'There's something really wrong' with Canadiens' fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
What makes me happy about this thread is that after a quick skim I haven't seen anyone take the bait. This guy is doing his job, which is to feed this garbage to Bruins fans and rile up Canadiens fans. If the bait is not taken by us that he's failing in part of it.

The important thing to remember is that either he doesn't believe any of this, or he actually has a very serious problem and deserves our sympathy.

PricePkPatch*

Man. We really need our whining crowd to gain penalties.

Probably why we beat them twice in their own building this year. Yep sir.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Tony didn't take the bait and didn't have much to say about this and even cut a caller off for calling the Bruins names saying there's no need for that type of stuff. Not sure what the caller said though since I wasn't really listening to him..

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
I lived for 4.5y in Boston and listened to them pretty regularly driving back after work. I actually found them pretty entertaining when not talking about anything involving the Habs. They just lose any kind of objectivity there.

And for all they say, the bias in the media is not even close to comparable regarding calling games. Boston commentators are huge, huge homers (Edwards... lol). It doesn't compare to guys like Dube/McGuire or even the RDS people that usually give props to the other team and call out stuff on their own and say Montreal should've taken a penalty there, etc.

For Boston, it's diving, diving, diving, everyone is trying to influence the refs, and apparently their players take the high road and are different (despite constant proof of the very opposite). They pander to their fanbase much more than I've ever seen the Montreal media do and find any kind of ridiculous excuse about how it's fine for Lucic to hit people in the crotch or punch them in the head, or Marchand elbowing people/diving, or Chara going berserk, etc. It's all fine and explainable.

Anyway, they're clowns and they know how to draw an audience and pander to it, so props to them. I'd say that from what I heard, the hockey knowledge is just a whole lot lower there than here, be it commentators or casual fans (ofc there's some knowledgeable fans too).

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
C'mon guys, let's go easy on this guy. Life can't be easy growing up in Boston and having a last name like, Felger. He's barely literate so we shouldn't be too hard on him. Maybe he should whine about the schooling system in Boston instead of the Habs :)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There's a culture of whining within the Bruins organization. Their coach does it, their players do it, their media does it -- opening their traps and crying about the opposition. They set a pitiful standard.

When do we ever hear a Habs player or coach complain publicly?

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
There's a culture of whining within the Bruins organization. Their coach does it, their players do it, their media does it -- opening their traps and crying about the opposition. They set a pitiful standard.

This is so true. They really have a big whining culture.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hah, when I was a mere rookie hockey fan, this would have angered me beyond my limits.

Now, I just laugh, I laugh because I know they're scared.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

All this is true. The B's are probably the worst team in the NHL at doing so as well. :nod:

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
It's media, for Boston, by Boston.

Let them get caught up in it, lose focus and try to beat the Habs up, the Habs will just beat them.

PricePkPatch*

Can I change my vote... I want to play Boston now.:laugh:

No.

That's that they want. Boston/Bruins goad us into going to play their game. NEVER GIVE IN. It's a sucker's game. It's like if the Devil tells you to at least meet him at the negotiation table; YOU WILL LOSE

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You guys really need to stop taking the Bruins media and fans seriously. They have problems, just let them be

idiot-31.jpg

Boston media to a T

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If the NHL wants to stop the intentional hits to injure, they missed their opportunity with Matt Cooke again, My feeling is they should have made an example of him, a repeat offender with many injured due to his hits.

They should have said that's it for him, he's out for the playoffs, and will be fined a season's pay for each transgression that caused injuries throughout his career. Then all player's would really have their eyes opened and that type of play would end once and for all, league wide.

The pretense of attempting to stop these acts is just that, a sham, like I said Matt Cooke without question in everyone's eyes, other than maybe his, is the worst culprit and they missed the boat once again, IMHO.:shakehead

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
You guys should have known better. This is exactly what they want. They get some free publicity. They are just catering to their fans.

This isn't the first time... and we all know its far from the last time.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
If the NHL wants to stop the intentional hits to injure, they missed their opportunity with Matt Cooke again, My feeling is they should have made an example of him, a repeat offender with many injured due to his hits.

They should have said that's it for him, he's out for the playoffs, and will be fined a season's pay for each transgression that caused injuries throughout his career. Then all player's would really have their eyes opened and that type of play would end once and for all, league wide.

The pretense of attempting to stop these acts is just that, a sham, like I said Matt Cooke without question in everyone's eyes, other than maybe his, is the worst culprit and they missed the boat once again, IMHO.:shakehead
Wrong thread? :p

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Nobody dives and whines more than the Bruins, it's a fact!

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
The Bruins aren't out of the first round yet and are already spinning their wheel of excuses for their series against us.

Is that a record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad