individual game ticket prices will remain unchanged. They are also expanding the Dave Taylor Die-Hard Section, which consists of $10 US season tickets, from 500 to 1,000 seats and offering fans a free pre-season game Sept. 17 versus Anaheim at the Staples Centre. On the ice, the Kings re-signed veteran forward Luc Robitaille.

- In Chicago, all Blackhawks full season-ticket holders will receive a 10 per cent discount on their tickets while an additional 2,672 seats have been priced at $10. With the new price structure, the Blackhawks now have more seats available at $15 or less than any other NHL team.

These make our 3% lower bowls cuts look pretty paltry. Also offering 200 $10 tickets per game while Chicago & others are offering thousands, is pretty lame. I know, I know if you don't like the prices, don't go!

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
That's good stuff from Ottawa.

Buffalo too.

Phoenix I hope does better this year. I would hope that the people in Phoenix see that it's a cheap night out, and you get great entertainment.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The Hurricanes have cut prices by up to 35%, have expanded the cheepest seating area and have made it open to buy season tickets in those areas.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
dunwoody_joe said:
Thrashers: No cuts. Prices stay the same. No perks either.

They must think they are in Toronto or Montreal.

Thrashers tickets can't get any lower there alrreayd t 20 bucks lol ...

any more slashing, and there will have to pay fans to come and watch :biglaugh:

OMG btw... would that count against the cap :teach: :shakehead :biglaugh:

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
joepeps said:
Thrashers tickets can't get any lower there alrreayd t 20 bucks lol ...

any more slashing, and there will have to pay fans to come and watch :biglaugh:

OMG btw... would that count against the cap :teach: :shakehead :biglaugh:

Not where I sit they are not!

Hell, over the past 5 years they should have paid me to watch--sometimes!

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Ya, the habs are cutting 10% on over 400 tickets, which I would assume is the upper level. Then on top of that, every tuesday they are going to hand out 500 tickets probably to go along with the whole "mechant mardi" that they were having. And just so you know, Montreal's ticket prices are in the middle to lower range compared to the other teams. It's the beer that costs the most.

tritone

Aug 26, 2003
Laval
Visit site
LPHabsFan said:
Ya, the habs are cutting 10% on over 400 tickets, which I would assume is the upper level. Then on top of that, every tuesday they are going to hand out 500 tickets probably to go along with the whole "mechant mardi" that they were having. And just so you know, Montreal's ticket prices are in the middle to lower range compared to the other teams. It's the beer that costs the most.

Yup 8$ a beer ... those retchid bas**rds .... for 8$ a beer I want naked girls dancing in my lap!

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
tritone said:
Yup 8$ a beer ... those retchid bas**rds .... for 8$ a beer I want naked girls dancing in my lap!

I believe beer is $10 at Staples Center, and using a handy online currency converter that's about $12.29 cdn.

dcav

Apr 11, 2005
Boston, Ma.
Bruins are offering $10 tics (about 1,000). Previous lowest priced tic was $19.
They are also offering free admition to kids under twelve accompanied by a parent (one free kid per tic purchased). Other tic price cuts are going to be announced they say. Good game plan by management. Fill the seats with kids who eat and drink and dad will empty his pockets! ;) It's all fine with me, the building will be full and noisy again.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
dunwoody_joe said:
Thrashers: No cuts. Prices stay the same. No perks either.

They must think they are in Toronto or Montreal.

They'll probably give you the old line "we were among the lowest in the league before the lockout" non-sense. But hey, at least you have a team. ;)

JimmyPage

Jan 22, 2005
Toronto
Chileiceman said:
What is the deal with the teachers?

The Teachers Pension controls a majority (if I have this right) of the leafs and there will be no reduction of ticket prices in T.O.

MacDaddy TLC*

The Ontario Teacher's Pension fund owns a chunk of the Leafs and are one reason that the Leafs won't be cutting ticket prices. The other, and really the main reason, is THEY DON'T HAVE TO! They could fill the ACC 42 nights a year with completely different peoiple for each game and still have people in line to get tickets!

Other teams have to resort to gimmicks and price slashes, but the Leafs never have to. I really wish they would though, because I hate to see ANY of that money going to the teams that should have died a miserable death because they just can't cut it in the NHL market.

MacDaddy TLC*

http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/mlseannouncesnewownershipstructure

The new ownership structure of MLSEL has some familiar players with the Teachers’ Merchant Bank, the private equity arm of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, increasing its investment to 58%; Bell Globemedia with an investment of 15%; TD Capital Group increasing its investment to 14%; and Kilmer Sports Inc., owned by Larry Tanenbaum, increasing its investment to 13%. The top priority of the group will be to provide the commitment and solid financial foundation essential to bringing a Stanley Cup and an NBA Championship to Toronto.

baldrick

Jul 1, 2005
Mayor of MacAppolis said:
The Ontario Teacher's Pension fund owns a chunk of the Leafs and are one reason that the Leafs won't be cutting ticket prices. The other, and really the main reason, is THEY DON'T HAVE TO! They could fill the ACC 42 nights a year with completely different peoiple for each game and still have people in line to get tickets!

Other teams have to resort to gimmicks and price slashes, but the Leafs never have to. I really wish they would though, because I hate to see ANY of that money going to the teams that should have died a miserable death because they just can't cut it in the NHL market.

...nah....it's just TOO easy! :shakehead

MacDaddy TLC*

baldrick said:
...nah....it's just TOO easy! :shakehead
For the Leafs to fill the ACC. You are correct. They also sell a few thousand tickets in every building they visit. You're welcome ingrates of the NHL.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Mayor of MacAppolis said:

I'm actually shocked they are not raising the prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad