GDT: There Will Be Blood: Devils @ Oilers 4pm MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This is the first good team we played in a while on the backend of a long west coast trip. I think we all knew this would be the result. Still a good road trip from a record perspective. But the eye test wasn't very inspiring.
This is what's pissing me off right now. The team is getting it done, but they don't seem to be clicking entirely.

I'm not worried for the future or none of that. They have loads of talent. I think this young core is maturing and facing some adversity, but it is what it is this season.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Nemec looks like a good addition to the team. Very happy with him. I am as happy with Nemec as the level of disappointment with Timo Meier.

I also figured Ruff would adjust and figure it out in the 3rd period. Not sure what happened there. The Devils are abetter rounded team in my estimation.

Love the fact we will have L. Hughes and Nemec for years on D. They will both be stars, just wait until they get some more games and experience under their belts.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
We have one offensive plan if the other teams coach figures it out we lose. We need to switch things up everyone knows what's coming. Don't think Lindy is that smart🤷‍♂️

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Jack is forcing it right now a little, but dude is still getting his looks. He hit a post yesterday, got robbed today. The goals will come. Coming back home will help.

McDavid was struggling at the start of the year and he was hearing criticisms a lot. Then he came back. Top players struggle at times. It happens.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I can’t get on the team too much. 3rd game in 3.5 nights and all in the road so them being tired and sloppy isn’t a surprise.

Still looking and hoping for a team that comes out and really owns an opponent and does it for a few games. Even with the recent wins, this team is getting barely getting by and that’s not good enough with this roster.

Eh, with Timo submarining any line he's on and no Hamilton, I don't really think this is a dominant team right now. Over the last 5 games, Timo has a 35% xG - it's hard to carry that around.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did anybody call the next GDT?

I'm in the mood for an exorcism.

Complete with a priest and a nun.

Can we trade Vitek for Pacard🤔
I find it hard to see him being any worse behind our team than the broken Vitek.

But Edmonton can't take back that kind of cap.

Unless you wanna take back Campbell's (lol) who has I think 3 more years left after this to Vitek's 2? And at a higher cap hit.

I'm not sure he'd be much worse than current Vitek behind this team.

I firmly believe Vitek will perform worse here than anywhere else though.

Calvin Pickard, Devil Killer. 3-0 now and he's given up 3 goals on 82 shots.
Those other games must have been yeeeearrsssssss ago. I don't think he's been an NHL regular since about 16-17.

I'm gonna guess the first 2 were with Colorado.

If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember DD hyping him up as well, after we lost a couple to him. Not as much as he hyped Mrazek though.

I do vaguely remember him shutting us out though. I would have forgotten about that if you hadn't posted his career numbers against us. It had to be either in 15-16 or 16-17.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It’s still basically the first week of the season with the standings

They just won 6 of 8. Huge progress.

Now continue working on their game and take advantage of some home cooking

BTW, lots of nhl teams dealing with the flu bug. Could be that too, who knows
Really curious to read your take on this. The team winning is great, but the quality of hockey they’re playing seems really subpar to me, since the start of the year.

The trip went well results wise, but man, I’d argue there were some huge negatives in all 4 games. I could let it slide if it was just the trip, but this dates back to the start of the season.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Eh, with Timo submarining any line he's on and no Hamilton, I don't really think this is a dominant team right now. Over the last 5 games, Timo has a 35% xG - it's hard to carry that around.
Even so, this team should have games where they look very good and the Devils are 26 games into the season and they only have a handful of really good games. The team needs something to freshen things up as they’ve been stale all season.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Looked like a team who had played 3 straight road games across the continent on a back to back against a team that was rested at home.

This was always going to be an uphill battle. 3rd period was encouraging but they looked how I expected.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Really curious to read your take on this. The team winning is great, but the quality of hockey they’re playing seems really subpar to me, since the start of the year.

The trip went well results wise, but man, I’d argue there were some huge negatives in all 4 games. I could let it slide if it was just the trip, but this dates back to the start of the season.
I saw some progress. When they got the leads in Seattle and Calgary they were trying to shut it down which we didn’t see all season

Also, there’s 50+ games left. Lots of time to get to where they want to be.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Did anybody call the next GDT?

I'm in the mood for an exorcism.

Complete with a priest and a nun.

I find it hard to see him being any worse behind our team than the broken Vitek.

But Edmonton can't take back that kind of cap.

Unless you wanna take back Campbell's (lol) who has I think 3 more years left after this to Vitek's 2? And at a higher cap hit.

I'm not sure he'd be much worse than current Vitek behind this team.

I firmly believe Vitek will perform worse here than anywhere else though.

Those other games must have been yeeeearrsssssss ago. I don't think he's been an NHL regular since about 16-17.

I'm gonna guess the first 2 were with Colorado.

If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember DD hyping him up as well, after we lost a couple to him. Not as much as he hyped Mrazek though.

I do vaguely remember him shutting us out though. I would have forgotten about that if you hadn't posted his career numbers against us. It had to be either in 15-16 or 16-17.
It's too bad because his cap hit is practically nothing 😭

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It’s still basically the first week of the season with the standings

They just won 6 of 8. Huge progress.

Now continue working on their game and take advantage of some home cooking

BTW, lots of nhl teams dealing with the flu bug. Could be that too, who knows
We are in the flu hockey era. Now teams should manage their health periods, get sick in time to have time to recover and go to important games with immunity. and distribute the incidence of various players by season.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I saw some progress. When they got the leads in Seattle and Calgary they were trying to shut it down which we didn’t see all season

Also, there’s 50+ games left. Lots of time to get to where they want to be.
I can agree. Again, for the record, I’m not worried about the future. I love the young core and the talent is there. They’ll be good. But this season might just be a maturing year, learning to deal with adversity. Maybe they go on a huge run here.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad