Their ship is sinking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Read the Price thread?

And then realize that no GM would ever trade Price for a Phaneuf + Kessel package.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I acknowledge Kessel's talent, but I would never be interested in having him on my team. Don't like his overall game.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
I'll take Kessel for a 2nd and Dion for another 2nd lol why not...I'm sure we could put them somewhere in the bottom pairing in the line up lol

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Their ship isn't sinking they're sitting comfortably in 5th with 30 points, it's just a knee jerk reaction by fans, we do the same all the time.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
I still think they make the playoffs. With a shortened season they may not have time for their late season collapse.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Leafs and their fans (and I am at least for a few more weeks living in the TO area) have been having a collective orgasm and you know what? It's sadly deserved. They have really turned their team around and I will be shocked if they finish lower than 6th. They've at least earned my respect in terms of being able to win games and what they are compared to last year (and the ages before).

Didn't they think that they might lose to Boston? Seems strange that they're overreacting. Shame on them for making our board look sane.

BTW, if you were a Nucks fan, wouldn't you be unimpressed with your season and your goalies (both supposedly #1 and one considered elite)?

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
I still think they make the playoffs. With a shortened season they may not have time for their late season collapse.
agreed, there is no doubt about it they're playing well for Carlyle and deserve to be where they are. I'm not putting their team down at all but to be honest I think if at any time this could be their year to make the playoffs as the leafs usually start off quite well and plan their parade within the 1st 40 games then it all goes downhill from there.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
Leafs and their fans (and I am at least for a few more weeks living in the TO area) have been having a collective orgasm and you know what? It's sadly deserved. They have really turned their team around and I will be shocked if they finish lower than 6th. They've at least earned my respect in terms of being able to win games and what they are compared to last year (and the ages before).

Didn't they think that they might lose to Boston? Seems strange that they're overreacting. Shame on them for making our board look sane.

BTW, if you were a Nucks fan, wouldn't you be unimpressed with your season and your goalies (both supposedly #1 and one considered elite)?
Been here in Oakville.very close to Toronto all my life..and if you wanna place for beers and a Habs game...welcome while you're still here

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
I don't understand their Kessel hate all the time though. I mean, if they would actually surround him with some legitimate talent they might actually be able to see what he could do. He's a one shot scorer with blinding speed. Sure he's soft, but he's paid to put the puck in the net and there aren't many better than him at that in the entire NHL.

Trade him to Montreal if that's what you really want and let's see what he could do with a guy like Galchenyuk feeding him pucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad