Post-Game Talk: There is no defense for bad soup, or 5 Reasons Why Nurses Shouldn’t Serve Soup

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I wonder if the Oilers have a team shrink; if not, they should probably look into getting one. We seem to have a lot of mentally fragile players, Campbell and Puljujarvi most notable among them.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
You guys running another player out of town?

If management bases any of their decision on what is posted on HFOil they should never work in pro sports again.

We are fans giving our opinions. There isn't really much hyperbole in response to Campbell's undeniably horrible run to start his time with the Oilers. I'm not sure what purpose comments like this serve.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If management bases any of their decision on what is posted on HFOil they should never work in pro sports again.

We are fans giving our opinions. There isn't really much hyperbole in response to Campbell's undeniably horrible run to start his time with the Oilers. I'm not sure what purpose comments like this serve.
I always have to laugh at posters that think this site has the type of influence that will run players out of town. That's the media's job.

• Haha
Reactions: Harry Curry

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I wonder if the Oilers have a team shrink; if not, they should probably look into getting one. We seem to have a lot of mentally fragile players, Campbell and Puljujarvi most notable among them.
I’ve mentioned this before but I know the guy they hired in the early 2000’s as a sport psych and it was the worst experience of his career. Basically the players had no interest and it was “what do you know, college boy”.

I think sport has advanced a lot since then so today’s athletes would likely be more receptive but it’s not magic. If I was Campbell I’d hire John Stevenson. He worked with Holtby during his Vezina season and does some amazing stuff with eye work.

Last edited:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I always have to laugh at posters that think this site has the type of influence that will run players out of town. That's the media's job.
Even the media doesn't have all that much power anymore.

There are more instances of fans and trolls harrassing players on twitter and social media to the point that it sours relationships of late than there are of media/message boards having an impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Campbell statistically is a bottom 5 goalie in the league when even with how bad our team is defensively, he shouldn’t be. Skinner is much better even with the same defence. You can’t watch Campbell play and think “well it’s the teams fault”.

The defence is bad. Campbell is worse. Both suck, both need to be far better.
You need to chill. We can talk have way through his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad