GDT: There's a game today? The answer is yes.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Personally I think Benn should be taken off the PK anyways. At least for a bit. Keep him fresher for other minutes and not like the PK has been great with him on it.

In the past 5 games we've let in 2 goals on 16 opportunities. How is that not good ? I don't disagree that maybe he should play less on the PK but you can't say our PK hasn't been much improved lately

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
So at what point do you take the C off of Benn?

give it to Vern Fiddler or Antoine Roussel for all I care. Benn isn't doing anything with it right now.

They are unofficially captained by the Ghost of Apathy.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
They're not going to take away the C, but he sure as hell doesn't look like a captain right now.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
gtfo goalsagainstki

seriously

klingberg comes in and makes you look like a jr hi kid in 3 games

gtfo

Have you even watched the games?
Since Goligoski has had a dependable partner he's been fine, and in 28minutes(almost half the game Goligoski was an even 0) tonight.

Goligoski isn't as bad as people around here try and make him and as good as Klingberg has been you've definitely drank way to much of the punch

aloonda*

Since Goligoski has had a dependable partner he's been fine, and in 28minutes(almost half the game Goligoski was an even 0) tonight

Goligoski isn't as bad as people around here try and make him and as good as Klingberg has been you've definitely drank way to much of the punch

ive seen goligainstki suck for how long now?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So at what point do you take the C off of Benn?

give it to Vern Fiddler or Antoine Roussel for all I care. Benn isn't doing anything with it right now.
It doesn't matter. It's a piece of cloth. Those guys are free to lead all they want. The letter doesn't get in their way. If this team has a leadership problem, it's due to personnel and not due to letter assignments.

MetalGodAOD*

What's so funny about that? What the hell has he done the past 10 games to warrant having a C on his chest.

It's funny because teams don't strip Cs off players for having a bad stretch of games. Holy hyperbole and overreaction.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I have to say it, but... I thought Cole looked better today too... But that's about it...

Anyone noticed that Spezza only played 12 Minutes tonight?

No, Cole was hot trash. I saw him pass up a couple good opportunities to level someone but no, there was zero commitment to the body from anyone. Roussel, Garbutt, whatever.

Ruff's job is to get these idiots to commit to the team. He's either lost the room or the room has lost itself. Fresh blood is going to be tainted by the stink of whatever farted in that room. My bet? Modano.

Nill needs to inflict some serious fear into this lineup and get some cooperative players in to leadership positions.

At this point, Spezza was a bad decision.

And Goligoski is pretty bad. He is paid to be a top D man on this team. He is now being shown for what he is, a bad defenseman. By a rookie. Who has had two hip surgeries.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Since Goligoski has had a dependable partner he's been fine, and in 28minutes(almost half the game Goligoski was an even 0) tonight.

Pretty much this ^.

Jordie looked horrible again. I really wouldn't mind him getting scratched. It might send a message.

Primetimey*

What's so funny about that? What the hell has he done the past 10 games to warrant having a C on his chest.

It is funny because you aren't stripping Benn of the C. That is one of the dumbest things one could think would actually happen.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'd prefer it if we weren't one of those excessively negative boards that does nothing but talk about how much the team sucks and ***** about players. We had a ****** game. It happens. Some of the players were bad. That also happens. What's the point in *****ing about it forever ? They'll do better next time. And if not then so what ? Complaining won't make the team play any better.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
I'm reminiscing of when we all went nuclear last year. Things can change. Hopefully they do.

Fsjb5pqg.png:small

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
This team is officially trash lol

I just can't see this team winning against ANY team, whether it is the Sabres or the Ducks.

A trade for a defensemen or a simple line change isn't going to change ANYTHING.

Maybe they should just stick with Benn-Seguin-Spezza...the splitting up isn't working AT ALL.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'll photoshop McDavid into victory green some time tomorrow if I get the time and you guys can tell me how he looks

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
ive seen goligainstki suck for how long now?

Not long, because since he was traded her he's been overall our best defensemen, which says all kinds of thinks about our defense, but suck isn't the word for him.

He sucked the first 10games last year(he was paired with Gonchar not a coincidence), he has bad games and stretches, he makes mistakes with the puck, sometimes too much, because he had to force things too much or tried to do to much on his own.

The Problem with Goligoski is either people don't pay attention to the good things he does on the ice or don't want to see it for whatever reason, and Stick to and highlight is mistakes. So when he isn't scoring he is berated around here.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
This team is officially trash lol

I just can't see this team winning against ANY team, whether it is the Sabres or the Ducks.

A trade for a defensemen or a simple line change isn't going to change ANYTHING.

Maybe they should just stick with Benn-Seguin-Spezza...the splitting up isn't working AT ALL.

HYPERBOLE INCOMING

wowza- are you primarily a Spezza fan or a Stars fan?

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
In the past 5 games we've let in 2 goals on 16 opportunities. How is that not good ? I don't disagree that maybe he should play less on the PK but you can't say our PK hasn't been much improved lately

That's basically insinuating that the PK has been good because of Benn. I highly doubt he's the big, main reason it's been good. Minny, for one, already has an abysmal PP. I believe they've been shutout on it when they're away. It's more than simply Benn. Let's not overstate what he's been doing.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I can't wait to see this board go down in flames after a crushing defeat vs. the Hurricanes on Tuesday.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
I'd prefer it if we weren't one of those excessively negative boards that does nothing but talk about how much the team sucks and ***** about players. We had a ****** game. It happens. Some of the players were bad. That also happens. What's the point in *****ing about it forever ? They'll do better next time. And if not then so what ? Complaining won't make the team play any better.

You have been metaphorically banned from board Dallas Stars by HFStars bot!
This bot has automatically banned you for 2 weeks for not detecting enough overreaction in your post.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
That's basically insinuating that the PK has been good because of Benn. I highly doubt he's the big, main reason it's been good. Minny, for one, already has an abysmal PP. I believe they've been shutout on it when they're away. It's more than simply Benn. Let's not overstate what he's been doing.

No I was disagreeing with the statement that the PK hasn't been good. It has been. Whether Benn is part of the reason for it is debatable but the improvement of our PK isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad