GDT: There Will Be Blood: Devils @ Oilers 4pm MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Of course as I somewhat praise Schmid this game happens. Oh well, garbage game to end a good road trip. Start over fresh next week with hopefully some roster/staff moves.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Maybe there's some truth to what the people on the other side are saying, both ways.

Schmid made nice saves tonight. He also let in 2 stinkers. It is what it is. Team needs to regroup and move on from this game as far as I'm concerned.

Is there? The other goalie "making saves" wasn't the difference in this game. The difference was generating nothing 5 on 5, and being dog shit on the pps, and schmid letting in a couple stinkers. Pickard was irrelevant.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Is there? The other goalie "making saves" wasn't the difference in this game. The difference was generating nothing 5 on 5, and being dog shit on the pps, and schmid letting in a couple stinkers. Pickard was irrelevant.

yeah because that's happened a lot to the devils this season. there's 1 previous game it applies to

also schmid was fine. he stopped some he shouldn't've and gave away a goal. that's normally how goaltending is when it's average.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In his goal Schmid played fine in terms of stopping pucks. 3 goals against on 2.82 xG and one of the goals was the misplay leading to the empty net (which of course he is at fault for).

Just generated nothing up front.
I'm sure the idiots who make the decisions will throw Vitek back in there on Wednesday, but they didn't do that in Seattle when I expected them to.

If we're gonna lose to Boston anyway, the best thing may be for Vitek to be in there, so maybe that really puts the nail in him.

But I'm much more interested in winning that game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Made some big stops, let in some stinkers.
This was almost Blackwood's game in Tampa in November of 2021.

Let in a couple of stinkers, made some big saves, let in 3 goals I think.

Biggest difference in that game and this game is we scored 4 goals to win that game. We scored 1 tonight.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Bratt and McLeod worked hard tonight and stood out. I don't want to get on Toffoli because he is a good addition but he has cooled off. Most disappointed in the Tmo Meier trade. I hate to say it boy, he is not fitting in like we hoped and we gave a up a lot for him, would take Zetterland back with a smaller contract at this point.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
schmid really wasn't too bad tonight. he made some big stops.. the mcdavid goal sure but it could have been a lot worse
He made enough saves to have given us a chance if the offense could generate more, but it didn't. The first PP had some good looks but was pretty ineffective after that.

We do need to get him a leash though to keep him from wandering too much.

Camille the Eel

In his goal Schmid played fine in terms of stopping pucks. 3 goals against on 2.82 xG and one of the goals was the misplay leading to the empty net (which of course he is at fault for).

Just generated nothing up front.
Power play also has gone ice cold in the last couple games. Even gave up a shortie in Calgary. It happens and it’s a statistical correction too, but it is concerning and we need to address it.

Can’t afford a let down game against Boston but all the same it won’t surprise me. Coming home from a long trip it often happens.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I can’t get on the team too much. 3rd game in 3.5 nights and all in the road so them being tired and sloppy isn’t a surprise.

Still looking and hoping for a team that comes out and really owns an opponent and does it for a few games. Even with the recent wins, this team is getting barely getting by and that’s not good enough with this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia