The World Cup of Hockey

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Halak MVP if Europe wins.

I don't think he's very good (overall, not saying he hasn't been good in this tournament), but I still think it's hilarious that some Islanders fans (even 20%-25% was way TOO many) wanted him gone and Greiss to be the starter.

Greiss hasn't been anything better than an average career backup with the exception of last season and he's already 30 years old. Greiss is also on Team Europe and hasn't even made contact with the ice during game time in the non-exhibition part of this tournament.

The small but vocal minority of the ''Greiss can be a starter'' populous, makes about as much sense to me as the Wedgewood love after his one year of being good.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I don't think he's very good (overall, not saying he hasn't been good in this tournament), but I still think it's hilarious that some Islanders fans (even 20%-25% was way TOO many) wanted him gone and Greiss to be the starter.

Greiss hasn't been anything better than an average career backup with the exception of last season and he's already 30 years old. Greiss is also on Team Europe and hasn't even made contact with the ice during game time in the non-exhibition part of this tournament.

The small but vocal minority of the ''Greiss can be a starter'' populous, makes about as much sense to me as the Wedgewood love after his one year of being good.

Greiss against Florida in last year's playoffs . He looked like Hasek out there.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Greiss against Florida in last year's playoffs . He looked like Hasek out there.:laugh:

And then he looked like a scrub against TB, regressing back to what he really was. I've never been a big believer in Thomas Greiss, not when he was on the Sharks. He wasn't completely awful like the last two years of Alex Stalock or the year of Nittymaki, but there were one or two Sharks fans that regretted trading a 1st for Jones and thought they should have actually just kept Greiss. Despite Greiss not having the ceiling of Jones and last year was his first season where he had a year as good as Jones and he still only played half their regular season games. I think Greiss belongs in the category with Montoya, Johnson and Enroth, in that they're backups, whose play fluctuates from year to year. They aren't consistent from year to year. They can be anywhere from bad to average to good from year to year. Then you got that scrub Gustavsson who is bad EVERY year, yet manages to still say in the league. How, I don't know.

I think James Reimer is also like this, although I do think Reimer has a higher ceiling than any of those guys.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Gonna blow my head off if Weekes says Scorey Perry one more time...

This isn't a highlight show and even then its not funny. :facepalm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gonna blow my head off if Weekes says Scorey Perry one more time...

This isn't a highlight show and even then its not funny. :facepalm:

What's really bad is that he's calling him Scorey Perry just in casual calling of the game. Not even when he's raving about him.

I've heard him say something like ''He passes it to Scorey Perry'' at least twice.:laugh:

They already jinxed Halak before the game. ''He might need a shutout to win this one'' before the game even started, Steve Levy said it.

Meh

I figured they were in trouble if it was still just 1-0 late in regulation, now Europe hits the post on a late PP. They'll be on the PP for the rest of the regulation.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bring out the ugly blender looking cup.

Seriously Europe? Can't even hold on for OT and when you're on the PP?:shakehead

That's game.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Bring out the ugly blender looking cup.

Seriously Europe? Can't even hold on for OT and when you're on the PP?:shakehead

That's game.

World class play by Towes and perfect shot by Marchand after Europe was robbed by a post and Price twice on that PP. It's not meant to be. Nice try by Europe though.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Feel bad for Halak. Had no goal support but was solid throughout the tournament. When he is on hes a good goalie. Too bad he can't do that consistently throughout his career.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
While I think this tournament lacked any sort of interest to anyone except the real hockey fans, I think we can all agree on two things.. Chara blows and Canada is unfair in a hockey tournament lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
World class play by Towes and perfect shot by Marchand after Europe was robbed by a post and Price twice on that PP. It's not meant to be. Nice try by Europe though.
I expected Canada to win it all, but wanted to see Europe win one game.
Feel bad for Halak. Had no goal support but was solid throughout the tournament. When he is on hes a good goalie. Too bad he can't do that consistently throughout his career.
It reminded me of a Devils game with Cory, it was way too reminiscent of that stupid game against Colorado from 3 years ago.

The one where we hit 5 posts on the Gigyear Blimp and only had one goal and were up 1-0 late. Then Harrold and CBGB got caught out on the ice with 3 minutes left and Roy pulled the goalie and they tied it. Then won in OT.

Only I don't think Europe hit many posts tonight. Just that late one, maybe another one earlier on.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh

It's like they automatically are giving these MVP awards to Crosby, just because he's the best player in the world.

Like that Conn Smythe Trophy last year and now the MVP of this tournament.

Not saying he didn't deserve either, just that I thought maybe he shouldn't have been the first in line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad