New York
Which one? This one?

BJd39SX.png

He was pretty clearly onside.

That's incredible :laugh:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
To answer the question, the guys would be so fatigued at some point that some sort of mental mistake would cause a scoring chance to end the game well before the longest possible game ever happened. I almost wonder if at some point during 10+ OTs teams would put in their backup goalies to save a weak one from going in.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I feel like at some point the referees and linesmen would become so tired that they wouldn't be able to keep up with the play.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I feel like at some point the referees and linesmen would become so tired that they wouldn't be able to keep up with the play.

That tends to take longer than it does as a player. I consider myself reasonably in shape, but back to back hockey games as a player just about kills me. In contrast, it took 6 games back to back as an official to feel roughly as tired. Of course, it varies by level and system, and working an NHL game is obviously considerably more tiring than working, say, a peewee game 2-man. The most tiring one is referee in 3-man, in my opinion.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Imagine as a fan. How long would you stay? I've been to double ot games but I couldn't even imagine 4 ots not to mention 6...

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Imagine as a fan. How long would you stay? I've been to double ot games but I couldn't even imagine 4 ots not to mention 6...

I stayed up watching all the OTs in 2003 for anaheim, and I was on the east coast.....Man my command didn't like it that I was always so damn tired haha:yo:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I'd say if goes beyond 6 Periods of OT it should be stopped. Just for pure health reasons, 6 Periods of OT is 3 games in one, and anything beyond that really wouldn't be hockey anyway, it would be a 'last man skaking endurance test'. Besides, would it really be that unacceptable to have the first goal scored in the next game as the winning goal of the previous game? Perhaps if we're talking the 7th game of the series then it could be an exception.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'd say if goes beyond 6 Periods of OT it should be stopped. Just for pure health reasons, 6 Periods of OT is 3 games in one, and anything beyond that really wouldn't be hockey anyway, it would be a 'last man skaking endurance test'. Besides, would it really be that unacceptable to have the first goal scored in the next game as the winning goal of the previous game? Perhaps if we're talking the 7th game of the series then it could be an exception.

Yeah that would be pretty unacceptable. Why should one goal count twice? What if there's a change in arenas? If someone got a match penalty, do they get to play? That's dumb

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
D

Honestly I don't think we don't have to worry, the longest ever games seemed to end, all of them will at some point. There will never be a tenth overtime game, we haven't even seen a six overtime game in the NHL in what, over 75 years?

Either fatigue will lead to a goal or a power play and then a goal..

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It would run until the next time they need to "clean up" for an event.

Such as taking the ice down for a NBA game or a concert thats scheduled that day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad