Speculation: The Wings Pick at 4th: The Runner-Up

Who Is Your Second Choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
drysdale or perfetti . drysdale an amazing skater . perfetti an amazing hockey iq with great hands and shot . if he can play center in the nhl he might be a #1C . and drysdale could be a #1D

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
- HEDMAN
- SERGACHEV
- MCDONAH
- CERNAK

* more big dmen are on the way to this roster , and im betting yzerman is very high on guhle and would use a mid 1st round pick on him if he can attain one in a cap dump trade . guhle / hronek is a dream 2nd pairing , hronek can jump up 24/7 while with guhles wheels he can always cover for him = hroneks numbers increase . and in our end both players scrappy . if you draft drysdale with the 4th to play with seider our d is rebuilt / . then draft forwards in 2nd n 3rd .

* dont listen to me im in draft delay shock and just ranting
Just an FYI but that Scouching guy had Kaden Guhle ranked after 30.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
drysdale or perfetti . drysdale an amazing skater . perfetti an amazing hockey iq with great hands and shot . if he can play center in the nhl he might be a #1C . and drysdale could be a #1D

Perfetti gets it for me due to his dynamism; even if he can't hack it as a Datsyuk-lite C, there's a potential Patty Kane-lite W to be had as well.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Just an FYI but that Scouching guy had Kaden Guhle ranked after 30.

Scouching has Guhle & Schneider at 38 and 39. Very good defensively but there is not a lot of upside offensively. Both of them are very projectable players but with limited ceiling. Save picks.

He rates Jurmo and Niemela higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Scouching has Guhle & Schneider at 38 and 39. Very good defensively but there is not a lot of upside offensively. Both of them are very projectable players but with limited ceiling. Same picks.

He rates Jurmo and Niemela higher.
I want to snag Jurmo somewhere in this draft. I like his traits: big, quick, puck moving defensemen who can bring an offensive game, but is still working on the defensive side. Slightly physical but nothing crazy.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Pronman's Final Mock just released
NHL Mock Draft 2020: Corey Pronman's final projection of the first round

(LaFreniere-Stuzle-Byfield 1-2-3)

4. Detroit Red Wings: Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw-OHL

Most arrows in recent months have seemed to be pointing in the direction of Perfetti as the pick here, but I do know some sources around the league who think the Wings will take Swedish forward Lucas Raymond and some who think they will take Russian goalie Yaroslav Askarov. I don’t think Perfetti would last long if he wasn’t the pick at No. 4, but I could see him go in the latter half of the top 10 if he doesn’t go to Detroit.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Hoping it's Perfetti or Raymond.

Will be somewhat disappointed if its Rossi or Sanderson but will get over it before long.

Will be more disappointed if it's Drysdale or anyone else. Drysdale is a fantastic skater.....just don't have him above the forwards and Sanderson.

If it's Askarov I'll scream and just repeat to myself Yzerman knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I still don't really know who I want.

Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale would all be guys I'd be fine with and could get excited about. Sanderson and Askarov certainly aren't my top choices but I'd get behind it before too long.

I'm still holding out some small shred of hope that the top 3 doesn't go as planned, but that seems extremely unlikely at this point.

Reactions: SirloinUB

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I still don't really know who I want.

Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale would all be guys I'd be fine with and could get excited about. Sanderson and Askarov certainly aren't my top choices but I'd get behind it before too long.

I'm still holding out some small shred of hope that the top 3 doesn't go as planned, but that seems extremely unlikely at this point.
Very possible the best player from this draft going to be outside top 3. Yzerman already knows who is it going to be . Hope we get the guy

SergeiYzerman

Oct 9, 2018
Sanderson plays LD Seider is a RD

Seider can also play on his weak side really well, so we could in theory end up with a top pair of Seider and Drysdale. Might even be better for him since he's better defensively and he can keep his stick in the center of the ice to break up plays, and it gives him a good shot from the point too. I think Drysdale can play weak side too. That being said, I think Sanderson is better in almost every way aside from skating. I think he would have shown that in the playoffs had they happened.

I'm more in line with taking Raymond or Perfetti, but I'd still be happy as hell taking one of the two D-men there too. I think when the worst prospect in the top 10 is Anton Lundell, who is still fantastic, you really can't go wrong.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Seider can also play on his weak side really well, so we could in theory end up with a top pair of Seider and Drysdale. Might even be better for him since he's better defensively and he can keep his stick in the center of the ice to break up plays, and it gives him a good shot from the point too. I think Drysdale can play weak side too. That being said, I think Sanderson is better in almost every way aside from skating. I think he would have shown that in the playoffs had they happened.

I'm more in line with taking Raymond or Perfetti, but I'd still be happy as hell taking one of the two D-men there too. I think when the worst prospect in the top 10 is Anton Lundell, who is still fantastic, you really can't go wrong.
Has there been any proof of that? I didn’t watch him in the DEL but he didn’t play LD in GR or the WJC as far as i know

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Seems like Askarov has moved up a lot of rankings lists I am seeing him no lower than 11 and sometimes as high as 6, I feel like that is a good sign if we do end up deciding to reach on him with our pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad