Rumor: Therrien extended 2 years? MurphysLaw74's twitter

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
There things about Therrien I actually liked, if he would just drop the obvious favoritism I would be ok with this. But he's stubborn so doubt that will happen.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sucks but bound to happen.

Frankly....it's an awesome news. Not because I'm a fan, but because it's not 3 or 4 years as I would have expected. Not that it changes a whole lot as when it's time to fire....you fire. But at least they might be even less hesitant to fire him with such a short contract.

I mean, you don't fire a guy after such a performance. So 2-years is really not that bad of a news.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The team has greatly improved overall since he's came on and we've had good success, he definitely deserves and extension.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I knew he's get extended after a good playoff run. I'm more curious about who will get Gallant's spot and maybe re-vamp our anemic PP.

PricePkPatch*

Gionta and Therrien were both a part of this team during this run. I guess they're both invaluable in equal amounts regardless of any and all evidence to the contrary.

Gionta was more of a liability

Our game system wasn't half-bad and gave us 2 solid series victory.. So I'm willing to cut more slack to Therry

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Frankly....it's an awesome news. Not because I'm a fan, but because it's not 3 or 4 years as I would have expected. Not that it changes a whole lot as when it's time to fire....you fire. But at least they might be even less hesitant to fire him with such a short contract.

I mean, you don't fire a guy after such a performance. So 2-years is really not that bad of a news.

Was coming to write this, but not use the word awesome. :D

oohhkev

Jun 26, 2006
im happy its a 2 year contract as well. though there's no real job security for therrien as he can get fired at any point, knowing that he'll only get his contract renewed if he keeps the team sharp will keep him more motivated than knowing he gets paid for 4 regardless of his performance.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If we can get a GOOD tactical coach to replace Gallant, it's not such a bad thing.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Like him or not I think he has done some good work. I have no issue with him at the helm.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Gionta was more of a liability

Our game system wasn't half-bad and gave us 2 solid series victory.. So I'm willing to cut more slack to Therry

Go watch that last game again and see our long-bomb transition get hilariously shut down. Therrien played into Coach V's pocket. The teams themselves are really close, but no way should we have been embarrassed like that in an elimination game.

PricePkPatch*

Go watch that last game again and see our long-bomb transition get hilariously shut down. Therrien played into Coach V's pocket. The teams themselves are really close, but no way should we have been embarrassed like that in an elimination game.

we actually had a pretty solid game until the R's goal, and they just shut down like a nun.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
If a bridge contract is good enough for the players...keep proving your worth and get paid accordingly. That's refreshing for Habs fans, no?

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
1, 2, 4 or 8 years... It doesn't really matter. When coaches go, its usually because they are fired before their term is up. We knew Bergevin wanted to keep him, I hope nobody is surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad