Their ship is sinking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I would take Kessel for a 2nd or lower in a heartbeat and put him with Plekanec instead of Moen or Gionta.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
because he is completly one dimensional if he doesn't score he actually hurts your team, refuses to play defense or even skate hard in his own end and he shoots from everywhere
:laugh:

I live in Toronto so I've seen him play enough to not need a scouting report on him, but thanks. ;)

Like I said before, Kessel is the only legitimate scoring threat on the team so when teams focus on him and his teammates don't pick up the slack it magnifies what he doesn't do. Yes he may be a one trick pony, but he is among the best in the NHL at that trick, and last I heard, the object of this game is to score more goals than your opponent. Guys like him should be criticized for not scoring, but not for not playing defense or hitting.

And shooting from everywhere is a problem now? This guy might have the best shot in the league. If anything, Kessel PASSES too much.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
The Montreal board has its moments of bipolarity and I don't ever go in here after a loss because of the overreactions. Yeah I'd say we're pretty bad too.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The Montreal board has its moments of bipolarity and I don't ever go in here after a loss because of the overreactions. Yeah I'd say we're pretty bad too.

Montreal is bad after wins even.

It's really just hive mind of certain posters. "Montreal won but Price should be better" or "Montreal won but we didn't look tough enough"

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Their ship isn't sinking they're sitting comfortably in 5th with 30 points, it's just a knee jerk reaction by fans, we do the same all the time.

I was about to make a similar point. It's by no means certain that the Habs will finish ahead of the Leafs in the Northeast division. The Habs have a lead but it's not unbridgeable.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
thats because most posters are immature kids, I use to be one of those kids.....
I believe that but living here in Toronto I do know a few guys in their 30's and 40's that are just uptight stiffs when they lose just like our fan base I suppose but when TML beat the Habs...on my facebook all I get is pics of beach balls behind Price for DAYS!! never mind for just that evening after the match..a million texts and phone calls..it's INSANE!! Myself on the other hand put up my usual "Go Habs Go" with a cool pic and that is all. When TML lose though ..tumble weeds are a blowin, crickets are a chirpin, you can actually hear the earth spinning on it's axis. Get me outta here!! lol

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I believe that but living here in Toronto I do know a few guys in their 30's and 40's that are just uptight stiffs when they lose just like our fan base I suppose but when TML beat the Habs...on my facebook all I get is pics of beach balls behind Price for DAYS!! never mind for just that evening after the match..a million texts and phone calls..it's INSANE!! Myself on the other hand put up my usual "Go Habs Go" with a cool pic and that is all. When TML lose though ..tumble weeds are a blowin, crickets are a chirpin, you can actually hear the earth spinning on it's axis. Get me outta here!! lol

Hehe. Consecutive seasons without playoffs will do that.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Current chance for CDN teams to make the playoffs is a bit surprising: Montreal (99%), Toronto (92%), Vancouver (87%) and Ottawa (79%).

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

^This exactly. Funny how you mention the beachball pic, cuz it's so old as a meme (if you can even call it that) and they STILL constantly use it. I got one sent to me just the other day by a troll friend of mine.

The difference between our board and theirs is that the same people who love one player one minute, hate the player the next. On our board, there are people with opinions that stay pretty much the same about a player and the opinions just get magnified depending on whether the player in question had a good or bad game. That and I assure you - we are farrrr more even keel than them, on the boards and on the streets yo.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Current chance for CDN teams to make the playoffs is a bit surprising: Montreal (99%), Toronto (92%), Vancouver (87%) and Ottawa (79%).

Why are the odds looking so favorable? I guess it's because some of the US teams looked better on paper. When The Rangers got Rick Nash to go along with their other high-end talent I thought they were a shoo-in to make the playoffs. Their odds are certainly reduced, although they should still get in. On the other hand, I thought the Flyers were suspect. The Schenn-JVR trade worked out extremely well for the Leafs. The Caps are finally playing decent hockey but their poor start may hurt them. We were disappointed when TB signed Boucher but he seems to have been overrated.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm in Toronto for the weekend, staying in cushy Richmond Hills. Very mixed around here. My brother and most of his friends are ex-Montrealers who still love the Habs, but there are a few Leaf fans in their late 40s who fight an inferiority complex every time hockey comes up. Such defensiveness from otherwise mature adults. They still can't help mentioning that 6-0 game. I responded, "Man - you guys act like it was a playoff game! Actually, I apologize... I mean, you'd have no way of knowing..."

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Hey, should have been reading the Hawk's board as they were on their way to losing their first game in regulation this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad