Jul 6, 2007
Apparently Lindback sucks and can't play guys...KP
Maybe he should learn to spell first and stop getting so excited

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
These guys are just giving their listeners what they want to hear.

And part of what they're saying is true. Of course we are expecting the refs to call penalties in our favour. The same could be said about 29 other fanbases in this league. In which arena do we hear fans applauding when the referees they punish the home team?

Certainly not in the TD Garden.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
These guys are just giving their listeners what they want to hear.

And part of what they're saying is true. Of course we are expecting the refs to call penalties in our favour. The same could be said about 29 other fanbases in this league. In which arena do we hear fans applauding when the referees they punish the home team?

Certainly not in the TD Garden.

I disagree. Every time I see a game in Boston and the Bruins dive I always hear their fans chant "take them both!"

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
What a load of BS.. There's no difference between Habs fans, Bruin fans or any other large fanbase on this board when it comes to crying and whining about the refs or penalties. All teams dive and embellish to get calls too Felger if you weren't aware. Yes even the Bruins..

At least Hab fans don't have the thug mentality of Bruin fans who want all opposing players bloodied and beaten up when their precious Bruins are getting their ***** handed to them by their opponent.

CaptCrunch

Apr 25, 2006
The fans are demanding penalties as they see it, its not our fault if we get beer league officiating each time the playoffs start. We have one of the most knowledgable fanbase around, not blindly cheering for the team but applauding a good defensive play, a hard shift, hell, even a good pokecheck. For my part, i'd like the refs to call everything, positive or negative, but i guess they "want to let the players play" and they don't want to "be a factor".

As for the media, i often hear about the penalties that should have been called against us as well as for us when i listen to mcguire and dube on ckac descriptions. I wonder how unbiased their play by play and colour guys are.

I get it, americans are in full orwellian "lets make up things and call it reality" mode and maybe they would like to live in an alternate dimension where we are always favored with the timely calls but the reality is that penalties are called so rarely that when it happens in a bad time for either team it sticks out like a sore thumb.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Have anyone seen this from Michael Felger:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-y...-132918093.html;_ylt=AwrBEiQ2J1lTESwAU2LQtDMD

It just disgusting when the Bruins had the biggest diving artist in Marchend.

The regular crap from Boston purists:sarcasm: he means like the dive Pacioretty took when Chara went after him or when Emelin was on his knees and Chara was targeting his plate in his cheekbone with punches, or when Chara was crosschecking Eller six times from behind all in one sequence around the boards and never was penalized. Yeah that's it, the Habs were diving without any help from the 6'8" - 260 lbs bully boy.

There is a reason why people like myself aren't allowed to play with people like Chara, if I was out there, I'd wait until he was speeding by me and straight arm him right in the windpipe and then skate up and ask what's the matter like he does to Habs all of the time. Obviously thinking it's part of the game, due to the fact all the Bruins get away with those cheap shots continually.

Poor sportsmanship is a highly cherished trait in the Boston Zoo and if the refs called penalties on the Bruins every time, games would take them into the following day on a regular basis, unless it was one of their morning games and some games that wouldn't change it.

That writer is probably related to Matt Cooke and trying to take the focus off of his latest accidental intent to injure, or maybe Lucic's pitchforking, Milan gets his fine and is chuckling saying it's only the 3rd time I've done it. Like he's a comedian and the fine was a joke, obviously it didn't teach him anything, bragging that he'd done it three times on TV.

The NHL wonders why there are public outcries about the fighting and all of these acts, adults don't want their children to watch professional hockey and think it's alright to emulate these players. Instead of being good role models for children in NA, their acts are more in line with the role models for children soldiers in war torn Sierra Leone. When are they going to take a stance, after someone dies on national TV in front of millions of viewers, good god and that guy hosts a sports show in Boston. What are their parents thinking allowing that, never mind how people through NA view their citizens after seeing these types of cretins?:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I for one have always despised the acts of cowardly bullies my entire life, but I can take care of myself and I'm an adult, not a child with a mind that's like a sponge, growing up thinking it's funny to beat people up and bully and intimidate them. That's exactly the type of person, I wouldn't want my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to emulate and educate them about mindless cretins like them.:(

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
what pisses me off is people that still think ole ole is a victory chant...

You can't blame people though, even my non Hab friends think the same. The idiots in the crowd always start singing it when we have the lead, with under 10 min left. Then we let a tying goal in.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
You can't blame people though, even my non Hab friends think the same. The idiots in the crowd always start singing it when we have the lead, with under 10 min left. Then we let a tying goal in.

Sometimes it is chanted in the second period when up by 2 goals or something. Like, WHY DO YOU FREAKIN SING THIS !?!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Tony is a homer as well, but he's not as aggressive more of a humour troll. This guy seems legitimately angry.

Perhaps, but I don't take anything they say seriously.

He even got the player who was tripped wrong. Said Boullion. Maybe he's looking at the refs and not the game.:sarcasm:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Tony is a homer as well, but he's not as aggressive more of a humour troll. This guy seems legitimately angry.

Ive also heard Tony and Nilan going on and on about how great Boston was. I never listen to Mazz and Felger, too cocky and arrogent. I like WEEI more, they are more respectful of the rivalry and MTL.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR

It sounds to me like Boston is aready using every excuse they can so they can blame
something or somebody when they lose to the Habs. The Boston wheel of excuses is on the job already!

v6nznUe.jpg

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ive also heard Tony and Nilan going on and on about how great Boston was. I never listen to Mazz and Felger, too cocky and arrogent. I like WEEI more, they are more respectful of the rivalry and MTL.

It's up there with the best rivalries in sports; Red Sox vs. Yankees; Lakers vs. Celtics (obv a while ago); Man United vs. Liverpool etc. This rivalry just deserves a bit more respect in the media rather than all the poo flinging, but then again these guys are paid money to act like this so you can't really blame them.

Guess, like you, I just dont' care for it.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Whining about whining. Hide yo kids.

This will be fun to bump when Detroit wins the series.

I laugh at it. I feel like the Bruins and their fans are in the heads of many Habs fans. Lets just beat them in the playoffs and there will be no need for the sillyness that goes on between the two groups.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
so what I am hearing is, Boston is way better at cheating and in the playoffs the refs should let the Bruins get away with most if not all of it because it's the playoffs. If the refs call the Bruins it's because the MTL fans fault. As far as the words about the Police, well what if Chara would have KILLED Patches DEAD, is it still just a strong hockey play?? or manslaughter? or just a " get out of jail card for free"

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
lol what a clown. I think what he's doing is called projecting, he's projecting his own insecurities towards other teams.

In any case, every fanbase has their idiot, and this guy is clearly one of Boston's biggest ones.

I wonder if I could make a career out of going on air and saying stupid things over and over ad nauseum. Some guys clearly have this part of the market cornered though...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
so what I am hearing is, Boston is way better at cheating and in the playoffs the refs should let the Bruins get away with most if not all of it because it's the playoffs. If the refs call the Bruins it's because the MTL fans fault. As far as the words about the Police, well what if Chara would have KILLED Patches DEAD, is it still just a strong hockey play?? or manslaughter? or just a " get out of jail card for free"

IMO we should move on from the pacioretty play. Nothing to gain from discussing this.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I laugh at it. I feel like the Bruins and their fans are in the heads of many Habs fans. Lets just beat them in the playoffs and there will be no need for the sillyness that goes on between the two groups.

tbf Boston is in their championship window and Montreal's is just starting to open up so this is going to only ramp up in coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille