Half-Assed GDT: Theres a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
On the other hand. I got a mormon guy in the reddit secret santa this year. Had no idea what to send him, so I got him a t-shirt and a fancy hat. Hope he likes it.

WoXP0Lr.png

JzZUIem.png

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I heard it and was trying to figure out if there was going to be a fight. Maroon yelling at the refs? Good job.

Reactions: Bendak

Bluenatic

Fresh start
Aug 13, 2010
STL
Blues really are the worst team in the league. Will our luck land us a top 3 pick or will we have a Bluesy outcome in every single, possible way in the lottery/draft?

Reactions: Bendak

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues easily could have lost that Winnipeg game given the number of posts Winnipeg hit. It looked like a great defensive effort because of the final score, but a lot of that was Allen standing on his head and luck.

This game, the Blues defensive play wasn't nearly as bad as the score would suggest. The first goal was a fluke, and Allen probably wishes he had one (if not both) of the other two goals back. I would have expected both to be saved far more often than not, honestly, just from watching the play develop. If we had last game's Allen in net instead of this game's Allen, it's 1-0 at worst off a fluke goal. If anything, I think this should be an indication of just how much a goalie's play can affect the perception of how the defense in front of him is playing.

The common theme between the two games for the skaters is that the offense is struggling big time to generate anything meaningful...and that's been a theme for awhile, now.

Your points are valid, but don't really address my point. I'm saying that in the 1-0 shutout, they came out with more energy, and more effort to reduce their gaps on defence, than in the recent games before that, and had good results, despite making several errors which luck prevented from costing them. Luck played a hand in that success, but, nevertheless, they DID play better overall than they had been playing most of the season, and they'd have been at least competitive in that game, EVEN if all 3 lucky breaks ended in goals against. However, despite having the success, partially due to more dedication to defence and more physical play to become more difficult to play against,,,,,, they followed that minor success by playing a listless game, forgetting that they have to play hard because they are in a desperate situation, and that they can't win in a wide-open game against most of the current NHL teams. Almost every time The Blues have played a relatively good game this season, they've followed it up by coming out listless, and flat in the following game, getting down several goals very early, and most often, never getting back into that game. That HAS to be mental, a lot more than just the natural result of their weaknesses in their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad