The World Cup Brazil 2014! Part 2. Germany are the World Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Gonna be a lot tougher for brasil to win it all now, that's some bum luck in your home tournament

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
What a ****show that game was. Felt like at times they were more interested in slamming into one another than putting the ball in the back of the net.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
What a ****show that game was. Felt like at times they were more interested in slamming into one another than putting the ball in the back of the net.

The La Liga ref really failed.

Brazil will be without its captain and the wonderkid. It's Germany's to lose.

LolClarkson*

Here we go.

Now RVP, no tugging on jerseys or stupid moves. Don't play with fire.

LolClarkson*

3 solid chances by the Dutch. CR keeper keeping them in it thus far

mavstar

No expectations
Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
As a casual soccer fan, I found that round incredibly boring, nothing but 1-0 games. Hopefully the next 3 games are more entertaining.

Cupless

Aug 26, 2005
As a casual soccer fan, I found that round incredibly boring, nothing but 1-0 games. Hopefully the next 3 games are more entertaining.

Also a casual. I think what we're seeing is the equivalent of playoff hockey, where everyone is terrified of making a mistake.

In the NED - CRC game, it was clear that CRC just wanted to get to penalty kicks. They weren't aggressive on offense at all. I think they knew they were getting outplayed, and penalty kicks were their best chance to win.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Thank god the Netherlands won that. Props to Costa Rica for putting up a good fight, but man did the Oranje miss a lot of chances.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Thank god the Netherlands won that. Props to Costa Rica for putting up a good fight, but man did the Oranje miss a lot of chances.

They played the rope-a-dope style for about 15 minutes too long so by the time they decided to attack, too much time had gone by

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Rope a dope but with lots of possession

Well yea exactly lol. Like they just sat back with the ball and waited for Costa Rica to start flipping out and make rushed mistakes. I think they waited too long to attack though. They waited til about the 75th to actually start pressing for a goal. I have to say, Van Gaal is a damn genius for that goalie swap.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Well yea exactly lol. Like they just sat back with the ball and waited for Costa Rica to start flipping out and make rushed mistakes. I think they waited too long to attack though. They waited til about the 75th to actually start pressing for a goal. I have to say, Van Gaal is a damn genius for that goalie swap.

Yes, apparently he told Krul he might send him in but did NOT tell Cliejessen(?). I wonder if he'll do it again if there are future penalties.

That was Jens Lehmann-like mind games.

LolClarkson*

Yes, apparently he told Krul he might send him in but did NOT tell Cliejessen(?). I wonder if he'll do it again if there are future penalties.

That was Jens Lehmann-like mind games.

Krul yelled at the shooters "I know what your plan is" before he got in position too. Mind games alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig