Their ship is sinking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't understand their Kessel hate all the time though. I mean, if they would actually surround him with some legitimate talent they might actually be able to see what he could do. He's a one shot scorer with blinding speed. Sure he's soft, but he's paid to put the puck in the net and there aren't many better than him at that in the entire NHL.

Trade him to Montreal if that's what you really want and let's see what he could do with a guy like Galchenyuk feeding him pucks.

Pretty much what it comes down to. Great talent but they expect him to be a two-way force, he just isn't...doesn't mean he's not a useful player.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't understand their Kessel hate all the time though. I mean, if they would actually surround him with some legitimate talent they might actually be able to see what he could do. He's a one shot scorer with blinding speed. Sure he's soft, but he's paid to put the puck in the net and there aren't many better than him at that in the entire NHL.

Trade him to Montreal if that's what you really want and let's see what he could do with a guy like Galchenyuk feeding him pucks.

We see the same on our board after wins!!!

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Reading the Leafs board..TRADE..Kessel the bum and trade Phaneuf...geez at least we're not that bad..are we? lol

:sarcasm:

That's what hockey fans do. Even if your team is kicking butt, fans still do it.

Always best to wait until the ship has sunk before declaring that it's sinking. Bruins forum looked a lot like that when we were up two games on them in the first round two years ago.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Pretty much what it comes down to. Great talent but they expect him to be a two-way force, he just isn't...doesn't mean he's not a useful player.

It only get's magnified when they play against the Bruins because Chara seems to have a personal vendetta in that he must not allow Kessel to have a good game against them, ever.

Simply put, the guy is not a franchise player. He is the type who takes advantage of room his linemates give him and capitalizes at an elite rate. Problem with that is most teams know he is the straw that stirs the drink when playing with JVR and Bozak. Pretty easy to shut that down when the other two can't do jack without Kessel giftwrapping to for them.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
We see the same on our board after wins!!!

I've usually found that Montreal fans (with some notable exceptions) are much more forgiving. Once Leaf fans get an idea in their head it stays. Just ask Larry Murphy.

You can go from goat to hero in MTL with a big performance. People's perception can change and evolve for better. Toronto doesn't really allow that. It's gonna happen with Kadri one day too.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
It only get's magnified when they play against the Bruins because Chara seems to have a personal vendetta in that he must not allow Kessel to have a good game against them, ever.

Simply put, the guy is not a franchise player. He is the type who takes advantage of room his linemates give him and capitalizes at an elite rate. Problem with that is most teams know he is the straw that stirs the drink when playing with JVR and Bozak. Pretty easy to shut that down when the other two can't do jack without Kessel giftwrapping to for them.
kinda seems like a Cammy to me,,I dunno bad comparison?

Habtchum*

Why don't we care about our own board ? Like finding ways to bash DD or Price.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
kinda seems like a Cammy to me,,I dunno bad comparison?

I wouldn't say it is a bad comparison, in that they are both triggermen, but a little off. Kessel is a good deal faster than Cammy ever was, Cammy probably is a better stickhandler. Other than that they both have underrated playmaking skills and an ability to unleash a laser of a shot in a seconds notice.

But neither is a franchise guy. Kessel get's painted as one in TO because he is their only legitimate scoring threat. He need's good players to succeed. More of an elite complementary player than anything. But among the elitest of the elite.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
I wouldn't say it is a bad comparison, in that they are both triggermen, but a little off. Kessel is a good deal faster than Cammy ever was, Cammy probably is a better stickhandler. Other than that they both have underrated playmaking skills and an ability to unleash a laser of a shot in a seconds notice.

But neither is a franchise guy. Kessel get's painted as one in TO because he is their only legitimate scoring threat. He need's good players to succeed. More of an elite complementary player than anything. But among the elitest of the elite.
Fair enough so if it came down to it would you take Kessel over Cammy?

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Fair enough so if it came down to it would you take Kessel over Cammy?

From today going forward? In a heartbeat. There aren't many guys in the league who can score 30 nowadays, let alone who can do it consistently. Combine that with the fact that he has never had anyone other than Tyler Bozak as his center for most of the time in Toronto and it is an easy choice. Cammy looks like the injuries have caught up to him a little bit. He's still a good player, but I am a firm believer that if Kessel ever had a guy like Getzlaf or Thornton centering him, we would be talking about a 50 goal scorer.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

Well that and because of the stupid trade they got him in. They try and rationalize that they didn't get fleeced.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Been here in Oakville.very close to Toronto all my life..and if you wanna place for beers and a Habs game...welcome while you're still here

Thanks for the invite! I've been in Ontario for ~10years now for undergrad (kingston) and grad school (Waterloo). Many many years of being a Habs fan here and it's been a ton of fun. Every Hab fan should get the chance to feel what it's like to live amongst these...creatures. When you're the guy on the ice with the Habs socks (playing rec), surrounded by leaf fans...super fun to show them who's boss. Then again, your own friends are leaf fans and that just leads to you questioning why they are otherwise intelligent individuals.

Habs fans always welcome at my place too! (Well, the positive ones, at least...I like cheering for Les Boys) :cheers:

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
No, can we close it?:help:
you can always click ignore can you not or do you really NEED to come into it and whine that it exists. You've been on this forum to know better than to do this haven't you? Or lemme guess because I posted what I did right here right now you're going to come up with some smart @ssed retort just to bump up you post count and put me down somehow. Click ignore on every count and all will be glorious in your world...deal?

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Well that and because of the stupid trade they got him in. They try and rationalize that they didn't get fleeced.
I'd say they did considering their draft pic got 3 point against them last night ...lol I love it!
I live close to Toronto so trust me as a bona fide Habs fan living here it's seriously sweet. plus my brother is a photographer for the Gazette and I'm sure he's loving it just as much as I am :)

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Thanks for the invite! I've been in Ontario for ~10years now for undergrad (kingston) and grad school (Waterloo). Many many years of being a Habs fan here and it's been a ton of fun. Every Hab fan should get the chance to feel what it's like to live amongst these...creatures. When you're the guy on the ice with the Habs socks (playing rec), surrounded by leaf fans...super fun to show them who's boss. Then again, your own friends are leaf fans and that just leads to you questioning why they are otherwise intelligent individuals.

Habs fans always welcome at my place too! (Well, the positive ones, at least...I like cheering for Les Boys) :cheers:
Sweet! and very true plus you're welcome..if you ever get close to my leaf infested town shoot me a pm

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

because he is completly one dimensional if he doesn't score he actually hurts your team, refuses to play defense or even skate hard in his own end and he shoots from everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad