The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by Lshap, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Marcobruin

Marcobruin Registered User

Pre Claire village is nice but quite small . You can go about 10-15 min west of pre Claire village to St Anne de Bellevue and walk on a boardwalk.plenty of restaurants along side of the boardwalk.

Great trails in MTL. Im also from the West island but grew up in the East end. The poster mentioned some great trails
    I've been to Cap St Jacques and Lanse a Lorne .. beautiful. Careful in the warmer months at Cap (ticks)..
    Theres also Bois de Liesse ...very nice. Bois de nature in Il Bizard .. there's another place called Angell Woods (private land) trail is little rougher since not owned by the city.
    I have a husky so I take him to these places

2. greyboy67

greyboy67 Registered User

For my birthday, my adorable wife surprised me with a trip to Montreal that includes tickets to the Boston game. I haven't seen the Habs play in Montreal since 1976-77 (GOAT, of course).

Can anyone recommend places for vegan food?

3. Scottish Hab

Scottish Hab Registered User

Heading over this weekend for the Boston game on Monday, anything unique going on in the city for the festive season worth a look? Xmas markets etc. Cheers

4. peate

peate Good grief!

Ste-Catherine street is the major shopping, restaurant venue, with many of the attractions between Guy St. and St-Laurent Blvd. Mont-Royal Ave. is another pretty good action filled place in a more French area. Or you could spend hours if not days wandering the underground part of the city, away from the cold.

5. MTLstandup

MTLstandup Registered User

Hi,
    I apologize in advance as it probably was asked before but I am lacking time to do a big research.

I am from Gatineau and did not visit Montreal for the last 3 years. I bought tickets for a game late March. My wife is a foodie and we are looking for a good food experience before the game (Saturday 7pm).
    It does not need to be top 100 canada restaurant but it needs to stand out at some degree wheter it’s italian/korean/burgers/tacos.... by it’s food and the restaurant itself and ideally be close to the Bell centre.

Thanks

6. kalessin

kalessin Registered User

I'd recommend Escondite on Drummond. Mexican. Only downside is they seem to open only at 5:30, but it's right by the Centre Bell.

MTLstandup likes this.
  7. MTLstandup

MTLstandup Registered User

Thanks for the suggestion ! We just looked at the menu and it’s very interesting. Even though it opens on the late side, tacos or tapas should be ate pretty fast and if it’s close to Bell Centre, it shouldn’t be a problem.

... And I don’t have anything against finishing my food craving with a poutine at La Banquise or a pizza somewhere late night !