OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
This song is about a year old, but I believe the full album is due very soon. I listened to their first album a ton after it came out. Judging by the songs that have been trickling out for the past couple years, this is going to be easily as good.

This is just pure sonic joy to my ears.

Last edited:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
As the days get shorter and I'm walking my dogs in darkness at 5 pm (can we just make daylight savings permanent?) I always find myself listening to music that suits the black, windy, cool nights. Here's some blackgaze for ya.
The only album that I'm aware they released, but this should slot into that category. The whole disc is really good. :

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
The only album that I'm aware they released, but this should slot into that category. The whole disc is really good. :

Dude... blast from the past. I had two ipods I brought with me on my last trip to Iraq. This album was on the newer one and, while I now remember enjoying the album, I haven't thought about it since the ipod went kaput and I'm way to lazy to recover my iTunes login and figure out how to get iTunes stuff on an android device.

Is a great album though

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It's that time of the year. Every store that you're in, every radio station that's on, every tv channel you're watching, always the same boring christmas carols. That's not the music you want, that's not the music you need.
THIS is the christmas music you need, and I'm here to give it to you.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Never really gave these guys a listen until last night. Been listening to them a ton since. Just another one of the many really, really good progressive hard rock bands coming out of Australia. Crazy how many there are. Karnivool. Dead Letter Circus. Voyager. Twelve Foot Ninja. The Butterfly Effect. Cog.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Fantastic prog, these are my two favorite songs of theirs. Funny you mention Karnivool, been dying for new stuff from them forever.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

I'm a sucker for a concept album. The premise of this concept album is awesome... a dude traveling north through a post apocalyptic scottland. That said, I've been listening to this album all day and haven't had a chance to actually try and understand the lyrics. The music and production are so good. Not typically what you would find with a one man band. January isn't even over and this album will likely be in best of year consideration for me. Embedded song is the opener and it just flows so perfectly.

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
This is unreal. I haven't heard a single song these guys have done that I didn't like. They're amazing.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Borknagar released another banger of an album. Can't stop listening to this song. ICS Vortex vocals are top notch.

I like it. For some reason I'd never listened to them. Their sound for some reason doesn't really match what I expected in my head based on their name. Good though. Will have to check out some other stuff of theirs. His voice vaguely reminds me of some 70's singer I can't place my finger on right now.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I like it. For some reason I'd never listened to them. Their sound for some reason doesn't really match what I expected in my head based on their name. Good though. Will have to check out some other stuff of theirs. His voice vaguely reminds me of some 70's singer I can't place my finger on right now.
Yeah, I get that. The name and font are very black metal. They were much more black metal in the 90s but have kind of transitioned to more of a ... blackish tinged prog type sound . Some more recommendations:

This is another single off of the new album as well. The song as a whole isn't as good IMO... but if you stick with it until about the 5:30 the build up and crescendo is truly amazing.

Fun single from the last album. All clean vocals and very proggy.

From a few albums ago. This is a really cool song and features vocals from prior members (Garm and Vintersorg) along with current singers ICS Vortex and Lazare (black metal musician names are awesome). Plus it features my favorite drummer of all time, Baard Kolstad. Too bad it was the only album he contributed too.

Digging that Erra band, thanks for sharing.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Yeah, I get that. The name and font are very black metal. They were much more black metal in the 90s but have kind of transitioned to more of a ... blackish tinged prog type sound . Some more recommendations:

Digging that Erra band, thanks for sharing.
I've dug into them a little bit. So far, this is hands down my fav tune of theirs I've heard yet. Cripes, you could almost use this as a Wild pre game tune leading into the player intros:

And yeah, my buddy was the one that showed me Erra. Luckily they've got a handful of albums. Been listening to them a lot. Apparently the clean singer also has another band called Ghost Atlas. I've never heard of them, but I gather they seem to be relatively popular.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

If you would have told me the other day I would be obsessed with a track where Mikael Stanne sings 100% clean, I would have told you you're iut of your mind. I never disliked his clean vocals, just always thought they should be kept at a minimum. This song, though, this song rocks.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

If you would have told me the other day I would be obsessed with a track where Mikael Stanne sings 100% clean, I would have told you you're iut of your mind. I never disliked his clean vocals, just always thought they should be kept at a minimum. This song, though, this song rocks.

Reminds me a little bit of Sisters Of Mercy.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
This east coast old school trash metal band is one of my favorites. Every time I see them live I just go bonkers. I'm a sucker for great guitars, and how about the stache? Love it.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
This east coast old school trash metal band is one of my favorites. Every time I see them live I just go bonkers. I'm a sucker for great guitars, and how about the stache? Love it.

Imagine being a 16 year old kid in an oppressively religious household. Then having your dad find your (hidden) cassette copy of their EP 'f*** You'. Try and fathom how well that turned out. :confused: :DD

[EDIT]: Pathetic that the forum now auto censors words it deems offensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad