Therrien - Edition Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah.. except Tampa is losing because they have a boatload of injured important players and also because Stamkos not wanting to be there is a huge distraction.

... eh... wait, what?!?!?!

Math930

Feb 13, 2015
... eh... wait, what?!?!?!

They are 6-4 in the last 10.

Montreal is 2-7-1.

Stamkos not wanting to be there anymore is like if Price was "liking" rumors sending him to Vancouver. MTL fans would go nuts, and it would also create a distraction.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They are 6-4 in the last 10.

Montreal is 2-7-1.

Stamkos not wanting to be there anymore is like if Price was "liking" rumors sending him to Vancouver. MTL fans would go nuts, and it would also create a distraction.

I suppose Montreal doesn't have important injured players, since you apparently disregarded this aspect of your post.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah.. except Tampa is losing because they have a boatload of injured important players and also because Stamkos not wanting to be there is a huge distraction.

Tampa have had to deal with injuries to Palat and Johnson, true, but they weren't playing particularly well with them in the line up anyways. Those guys combine for 6 goals in 41gp. Tampa has struggled all season.
Injuries didn't help but they were already having problems.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
At the beginning of the season, if you had asked everyone, the teams that were supposed to be powerhouses in the east :

NYR
Mtl
TB

And Cooper/Vigneault were so much better than MT.

Both have had nowhere near the amount of missed games by players as important as Gallagher, Price. But we're still ahead of those teams.

Thing is, we have had some pretty good games out of all of our losses. What we're seeing right now is the other end of spectrum of luck and bad timing. When we play well, our goalies play like crap and the other goalie plays out of his mind. The few times our goalies have played well, we didn't show up. We've had some players with bad luck, some others whose heads are anywhere but in the game. Just terrible timing and bad luck. The Dallas game was the apex of everything going wrong while facing the best offense in the league. The end result was not pretty with guys saving their energy for another fight.

But here on HF habs, everyone is blaming MT. The magical solution. Some posters who haven't posted in months are coming back from retirement to bash MT. It's typical, it's easy. We'll see in the coming road trip if we pull together or crumble. Either way, something has got to give. A trade, a change of coach, or just Subban/Patch/Plek deciding that they have some pride. Whichever...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At the beginning of the season, if you had asked everyone, the teams that were supposed to be powerhouses in the east :

NYR
Mtl
TB

And Cooper/Vigneault were so much better than MT.
Vigneault is better, always has been and always will be. I'd love to have him back, we re-hired the wrong guy.

As for Cooper... I'd be pretty pissed off if I were a Tampa fan. He's misused Stamkos to the point of pissing him off. Now they look like they might lose him for nothing. Cooper may be a good coach otherwise but if you alienate a star, it mitigates any good you might do.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Posted this in the thread on the mainboards, but this is basically MT/MB and company:

tFOSNJR.png

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
#MTwatch -

The only good thing about the injuries to Price and Gally is that if the team loses 10 in a row, MB will really be forced into firing our idiot coach.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
#FireTherrien

I've had a ****** day, so that's contributing, but I'm sick of him. He's not going to change. He is what he is. He can do some good and has had a probably net positive impact on our team as far as growth, but he's holding the Habs back now. So I'm happy with how our guys like Pacioretty, Subban, Price and Gallagher have developed under him, but it's time for a new voice. Then guys like Galchenyuk will get even better. We need a new coach badly.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
#FireTherrien

I've had a ****** day, so that's contributing, but I'm sick of him. He's not going to change. He is what he is. He can do some good and has had a probably net positive impact on our team as far as growth, but he's holding the Habs back now. So I'm happy with how our guys like Pacioretty, Subban, Price and Gallagher have developed under him, but it's time for a new voice. Then guys like Galchenyuk will get even better. We need a new coach badly.

And that's the book on MT (see Pittsburgh).

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
And that's the book on MT (see Pittsburgh).

Exactly. That's not surprising. He's the kind of guy that fits an Edmonton type of team, but he has a short shelf life. He'll help them on the road to becoming a great team, but can't "finish the job" so to speak. Of course though, with regards to Edmonton, they have one of the best coaches in the league now. I'm speaking about Edmonton of past years.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Exactly. That's not surprising. He's the kind of guy that fits an Edmonton type of team, but he has a short shelf life. He'll help them on the road to becoming a great team, but can't "finish the job" so to speak. Of course though, with regards to Edmonton, they have one of the best coaches in the league now. I'm speaking about Edmonton of past years.

Edmonton are showing signs of life with their current coach and woudn't touch MT with a ten foot pole.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Edmonton are showing signs of life with their current coach and woudn't touch MT with a ten foot pole.

Isn't that simply rephrasing what I said? :huh:

They have one of the best coaches in the league right now. I'm saying MT would have fit their team if they hadn't already signed a better coach.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Isn't that simply rephrasing what I said? :huh:

They have one of the best coaches in the league right now. I'm saying MT would have fit their team if they hadn't already signed a better coach.

Edmonton is doing great with their current coach, they wouldn't hire Therrien in place of McLellan...though I wish we had.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Edmonton is doing great with their current coach, they wouldn't hire Therrien in place of McLellan...though I wish we had.

What...? That's what I literally just reiterated!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

McLellan >>>>>>>> Therrien

I'm saying that if TMac wasn't available and Therrien was, Therrien would have been an alright choice as a stopgap coach to develop the team. I'm just giving Edmonton (pre-McLellan) as an example.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
What...? That's what I literally just reiterated!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

McLellan >>>>>>>> Therrien

I'm saying that if TMac wasn't available and Therrien was, Therrien would have been an alright choice as a stopgap coach to develop the team. I'm just giving Edmonton (pre-McLellan) as an example.

Don't worry, I understood.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
It's amazing how elite goaltending can insulate idiotic decisions.

All the suspicious move MT is pulling out of his ass have a lot less of an impact on the team when he have Price standing on his head for ~65 games a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad