Therrien - Edition Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, we did get off to a great start and Therrien got a lot of praise. But after last night's game many of the old controversies have re-surfaced. Will this thread be like the last one or will it be more like last year's? Should be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Continue here...

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I hope the DD-Pacioretty experiment was only temporary and to shake things up for one game, because no one will benefit from that. David was producing less recently but a 3rd line can't be hot all year long, he was doing fine where he was.

Galchenyuk is red hot right now, why not give him a chance with #67?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well, we did get off to a great start and Therrien got a lot of praise. But after last night's game many of the old controversies have re-surfaced. Will this thread be like the last one or will it be more like last year's? Should be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Continue here...

There is only one reason why this thread could be the last. It probably involves a terrible losing streak or some serious misdemeanor, on or off the ice.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Blue Jackets are like booze and a sexy red dress for Therrien. It makes DD look all the more tasty. I am resigned to a repeat of 2013-2014. No Cup this year, again.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Why is it so hard to try Galchenyuk with Pacioretty?

Leave Desharnais in an exploitation role, he's been great playing those easy minutes this year and he has no business playing with Pacioretty again.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There is only one reason why this thread could be the last. It probably involves a terrible losing streak or some serious misdemeanor, on or off the ice.
I asked if this thread would be like the last one. I didn't ask if it would be the last one. :)

What I said was that the last thread was pretty complimentary towards the guy - and deservedly so. But with last night's game folks (rightly or wrongly) are back criticizing him again. We'll see how this one goes.

I'm not a fan of the new lines by any stretch, but the team has played well for most of the year. I'm definitely hoping that we don't go back to the old ways, but half a game doesn't mean squat in the grand scheme of things. I just hope he keeps doing what he's been doing because the lines we've had this year have mostly made sense.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Why is it so hard to try Galchenyuk with Pacioretty?

Leave Desharnais in an exploitation role, he's been great playing those easy minutes this year and he has no business playing with Pacioretty again.

People want the truth but they can't handle the truth.

Galch and Max is money. When they played together they were red hot and the team went on a 9-1-1 win streak so Therrien had to come up with a lie to break them up to get Peewee Herman going again when he got cold.

If Therrien pairs Galch with Max again he won't be able to break them apart again without going through some very heavy criticism. Point finale.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You are very hopeful
I don't think he's a good coach, but I do think he's done a good job this year. It's too soon to write the guy off for this year because he scrambled the lines for half a game. Sure, I'm not happy with lines anymore than most people are but it doesn't erase the first good 25 or so games that we've seen this year. I think we need to wait and see what happens.

Nynja*

I dont see Davey leaving Patches hip for a while...I'm expecting a bunch of low scoring games coming up, and with Condon in nets, two goals wont be enough to win a hockey game.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Galch and Max is money. When they played together they were red hot and the team went on a 9-1-1 win streak so Therrien had to come up with a lie to break them up to get Peewee Herman going again when he got cold.

If Therrien pairs Galch with Max again he won't be able to break them apart again without going through some very heavy criticism. Point finale.

It doesn't even need to get there. IMO, Therrien already deserves some fair criticism for how he's handled the lines and TOI recently. We've all seen how this team can be good, we've all seen good things happening when Patches and DD are separated. And we've all seen how effective the team is when DD's minutes are limited.

There's absolutely no reason to go back to DD-Patches, other than to get DD going. And at this point, we have to consider the hypothesis that Therrien is indeed catering to DD's needs to a certain extent.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It doesn't even need to get there. IMO, Therrien already deserves some fair criticism for how he's handled the lines and TOI recently. We've all seen how this team can be good, we've all seen good things happening when Patches and DD are separated. And we've all seen how effective the team is when DD's minutes are limited.

There's absolutely no reason to go back to DD-Patches, other than to get DD going. And at this point, we have to consider the hypothesis that Therrien is indeed catering to DD's needs to a certain extent.

That's the thing...
Going from where? His general play and his production were not a problem lately. 3 points in 10 games or so isn't even bad considering it's a 10-game stretch. It's not ideal, but it's not bad.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The idea that Therrien caters to DD's needs has now been overwhelmingly demonstrated for several years.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That's the thing...
Going from where? His general play and his production were not a problem lately. 3 points in 10 games or so isn't even bad considering it's a 10-game stretch. It's not ideal, but it's not bad.

Plausible Therrien thinks DD can do much better.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Plausible Therrien thinks DD can do much better.

Well...
I don't know. He (they) can. Like pretty much every player. They could also do much worse.

3 points in 10 games isn't exactly abnormal. 0.5 PPG seasons (a benchmark that makes sense in his case, as long as he isn't deployed as a first center and with our best wingers) usually aren't made of 8 consecutive strings of 5 points-in-10-games stretches.

My guess is that Therrien's finger was itching to press "ON" on the lineblender.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That's the thing...
I agree. It's not like he was playing badly.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well...
I don't know. He (they) can. Like pretty much every player. They could also do much worse.

3 points in 10 games isn't exactly abnormal. 0.5 PPG seasons (a benchmark that makes sense in his case, as long as he isn't deployed as a first center and with our best wingers) usually aren't made of 8 consecutive strings of 5 points-in-10-games stretches.

My guess is that Therrien's finger was itching to press "ON" on the lineblender.

well, he is now with the best winger(s).

the only blending to occur : switching Fleishmann and Patches.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
well, he is now with the best winger(s).

the only blending to occur : switching Fleishmann and Patches.

To be honest I don't even know anymore where the right wingers are/were slotting in the lineup so I can't say whether the bolded is true or not.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
To be honest I don't even know anymore where the right wingers are/were slotting in the lineup so I can't say whether the bolded is true or not.

Patches - Plekanec - Byron
now Fleishmann - Plekanec - Byron

Fleishmann - DD - Weise
now Patches - DD - Weise

that easy.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well, DSP was with Plekanec. I think.

wrong.

Byron the last few (2 I think) games.

still, one has to wonder, why in hell our most productive C, and PPG player the last 9 / 10 games, get a bunch of 4th liners on his right... while the guy who is apparently our 3rd line C get promoted to 1st line and getting 17+ minutes for most of the last 10 games or so ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I thought I had heard that before.

From A Few Good Men:

afewgoodmenjacktruth.JPG

Lieutenant Kaffee: I want the truth!

Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad