The Yzerplan

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Who cares the Hawks cap out get cups then dump and retool! It's about getting what's puts us over the top.

The Hawks don't really bring in free agents, they fill from within. Richards was signed for cheap and one year, that's the deals we need. We went to the finals and maybe if healthy could've won it all. The team doesn't need a retool just a small upgrade on a few spots in which we have internal replacements.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Who cares the Hawks cap out get cups then dump and retool! It's about getting what's puts us over the top.

exactly 100 % in agreement we can shed people as needed thats not hard when they have value

is all about a second cup run then a third fourth fifth etc..

to hose why??

cause kids hurt your team veteran teams win cups is a reason for that and its d first sure we have guys who can play and help on more offense but d first guys are limited in the minors right now and we would need some paquette types over a jam or some of the others we dont need a ton of scoring wingers we need solid guys playing 200 foot games veterans are usually those types also

i dont like our d pairings and putting up slater or witkowski and moving carle is just stupid to me if we can upgrade jt brown and have more deeper scoring and the same d play and if we can add a defender to have a deeper balance and place everyone at their talent level we will be a better team

carle i want gone think hes lost confidence not sure can find it so having him paired with nestea or sustr is gonna drive me nutts i want a guy I can count on all the time hoping a guy good enough to move up to hedmans line move stralman down so helps gary
and put coburn at five with a kid at six and a bench kid at seven

i am 100% for running 8 d on this team next year but cant have 4 rookies basically doesnt work we witnessed it all who watched we need an upgrade to carle if it was carle that was serviceable i say keep him another year the guy after the injury I cant see being a plus for us at all he could carry no one and we need that guy who can carry someone so that the d fast guys skilled guys can pinch and be a major role on offense is simple to me i think if we did a poll this is why most people want suckstar and carle gone

i dont mind sustr but know we need a guy to carry him a bit we can win cups now maybe is early but slater is not ready hell nestea aint truly ready witkowski is ok but slow and no offense tony d is a long ways away

we got to open up for our defenders the right fit the right piece is needed otherwise we could have a repeat and that sucks if your this close

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
exactly 100 % in agreement we can shed people as needed thats not hard when they have value

is all about a second cup run then a third fourth fifth etc..

to hose why??

cause kids hurt your team veteran teams win cups is a reason for that and its d first sure we have guys who can play and help on more offense but d first guys are limited in the minors right now and we would need some paquette types over a jam or some of the others we dont need a ton of scoring wingers we need solid guys playing 200 foot games veterans are usually those types also

i dont like our d pairings and putting up slater or witkowski and moving carle is just stupid to me if we can upgrade jt brown and have more deeper scoring and the same d play and if we can add a defender to have a deeper balance and place everyone at their talent level we will be a better team

carle i want gone think hes lost confidence not sure can find it so having him paired with nestea or sustr is gonna drive me nutts i want a guy I can count on all the time hoping a guy good enough to move up to hedmans line move stralman down so helps gary
and put coburn at five with a kid at six and a bench kid at seven

i am 100% for running 8 d on this team next year but cant have 4 rookies basically doesnt work we witnessed it all who watched we need an upgrade to carle if it was carle that was serviceable i say keep him another year the guy after the injury I cant see being a plus for us at all he could carry no one and we need that guy who can carry someone so that the d fast guys skilled guys can pinch and be a major role on offense is simple to me i think if we did a poll this is why most people want suckstar and carle gone

i dont mind sustr but know we need a guy to carry him a bit we can win cups now maybe is early but slater is not ready hell nestea aint truly ready witkowski is ok but slow and no offense tony d is a long ways away

we got to open up for our defenders the right fit the right piece is needed otherwise we could have a repeat and that sucks if your this close

Kids don't hurt your team, coaches who won't play them to gain experience do. There was plenty of times when we kept throwing out veterans who weren't doing crap and having kids sit on the bench and get 5 minutes. They may not have played any better but getting experience could've helped in later rounds.

I wouldn't have Slater or Luke take his spot, that's for Nesterov if he can handle it. Slater is in the A and Luke is #7. Our top 4 is fine, Coburn with a full training camp will be much better next year.

The point of moving Carle is for cap space, sure upgrading him would make the team better but unless that player is young and can grow with the team we don't need anymore stop gaps, especially if they're expensive.

I only see two rookies on D, Nesterov and Witkowski. 4 vets, Sustr and maybe another vet on a cheap one year deal who doesn't mind splitting time with Nesterov. There's plenty of cheap 6/7 LD's in free agency. If anything we trade for one during the season.

The reason we lost in the finals wasn't on the defense, the forwards forgot how to score, everyone dried up that series. The D held their own, if not for going into a shell in game 1 and Bishops blunders in game 5 it's a different series.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Kids don't hurt your team, coaches who won't play them to gain experience do. There was plenty of times when we kept throwing out veterans who weren't doing crap and having kids sit on the bench and get 5 minutes. They may not have played any better but getting experience could've helped in later rounds.

I wouldn't have Slater or Luke take his spot, that's for Nesterov if he can handle it. Slater is in the A and Luke is #7. Our top 4 is fine, Coburn with a full training camp will be much better next year.

The point of moving Carle is for cap space, sure upgrading him would make the team better but unless that player is young and can grow with the team we don't need anymore stop gaps, especially if they're expensive.

I only see two rookies on D, Nesterov and Witkowski. 4 vets, Sustr and maybe another vet on a cheap one year deal who doesn't mind splitting time with Nesterov. There's plenty of cheap 6/7 LD's in free agency. If anything we trade for one during the season.

The reason we lost in the finals wasn't on the defense, the forwards forgot how to score, everyone dried up that series. The D held their own, if not for going into a shell in game 1 and Bishops blunders in game 5 it's a different series.

I think you miss the point we have long term solution guys in the system koekkoek is not ready yet. Nestorov is not ready Anthony d is years away. Look what the Hawks do bring in vets they need aka Richards, Oduya, timonen win a cup. Then cap hits them ok so time to trade sharp and trade or buyout bickell. Then repeat the cycle for another cup core does not change. There core is toews, Kane, Hossa, saad, seabrook, Keith, hjalmarsson and Crawford. You can't tell me yzerman can't see how close we are he knows what he needs to do! Cap does not matter you can always make room Hawks had to do that after 2010 then won again in 2013 and 2015. It's a cycle you just keep repeating it.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Secondly, from what I read, if there's one goalie that needs more seasoning in the A, it's Kristers, lots of talent but still raw, the kid could become a late bloomer though and that's fine.
I'm trying my best but I can't find the logic behind signing another goalie or call-up Kristers instead of giving Vasy 30-35 starts.

Yes, he definitely needs more seasoning. He hadn't even had a real goalie coach until coming to North America not even 2 years ago. His development is significantly behind the curve of a player like Vasy, who has been a top prospect for years. I don't think Kristers would be as bad a backup as some folks seem to be fearing. Of course, I am biased.

I don't blame everything that happened to the Crunch on him. He needs to improve his consistency and his ability to stay in the game once he gives up a goal. That's true of a lot of the team, though.

It's really a matter of who we want to get the starts in Syracuse. The future #1 or the future backup/trade bait?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think you miss the point we have long term solution guys in the system koekkoek is not ready yet. Nestorov is not ready Anthony d is years away. Look what the Hawks do bring in vets they need aka Richards, Oduya, timonen win a cup. Then cap hits them ok so time to trade sharp and trade or buyout bickell. Then repeat the cycle for another cup core does not change. There core is toews, Kane, Hossa, saad, seabrook, Keith, hjalmarsson and Crawford. You can't tell me yzerman can't see how close we are he knows what he needs to do! Cap does not matter you can always make room Hawks had to do that after 2010 then won again in 2013 and 2015. It's a cycle you just keep repeating it.

According to everyone on here Nesterov is more than ready to play.

All the core players you mentioned besides Hossa are homegrown, you let your kids take the open spots. Oduya and Timonen were deadline day deals for picks and both were soon to be UFA, Oduya was signed long-term.

The cap does matter, look at all the key pieces they've had to trade to get under it. Sure they have enough young talent to reload but they could've won more if they managed it better. Look at Boston they practically gave away Boychuk last year. Sure we could dump players all the time for no value but then we don't recoup picks needed to pick up players down the line. Trading Carle for scraps, then letting Coburn walk after you gave up a ton just so you can sign another 30+ vet is dumb.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'd rather have the points needed to make the playoffs than have the most points in the league.

Well I hope we get our home ice advantage back at least (and do better with it next time). Also it'd be nice to wrap up a spot early and rest guys, evaluate prospects, etc. Don't need a Presidents Trophy but it's nice to be comfortable in the standings.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
According to everyone on here Nesterov is more than ready to play.

All the core players you mentioned besides Hossa are homegrown, you let your kids take the open spots. Oduya and Timonen were deadline day deals for picks and both were soon to be UFA, Oduya was signed long-term.

The cap does matter, look at all the key pieces they've had to trade to get under it. Sure they have enough young talent to reload but they could've won more if they managed it better. Look at Boston they practically gave away Boychuk last year. Sure we could dump players all the time for no value but then we don't recoup picks needed to pick up players down the line. Trading Carle for scraps, then letting Coburn walk after you gave up a ton just so you can sign another 30+ vet is dumb.
ya but boston played in two finals won one lost one hawks won three cups we are 0-1. if we don't upgrade carle and morrow we don't get close to the finals again next year. just saying hawks have mastered the system proven they can always get back and win it! no matter the roster turnover.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If we don't dump Carle this offseason, it will probably be around trade deadline we ship him off. Yzerman will find another vet for the 3rd or 4th line. Morrow was a good grinder but far too slow for this teams speed and had no finish.

BrianBolt

Jun 6, 2015
Tampa, FL
Just to step back and look at the big picture: How nice is it that all we have to worry about is our 3rd D pairing, and what to do with an excess of quality goalies and forwards? A lot of other teams would love to be in our shoes with this much young AND SIGNED talent.

As for my thoughts, I would love to move Carle if at all possible. I heard the Ohlund salary is finally gone next year also, and if that's the case, how much of a savings is that? I think Nesterov will be a regular on the 3rd pairing. Like many here I was disgusted with the way Sustr played in the playoffs but seeing as he's only 24 years old, I wonder if he may blossom into something more. I don't see him turning into a Hedman, but we're only looking for a guy to eat up some minutes on that lower pairing so he may be serviceable for that role in the future. Interesting to see what happens at training camp with these young D players. I'm hoping someone steps up.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Back to back SCF appearances is such a tough task to accomplish but how do you feel when anything but winning the Cup next year could be seen as a disappointment ?

The positive thing is our young players gained an awful lot of experience and it's priceless. With hindsight I think we start with the same defense next year (minus Carle please Stevie). Sustr will likely start again in the top 6, the coaching staff probably expects him to take another step in the off-season and I wouldn't complain if he became just a tad more reliable defensively. Witkowski was a very pleasant surprise once called up too and could give AS a run for his money. In the event that Carle gets traded, the last spot on the D will be decided in training camp IMO. Nesterov looks ahead at the moment but at their age nothing is written in stone, the whole preparation in the offseason is absolutely crucial to make an impression in training camp and most likely to be off to a good start in the season. If Nesterov takes a spot in Tampa for granted, he will be in for a bad surprise.

Now the wait begins....

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Back to back SCF appearances is such a tough task to accomplish but how do you feel when anything but winning the Cup next year could be seen as a disappointment ?

The positive thing is our young players gained an awful lot of experience and it's priceless. With hindsight I think we start with the same defense next year (minus Carle please Stevie). Sustr will likely start again in the top 6, the coaching staff probably expects him to take another step in the off-season and I wouldn't complain if he became just a tad more reliable defensively. Witkowski was a very pleasant surprise once called up too and could give AS a run for his money. In the event that Carle gets traded, the last spot on the D will be decided in training camp IMO. Nesterov looks ahead at the moment but at their age nothing is written in stone, the whole preparation in the offseason is absolutely crucial to make an impression in training camp and most likely to be off to a good start in the season. If Nesterov takes a spot in Tampa for granted, he will be in for a bad surprise.

Now the wait begins....
im in minority probably but nestea to me is not ready and dont mind sustr to take some time from him at this point if had the right d ok but is not like can run sustr and nestea lol

Yzlamic Preacher*

Guys I have already selected the nickname for DeAngelo. Anthony DeAngelgoal. You're welcome.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm hoping DeAngelo is a Tony, not an Anthony, because Anthony is such a terrible name and I don't advise anyone named it to actually go by it. If you must, use some different language's equivalent of it. I mean, Anton is the Swedish equivalent, and it is a much better version.

Definitely going to call him Tony for shorthand once he's up with the big club too.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Seems like it's also Anton like the Scandinavian version. The "occidental" version of Anatoli is Anatole, I don't believe it's Anthony.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
ya but boston played in two finals won one lost one hawks won three cups we are 0-1. if we don't upgrade carle and morrow we don't get close to the finals again next year. just saying hawks have mastered the system proven they can always get back and win it! no matter the roster turnover.

Morrows gone, I can almost guarantee it. We have plenty of guys who can use the roster spot. We are going to see some trades probably a year from now, but I think most of this roster stays together this year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
http://www.tsn.ca/off-season-game-plan-tampa-bay-lightning-1.312656

decent article on facebook that todd put up yesterday an ok read to me

ya I like everything about it but carle coming back! i'd understand if yzerman stuck with his forward group but I'd like to trade for a top four defenseman. Brad Richards would be nice I just think a vet like him would be a great add for kids we have. I'd just like to see brad around our guys like drouin, Johnson, palat, kucherov and vladdy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad