GDT: There's a game today? The answer is yes.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
It doesn't matter. It's a piece of cloth. Those guys are free to lead all they want. The letter doesn't get in their way. If this team has a leadership problem, it's due to personnel and not due to letter assignments.

I buy that.

aloonda*

Not long, because since he was traded her he's been overall our best defensemen, which says all kinds of thinks about our defense, but suck isn't the word for him.

He sucked the first 10games last year(he was paired with Gonchar not a coincidence), he has bad games and stretches, he makes mistakes with the puck, sometimes too much, because he had to force things too much or tried to do to much on his own.

The Problem with Goligoski is either people don't pay attention to the good things he does on the ice or don't want to see it for whatever reason, and Stick to and highlight is mistakes. So when he isn't scoring he is berated around here.

he's a tiny v word with no vision, poor passing, poor ability to keep the puck in the zone, and no ability to clear a crease

at least klingberg's passes hit the tape,, goose? I fart in the general direction of who I am passing too

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
You have been metaphorically banned from board Dallas Stars by HFStars bot!
This bot has automatically banned you for 2 weeks for not detecting enough overreaction in your post.

Oops sorry

THIS TEAM IS IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGE. TRADE ALL THE PLAYERS STARTING WITH SEGUIN. TOO MUCH VODKA HAS RUINED THIS TEAM. WE WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME. LINDBACK WOULD BE BETTER THAN KARI IS. STRIP JAMIE OF THE C AND GIVE IT TO NO ONE BECAUSE NO ONE DESERVES IT.

Is that better ?

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Oh I thought we were actually going to strip him of the C, thanks for letting me know guys.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
he's a tiny v word with no vision, poor passing, poor ability to keep the puck in the zone, and no ability to clear a crease

at least klingberg's passes hit the tape,, goose? I fart in the general direction of who I am passing too

I mean, thats literally impossible and metaphorically unfounded.
Can we not call the players names :(

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014

:shakehead Ok whatever you say chief

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Oops sorry

THIS TEAM IS IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGE. TRADE ALL THE PLAYERS STARTING WITH SEGUIN. TOO MUCH VODKA HAS RUINED THIS TEAM. WE WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME. LINDBACK WOULD BE BETTER THAN KARI IS. STRIP JAMIE OF THE C AND GIVE IT TO NO ONE BECAUSE NO ONE DESERVES IT.

Is that better ?

Well, yes.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Gotcha. It's definitely been better. The first handful of games stats were terrible.

Yeah looking at the stats we have 4 games letting in 2 PP goals and those are really what ruin our record. We have quite a few games letting in 0 but they're off-set by the games where we give up a couple. It doesn't help that we're 23rd in the league for # of times shorthanded.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
It doesn't matter. It's a piece of cloth. Those guys are free to lead all they want. The letter doesn't get in their way. If this team has a leadership problem, it's due to personnel and not due to letter assignments.

Basically

We can blame him for his poor play, but this doesn't have to do with the letter on his chest. Can you imagine all the other 20 guys in the dressing room right now looking at him like, "What do we do???" and Jamie looking at them like, "I don't know!! Stop looking at me!!"

Not how it works.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
team tank is officially on if we lose to Carolina Tuesday.

Can one of you fancy stat guys throw me a link that shows who's on the ice for goals against? I have a running bet with myself that Jordie has been on the ice for over half of the goals this team has given up.

Did Seguin even touch the puck tonight? I know Benn did nothing with it.

I can totally see why Montreal fans are thrilled Moen is gone. He's very slow, didn't really forecheck, and if he made one good play I missed it. He's not the player we deserved. He's the player we needed for team tank.

I honestly can't fault Hemsky's effort. If he's going to be bad for one year out of three at least it might be this year when the rest of the team is a dumpster fire too.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Wait does that include shorthanded situations? Obviously he'd be more likely to be scored on but I swear every time I look up he's on the ice for a goal against. He's been terrible, including how not to play a 2 on 1 for the first goal against Chicago.

Yes. The next column Team PPGA is the shorthanded goals against. 16 ESGA + 4 SHGA = 20 GA. 14 GF - 1 PPGF = 13 ES GF. That's why he's a -3.

I Am Sidney Crosby*

Oops you're right. I glanced at the numbers and assumed we weren't bad for some inexplicable reason. That's better for Jordie and worse for our trash team lol

Dammit, did I just defend Jordie... :shakehead

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
HYPERBOLE INCOMING

wowza- are you primarily a Spezza fan or a Stars fan?

Of course I'm a Spezza fan/sens fan. But at the same time, I follow the Stars.

When Spezza was playing with Benn and Seguin, there were still a period of time that they were scoring (and the entire team was still somewhat producing).

The team/line-up right now can't even ****ing score, let alone make quality chances (and finishing it). I'm not saying they should stick with the TRIO for the entire season. Just use them to get the confidence going.

Are people still thinking that Benn-Seguin-Hemsky works??? If so, I'm pretty dumbfounded (but than again, the problem with Hemsky is where should he play?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad