There's a play in game Saturday and the leagues American TV partner won't show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It will be on NHL Network. Pretty hard for NBC to predict games like this, especially on a Saturday night prime time

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Wth is a play in game? The PHI-FLA one that has like 1 in 10000 chances of happening?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Absolutely, but you have to wonder why they have a more important contract with curling than they do with the NHL.

It's not necessarily more important, but a contract is a contract. You can't just go around breaking them because a game became a play in game.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
No, they don't, and it's still more "popular" than NHL hockey. That's the sad bit.
the NHL should really go back to espn. even for peanuts. its easily the most watched sports network. plus their youtube puts up everything.

Reactions: KCC

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
There is no play in game in the NHL, what are you on about? All of Saturday's games are teams playing Game 82, not some mystery Game 83.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It was deemed more important when it was signed. Otherwise there'd be a clause in the curling contract that if an NHL game was available it would take precedence.

The absence of an out clause means nothing about the relative importance of those relationships.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
This wouldn't happen in the NBA, NFL, MLB or probably even MLS. Makes no sense

well it cant happen in nfl since all games are nationally televised. but it does happen a lot, especially in april when baseball is on. espn is required to have a monday night and wednesday night baseball game on espn every week and basketball cannot overrule it. so if theres an nba play in game on a monday or a wednesday, oh well baseball rules over it

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I'll respectfully disagree. If you have something that matters, you do everything you can to ensure that it is the most important thing on your agenda, otherwise, it simply isn't.

well espn doesnt do it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad