Rumor: There have been rumors/ proposai of an exchange between the Nashville Predators and the Montreal Canadiens just before the draft..

To Montreal Yaroslav Askarov and this year's 15th overall pick To Nashville This year's fift

• Yes

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 99 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah but who added that in? Is it the same ppl who thought PLD wanted to come here.

As George W would say. Fool me once, shame on me, a fool can’t be fooled again or something like that.

Wait what lol?

Who the hell still thinks that PLD did not want to come to Montreal? LA and Montreal were the only teams involved in the entire process.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Don't know enough about him.

I'd absolutely pick a goalie top five though. Of the six goalies who've been picked top five, two are in the HOF, two are going there. One was solid but played much of his time on a terrible expansion team.

The other would've been great but DiPietro had crazy injury problems. One of the best puck handlers I've ever seen. Also the dumbest contract ever...

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If it was unchangeable that we would take Reinbacher AND I knew Wood would for sure be on the board at 15, then I'd do it. Wood is the better prospect AND we get Askarov?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If it was unchangeable that we would take Reinbacher AND I knew Wood would for sure be on the board at 15, then I'd do it. Wood is the better prospect AND we get Askarov?
A) Wood is not the better prospect
B) There would be no way to know who would be available at 15

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It’s been widely reported on the internets that Chicago wanted to trade down with us so they could draft Reinbacher. But Hughes wouldn’t budge. Sounds like the fifth pick was the best pick or the draft this year!
Everyone wanted Reinbacher, the top 4 were coerced not to take him. It’s a great time to be a Habs Fan. When PLD signs here we will be 1-2 pieces away from contending.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Not sure how any Habs fan that has watched some of the great goaltending we have over the years can say this.

We've watched goaltending carry us to the stanley cup final and multiple rounds in other years despite very mediocore teams.
Yeah... I would like to finally get a good team with a decent goalie instead of having a team build a round all-star goalie.

I think if you've managed to build a solid team up front you can make a so-so goalie look amazing in your net.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Wait what lol?

Who the hell still thinks that PLD did not want to come to Montreal? LA and Montreal were the only teams involved in the entire process.
I think there was an initial interest but I also think the reality was he knew he wasn't coming here as long ago as last year. Hughes made an offer and he wasn't budging. Kudo's to Brisson for all the smoke and mirrors. He got far more out of LA than he could possibly have gotten here. Montreal a rebuilding team were never really in the mix. The longshot was getting him as an UFA but it became evident he wouldn't reach that status.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think there was an initial interest but I also think the reality was he knew he wasn't coming here as long ago as last year. Hughes made an offer and he wasn't budging. Kudo's to Brisson for all the smoke and mirrors. He got far more out of LA than he could possibly have gotten here. Montreal a rebuilding team were never really in the mix. The longshot was getting him as an UFA but it became evident he wouldn't reach that status.
We never stood a chance against that LA offer...

Reactions: MolleSon and Rapala

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Don't know enough about him.

I'd absolutely pick a goalie top five though. Of the six goalies who've been picked top five, two are in the HOF, two are going there. One was solid but played much of his time on a terrible expansion team.

The other would've been great but DiPietro had crazy injury problems. One of the best puck handlers I've ever seen. Also the dumbest contract ever...
I dont think will ever see again a goalie pick top 5

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Personally I would have just taken Michkov but if he was DND then I’d do this in a heartbeat

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Goalies have averaged out for the time being. Why spend a top five if nobody stands out?

But if there’s a guy who does? Draft him!
There’s never a good reason to imo. Even Price, if we grabbed Kopitar instead, and ran kopitar/Halak for a few years we are a better team than with Price/Halak. Price was awesome, but probably delayed the rebuild, which was probably needed for 10 years or more.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Yeah but who added that in? Is it the same ppl who thought PLD wanted to come here.

As George W would say. Fool me once, shame on me, a fool can’t be fooled again or something like that.
I feel you either know everyone on the internet or are stretching it a little to make a point here ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad