Pre-Game Talk: There's a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This was the GOAT cereal. Young TB12 ate it every morning until they stopped making it haha. Also loved the cartoon for the 1 season it ran.
I loved that cereal. The closest thing is maybe alphabits. Or lucky charms without the marshmallows.

Reactions: TB12

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So this is worded oddly, full line of beverages, but only popcorn and small snaks for sale. meaning there will be beverages for sale? but only those food items? makes sense, can't just fire up over night.

ps. Was at the game last night and was blown away by how silly having the molson Canadian house open is. Huge packed lineup and packed in there. Like Covid I guess can't go out into that area lol. Just open it all up, would have made it more spaced out.
They’re desperate for that booze money. Food can wait for now.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
It’s the concept of short term pain for long term gain, I guess.

I’d never cheer for this team to lose but if a loss meant Tippett would be gone I might not cheer as hard for a win.

To cheer for a loss to increase the chance of someone getting fired doesn't seem worth it to me, and seems counter-intuitive as a fan.
Also, that person getting fired doesn't assume the next person is going to succeed. It could make things worse, even.

So it's possible you've cheered for the team to lose and they still suck. Now the team sucks and the fans suck too.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Last night’s game must have felt like torture.

Especially with dude behind us bragging about how many Art Ross' and Hart trophy's Edmonton has won to his San Jose and Vegas fan buddy, then when his buddy counters with Vezina trophys, Jack Adams and GM of the Year awards he spouts out about how it's not about personal accolades but team success then brought up cups from 32 years ago. Reminded me of the parts I didn't like about live games. Though it was nice to finally see a game live again.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Especially with dude behind us bragging about how many Art Ross' and Hart trophy's Edmonton has won to his San Jose and Vegas fan buddy, then when his buddy counters with Vezina trophys, Jack Adams and GM of the Year awards he spouts out about how it's not about personal accolades but team success then brought up cups from 32 years ago. Reminded me of the parts I didn't like about live games. Though it was nice to finally see a game live again.

Good rule of thumb for buying tickets to an Oilers game ... never buy a ticket to game where the team has 2+ or greater days off before hand.

They are never ready to play after a break, even the 05-06 team shit the bed after the Christmas break.

Unless you are getting the ticket for like 50-60%+ off, avoid those games like the plague.

Reactions: bone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad