Pre-Game Talk: There's a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Was at the game last night and sitting fairly close to Smith. He looks so done. I positioning was off on so many shots. He used to get by on athletism but I don't think he has that anymore.

Reactions: Rengorlex

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
LOL really? I was going to go as well actually. Thank goodness my buddy canceled on me before we bought the tickets.

Ehhh f*** it it's been a while since I've gone. I had the Oil refund me like the last 3 games not counting the ones I sold already. Being a STH this year has been brutal

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Really like the first line. Glad Tippett finally gets it. Puljujarvi is such a key....... He does so many things on the ice.
Pretty sure that ain't the line up just what the op wants the lines to be. Tippett ain't smart enough to know when to change lines up.

Reactions: Coachcorner

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I’ll put as much effort into watching as they do playing

Yep, hard to care too much about a dead end season.
I don't remember the last time I watched a full game and it actually puts me in a better mood when I'm not watching.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Chicago is an awful team. I fully expect the Oilers to play down to their level, but solid chance the Oilers still win this pretty easily.

Should be a solid two days of fan/media gushing about whatever players managed to get in some fluke goals against a terrible Chi defense before NYI traps the entire team into ineffectiveness again on friday.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yep, hard to care too much about a dead end season.
I don't remember the last time I watched a full game and it actually puts me in a better mood when I'm not watching.
I turned the game off after goal #2 last night. You knew they weren't going to come back after that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I turned the game off after goal #2 last night. You knew they weren't going to come back after that.

Same here. I argued with people on here who were blaming Smith on that goal then turned it off and watched College Basketball and did a few house chores and immediately was in better spirits.

It gets unhealthy when something you're supposed to enjoy consistently puts you in a down mood. Once you learn to tune it out when it starts making you feel sour, the outlook immediately improves. I'll tune in tonight but I won't waste my time for long if it looks early on like it's going to be a typical Oiler night.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We also when when there was "very bouncy" gifs ;) but we'll leave those for another day lol

D78B9CA0-E7BA-4753-9587-2BCD430200FE.gif

Can’t lose.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Same here. I argued with people on here who were blaming Smith on that goal then turned it off and watched College Basketball and did a few house chores and immediately was in better spirits.

It gets unhealthy when something you're supposed to enjoy consistently puts you in a down mood. Once you learn to tune it out when it starts making you feel sour, the outlook immediately improves. I'll tune in tonight but I won't waste my time for long if it looks early on like it's going to be a typical Oiler night.
I'll probably just keep an eye on the scoreboard while I do other things. That whole sequence leading up to the 2-0 was peak Oilers. Overpassing (You're in the slot, Drai!), terrible shot choice, weak backchecking...

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I just stuff myself with food before I go to a game. Sometimes I get something to drink between intermissions just because it's as dry as a desert in that place but I hate spending my hard earned cash on overpriced bad to ok food.

I'll usually grab pizza from a place a few blocks down from Rogers. It's half the price, double the size and tastes way better. Includes a can of pop and it's still cheaper than that Pizza 73 cardboard

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Imagine if Benson/Perlini aren't used today? Imagine seeing that debacle last night and still not getting an opportunity to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad