The World Cup of Hockey

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I like John Buccigross as an analyst because he's one of the few who cares about hockey at ESPN and you can tell how much he really does love the game. That said, he's an awful commentator.

I also don't understand why the crowd noise is so drowned out.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I like John Buccigross as an analyst because he's one of the few who cares about hockey at ESPN and you can tell how much he really does love the game. That said, he's an awful commentator.

I also don't understand why the crowd noise is so drowned out.

Bucci tries to call the game like a high school kid with all his cliches and it gets old fast.

Plus Weeke's sounds too much like a TV analyst rather than a color commentator at times. He's great on NHL network, but it seems as though mid-game he's just rambling often.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The Russians near the end of the third have 15 shots on goal. To 32 for the Czechs. 15!

Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov... 15!?

That's a ****ing disgrace.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Russians near the end of the third have 15 shots on goal. To 32 for the Czechs. 15!

Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov... 15!?

That's a ****ing disgrace.

Well, 2 things. 1. It shouldn't surprise you and 2. If any team is gonna play a game like it's an exhibition game, it's Russia. They play like that in meaningful games. No way they are going all out in a meaningless game.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I'm actually pretty surprised how hard the players are going. Watching the prelim game between USA and Canada you would have thought it was a playoff game. As long as no one gets hurt, I don't mind it. Hockey is hockey.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Well, 2 things. 1. It shouldn't surprise you and 2. If any team is gonna play a game like it's an exhibition game, it's Russia. They play like that in meaningful games. No way they are going all out in a meaningless game.

I hope their coaches aren't that cynical. That performance was unacceptable.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
Bucci tries to call the game like a high school kid with all his cliches and it gets old fast.

THIS!! It's absolutely cringeworthy

Plus Weeke's sounds too much like a TV analyst rather than a color commentator at times. He's great on NHL network, but it seems as though mid-game he's just rambling often.

I think he's ok. Gotta be hard to work next to someone like Bucci who's hard to read where they're going with the call. JMO

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm streaming on my phone

Some real home cooking in this one, quite literally. That last call was *********!

2-0 Canada, this is what it should have looked like last night.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Well, Quick will definitely be getting the starting job.

Also, Team USA got its one win against Canada. Probably peaked too soon.

Penalty parade is proof Torts is coaching.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well, Quick will definitely be getting the starting job.

Also, Team USA got its one win against Canada. Probably peaked too soon.

Penalty parade is proof Torts is coaching.

Didn't wanna laugh at the post about our team being built like a cup winner, but it sure doesn't look nearly close. Not even last night.

Cory might get the hook after this. I think Cory should have had that one, but they're still being badly outplayed. Jack Johnson looking like the mediocre and overrated defenseman that he is.

This team smells like David ''I have been a GM non-stop in the NHL since 1982 and have never been to a cup final, but I did build a conference finalist in 1989-1990'' Poile, lover of all things grinders, had a HUGE hand in picking this team. Even though Lombardi is the GM. I swear Poile was given huge input.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Didn't wanna laugh at the post about our team being built like a cup winner, but it sure doesn't look nearly close. Not even last night.

Cory might get the hook after this. I think Cory should have had that one, but they're still being badly outplayed. Jack Johnson looking like the mediocre and overrated defenseman that he is.

This team smells like David ''I have been a GM non-stop in the NHL since 1982 and have never been to a cup final, but I did build a conference finalist in 1989-1990'' Poile, lover of all things grinders, had a HUGE hand in picking this team. Even though Lombardi is the GM. I swear Poile was given huge input.

It's been a rough game all around for Team USA (too many penalties, and Cory will want that last goal back), and you know my feelings about the roster aren't exactly glowing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad