Post-Game Talk: The worst game they’ve played in over two months

Who would you start in Game 4?

• Total voters

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Teams tend to be a little better calibre in the playoffs.

Whoa, cowboy, pull the reins back a bit. They had a bad game. Everyone on the team looked bad. Ekholm had the same issues. Woodcroft and the team looked like aces on Saturday night. Did he get stupid in 2 days? Looked to me liked they all had heavy boots.

Sure- teams do- how does that impact the goalie position? He still has to save the shots coming at him. Playoff Campbell has better numbers than playoff Skinner.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Sure- teams do- how does that impact the goalie position? He still has to save the shots coming at him. Playoff Campbell has better numbers than playoff Skinner.

Skinner hasn't had the benefit of coming into games where the other team is already up three goals and are playing to protect their lead.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that people watched Campbell play this season and believe he is a legitimate option to start games in the playoffs.

Reactions: sepHF

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Campbell has only appeared in a relief role. He's done his job when he's been called on in that capacity. Starting a game is different. Adin Hill looked like a superstar last game. Skinner has had his issues, but I still feel better with him in net.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Skinner hasn't had the benefit of coming into games where the other team is already up three goals and are playing to protect their lead.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that people watched Campbell play this season and believe he is a legitimate option to start games in the playoffs.

Now we are at the point of using the other team being ahead as a reason of not playing a goalie? Skinner is playing like regular season Campbell my man.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Campbell has only appeared in a relief role. He's done his job when he's been called on in that capacity. Starting a game is different. Adin Hill looked like a superstar last game. Skinner has had his issues, but I still feel better with him in net.

How is it different? Lol. Please explain this fallacy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
In fairness Skinner is seeing sods like Stone trying to buy a goal and hack the puck through pads. The only considerably dangerous player he's facing is Eichel.

Vegas run into scoring difficulties and its always how they exit playoffs. Stone is a non factor in this series, Smith is nothing and hasn't scored all playoffs. Karlsson is years past being a legit scorer.

Knights only had 3 20something scorers this season (and none above that) and one of those is Smith who is MIA.

Without obtaining guys like Barbashev and Stephenson having an out of body scoring playoffs the Knights are hooped when it comes to scoring.

I wouldn't want to be a goalie facing the Oilers on the other hand.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
In fairness Skinner is seeing sods like Stone trying to buy a goal and hack the puck through pads. The only considerably dangerous player he's facing is Eichel.

Vegas run into scoring difficulties and its always how they exit playoffs. Stone is a non factor in this series, Smith is nothing and hasn't scored all playoffs. Karlsson is years past being a legit scorer.

Knights only had 3 20something scorers this season (and none above that) and one of those is Smith who is MIA.

Without obtaining guys like Barbashev and Stephenson having an out of body scoring playoffs the Knights are hooped when it comes to scoring.

I wouldn't want to be a goalie facing the Oilers on the other hand.
Vegas finished first in the division for a reason.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Vegas finished first in the division for a reason.
Solid D and defensive play. Thats what get them first. They're middle of the pack in scoring, and of the type that usually have more difficulty scoring in playoffs when checking is tighter.

Vegas didn't have a legit scoring chance most of first period and didn't have many in first two periods. Vegas always succumb to scoring problems in the series they have lost. Other than Barbashev its the same lineup. If Vegas gets 5 goals in a game its loose coverage that has a lot to do with that.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I already explained it to you in my post. Try to follow along. I'm afraid I can't dumb it down for you anymore.:laugh:
You didn’t explain it. None of what you said was valid. It’s purely based on who made you more comfortable. Essentially, your reasoning was moronic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad