Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
One player has 15 goals this year, the other 30(granted, with an insanely high shooting %, that he wont possibly replicate). You think the agent for the 30 goal guy is going to be okay with taking less than the 15 guy?

But the 15 goal guy has been the face of your franchise and is the team captain.

It would become a very tricky dynamic for sure to try and extend both.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
One player has 15 goals this year, the other 30(granted, with an insanely high shooting %, that he wont possibly replicate). You think the agent for the 30 goal guy is going to be okay with taking less than the 15 guy?

But the 15 goal guy has been the face of your franchise and is the team captain.

Over the last 5 seasons one guy has 258 points and the other has 254 points. And the guy with 258 is the current captain...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
To Vancouver:

-Tyler Bertuzzi
-Filip Zadina
-William Wallinder

To Detroit:
-Bo Horvat

Probably not enough, and yes Wallinder has sky-high potential as a smooth skating D that is trending towards being a top 4 D in the NHL, but you need to give to get.

That's something possible. Really realistic offer.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Horvat is quite great as power-play net-front player. He scores from there like Chris Kreider.

Think Bertuzzi has given the same element for us in the past.

- But, imo, Horvat is better net-fronter than Bertuzzi. Maybe the best currently in the game.
- Also, he is maybe the best face-off guy from younger generation. He wins that PP faceoff with very high percentage, which make your PP even more effective. Horvat is also better than Larkin almost at everything what comes to power-play. Only think I think he isn't better is the zone-entry. But better faceoff ability gives you less entry-needs.

If we get Horvat, our PP would look like this:

(netfront) Horvat

Raymond - Perron - leftysniper (Kubalik, Larkin or re-born Vrana)

(point) Seider (or Hronek)

That "leftysniper" could be also playmaker-type, because we don't kind of have it. Except Berggren. Maybe he takes the duty in the future. Not just yet.

Reactions: 14ari13

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Over the last 5 seasons one guy has 258 points and the other has 254 points. And the guy with 258 is the current captain...
I am with you on that. Which is why I would love to have both. Yzerman would have his hands full trying to stop both from hitting Ufa is all.

Now say we sign Dylan before he hits ufa and we don't trade for Bo but get him in ufa, that to me is the perfect scenario that I am sure most want on this board.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
It's gonna cost more than we wanna give up Id imagine but I would be v
I am with you on that. Which is why I would love to have both. Yzerman would have his hands full trying to stop both from hitting Ufa is all.

Now say we sign Dylan before he hits ufa and we don't trade for Bo but get him in ufa, that to me is the perfect scenario that I am sure most want on this board.

Perfect scenario, I know many dont think Larkin is a #1 on a contending team.. and Horvat is having a great year. Think those 2 with Copp as a #3 and having Rasmussen and Veleno on the roster, suddenly we have great depth up the middle. Thats a real long shot of happening but shows how if we can add to our current depth, everyone looks alot better in their proper slots in the line up.

Id be willing to give up a decent haul for Horvat if a contract is negotiated in advance.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
To Vancouver:

-Tyler Bertuzzi
-Filip Zadina
-William Wallinder

To Detroit:
-Bo Horvat

Probably not enough, and yes Wallinder has sky-high potential as a smooth skating D that is trending towards being a top 4 D in the NHL, but you need to give to get.
They'd want a 1st round pick for Horvat, guaranteed

Reactions: 14ari13

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
If Horvat was a replacement for Larkin that is simply a sideways move. Only way I want him is if we are keeping Larkin.
Exactly this. We have lots of room to sign both Horvat and Larkin to deals. So much flexibility right now.
Even with my bias of always wanting Horvat on the Red Wings, this makes a ton of sense.
They just publicly said they want young players/prospects under 24. They are not as interested in draft picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Ed

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Yeah, there are weird rumors out there that Vancouver doesn't want picks, they want young roster players. But I don't see how a package for a 27 year old 2way center who is going to score 50 goals this year wouldn't include a 1st rounder plus a top prospect and young roster player(s).

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It's gonna cost more than we wanna give up Id imagine but I would be v

Perfect scenario, I know many dont think Larkin is a #1 on a contending team.. and Horvat is having a great year. Think those 2 with Copp as a #3 and having Rasmussen and Veleno on the roster, suddenly we have great depth up the middle. Thats a real long shot of happening but shows how if we can add to our current depth, everyone looks alot better in their proper slots in the line up.

Id be willing to give up a decent haul for Horvat if a contract is negotiated in advance.
I will always contend that we can contend with Larkin as a number 1 center, but only if our number 2 center is substantially similar to Larkin. In my eyes Horvat fits that bill.

You will need to add offensive skill on the wing, but these two together should be able to take you a long ways.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
getting a bonafide 2C would help this team tremendously. Its still a huge hole in the organizaiton and would likely make Larkin happier to sign with us. I think he goes to a contender and we sign as UFA after

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Berggren - Horvat - Perron
Kubalik - Copp - Fabbri
Soderblom - Kasper - Ras/Veleno

This forward core is young, insanely talented and could do some damage in the playoffs. Who else has 2 first rounders on their 4th line?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
To Vancouver:

-Tyler Bertuzzi
-Filip Zadina
-William Wallinder

To Detroit:
-Bo Horvat

This is good offer

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I will always contend that we can contend with Larkin as a number 1 center, but only if our number 2 center is substantially similar to Larkin. In my eyes Horvat fits that bill.

You will need to add offensive skill on the wing, but these two together should be able to take you a long ways.

Agreed, having an elite #1 is always the dream but only so many to go around and you often need luck to get a chance at drafting/signing/trading for one. If you can get great talent on the wings and defense that will make up for it. Continue to draft BPA and we would be in great shape.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Lol I literally started a thread about going and getting Horvat back on December 8th and got flamed for my trade package lmao. You guys are all 5 stars I swear...

I wouldn't even be partial to maybe a bertuzzi + Suter + veleno for Signed Horvat and a late pick trade?

Won't need Veleno anymore, because we have our center depth (including rasmussen here), I love bertuzzi, but his injury's are adding up, and suter would be another center for them to utiize.

I say all this knowing it is an underpaymenet, but if Horvat want's out like it seems to be reported, then his trade value has to go down. Throw in a pick of ours and take out their late pick if needed.

Yzerman get's a solid core (raymond, kubalik[?], seider, larkin, etc.) and adds another in Horvat with Copp likely being another core piece.

I can just imagine Bo’s agent tossing that number out there
I would probably go with 7x7 like Kadri. Gets him to 34-35 and doesn't kill our salary cap at all
Also had another proposal that I can see is incorrect with Czarnick, but switch him with suter and Zadina, all of a sudden it makes a lot more sense given recent rutherford's comments.

I also just thought of another trade to do.

STL 2nd Rd pick (looks like it would be a high pick)
Czarnick
Neddy

Horvat

I've said it before, Horvat wants out so his trade value goes down and in the NHL, those are factors they use. Vancouver has no goalie or main goalie, so we can get rid of neddy even though I'm not entirely done with him yet, and Czarnick has been playing great in his call ups.

Would like a sign and trade and that would likely need another piece to add and I would probably do 2024 2nd or 3rd.

Neddy becomes that target because we just activated hellberg and stevie did that for a reason. We signed him for a week last year, essentially, and there was a reason for it. I think WISERman knew he needed an exit strategy with Neddy and when he got Husso, he realized Neddy is much more expendable, as long as Husso played well which he has.

So, what's wrong with my trade proposal lol

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Ugh, they're probably gonna want Rasmussen back....he's a Surrey, BC boy. I'd prefer to give up Veleno because Ras could someday if we ever get back into the playoffs be a difference maker if he keeps developing properly.
Gladly give up Ras+ for Horvat. Ras has improved but still has pretty limited NHL potential. Never seen a pro hockey player who falls down as frequently and easily as him. Offensive skills are just too limited, below average puck skills, passing, and shot

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
UFA forward, Underachieving Forward and a D who never played an NHL game?
They'll laugh at that.
Fact is, Canucks aren't trading him for peanuts, it'll cost ya.
Exactly. If they trade Horvat, it means no playoffs so Bert is absolutely useless at that point.

They'd want some combination of Raz, Veleno, 1st or Sedier/Ed. I wouldn't consider trading for Horvat unless an extension is agreed to before the trade. Otherwise too costly for a pending UFA.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You can sign him in the summer for free
Depends on whether or not he gets traded and re-signed. He's gonna be pricey either way.

I'd rather go all in for Auston next year. He's a more complete player.

On a side note, there's some ridiculous scoring in the league this season. You gotta wonder if Horvat's scoring is sustainable, because every goalie is shitting the bed this season.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Depends on whether or not he gets traded and re-signed. He's gonna be pricey either way.

I'd rather go all in for Auston next year. He's a more complete player.

On a side note, there's some ridiculous scoring in the league this season. You gotta wonder if Horvat's scoring is sustainable, because every goalie is shitting the bed this season.
Mathews is going home to Arizona! hence the mustache.... :popcorn:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
In NHL 19, I traded Zadina/Bernier for Boeser/Demko.

So Vancouver is run by dumbasses who can be fleeced.
Everything about that trade is gross. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Zadina than Boeser. Goalies are whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad