The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
What are ticket prices like at Bell Centre? Hoping to go to Montreal next season for a Habs vs bruins game on a Saturday night. I wanna get great lower bowl seats. Am I expecting to spend atleast $300? Even more?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Just landed down in Montreal for the first time since 2004 and had my first ever poutine at the age of 21 (almost 22)

Any other good spots to eat besides Schwartz's and Smoked Meat Pete?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Just landed down in Montreal for the first time since 2004 and had my first ever poutine at the age of 21 (almost 22)

Any other good spots to eat besides Schwartz's and Smoked Meat Pete?
Too many really, I wouldn't know where to begin. There's a little restaurant besides Chez Paree my brother turned me on to, close to the Bell Centre, they make great pizza for one and it's not expensive. Oh! Can you sneak me into your luggage on the way back? :laugh:

Reactions: Stive Morgan

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Beaudry Station sucks. Always closed. Closed it forever then... Don’t even plan or planning to go there.

Reactions: Gains

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can someone recommend a good sports bar downtown to watch a NBA Finals game? Lots of screens is important, but even more so is the ability to hear the game loud and clear.

Thank you.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Leafs fan coming in peace. In Montreal this weekend for a bachelor party. Staying in Plateau Mont Royal area. Are there any good suggestions for bars/places to see etc ?

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Leafs fan coming in peace. In Montreal this weekend for a bachelor party. Staying in Plateau Mont Royal area. Are there any good suggestions for bars/places to see etc ?
I do not have anything specific to recommend but in the past decade or so Plateau became very French. A lot of people moving to Montreal from France settled there. So there is tons of great restaurants and places to eat. Just google around for restos/bars near you, read reviews and pick whatever you like.

Vist La Fontaine Park and walk all the way up the Mount Royal once you are fed up drinking or just go there and bring some with you. :)

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Hiya, I'm a Jets and Armia fan from NZ, moving to Europe very soon and hoping to cross the pond for Jets @ Montreal on Jan 6. I've managed to find your ticketing website, but just wondering what other reliable means there are for buying tickets off STHs? Do you guys do a ticket exchange thread on the boards here? Cheers.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
How close is the Embassy Suites in Montreal to the downtown? A few buddies of want to go to the Devils Habs game on November 16th. We've never been to Montreal and waited a few years to get a Devils game on a Saturday night in Montreal. I heard Saturday games are insane with the atmosphere surround the arena and the downtown.

Looking to air BnB or stay at the Embassy Suites because I work in a Hilton and can get a very nice discount

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
How close is the Embassy Suites in Montreal to the downtown? A few buddies of want to go to the Devils Habs game on November 16th. We've never been to Montreal and waited a few years to get a Devils game on a Saturday night in Montreal. I heard Saturday games are insane with the atmosphere surround the arena and the downtown.

Looking to air BnB or stay at the Embassy Suites because I work in a Hilton and can get a very nice discount

Off the top of my head,there are 2,but one is near the airport and the other in Old Montreal,close enough but a good walk.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There's a Drouin's street in DDO. I stopped immediately to be more than sure. I went there without being aware of this...

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
my plan to take my AZ kids (12/15) to montreal to fulfill a dream for all of us to watch a game is being developed.
I think I want the Jan. 4 game against Pittsburgh.
I signed up with the club for getting single game tickets. Is it realistic to get tickets this way? and what am I expecting to pay for good seats in lower bowl.?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
my plan to take my AZ kids (12/15) to montreal to fulfill a dream for all of us to watch a game is being developed.
I think I want the Jan. 4 game against Pittsburgh.
I signed up with the club for getting single game tickets. Is it realistic to get tickets this way? and what am I expecting to pay for good seats in lower bowl.?
I went three or four years ago, and seats 20 rows up at the blue line were 175$.
There are ways to get cheap tickets.
StubHub!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
i've targeted jan 4 for the pittsburgh game. I'm fulfilling dream for both my kids who despite growing up in arizona are both hockey players and have taken on their dads team.
When do single game tickets go on sale and what would be a good view in the bell center? we do like lower bowl.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
One thing that's really missing in Montreal: pizza by slice. I've discovered two good options (one of which is downright terrific), that's it. :( Feel like making a reference list for travelers and enthusiasts.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
One thing that's really missing in Montreal: pizza by slice. I've discovered two good options (one of which is downright terrific), that's it, and neither are in the main downtown corridor. :( Feel like making a reference list for travelers and enthusiasts.
Mory Pizza, Verdun and 2nd ave. a hop from the Verdun Metro.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Thanks for the reference, had a quick look and it seems alright. Noticed some sesame on one of the pizzas, do my eyes deceive?
Sesame crust. I remember they had great pizza, and slices of plain or pepperoni for 0.99 each, but it's been over 15 years. It probably changed.

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
One thing that's really missing in Montreal: pizza by slice. I've discovered two good options (one of which is downright terrific), that's it. :( Feel like making a reference list for travelers and enthusiasts.
Is pizzeria Adamo one of your two? That's the best I've had.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Is pizzeria Adamo one of your two? That's the best I've had.

Tis indeed sir, outstanding crust. My number one is Pizza Bouquet, which is also my overall favorite in Montreal, period. Best kept secret in the city, arguably the best deal in the city as well: $19.50 (taxes included) for a top notch 16" Margherita pizza, or $3.75 per slice.

If I had to square them up, I'd say Adamo's crust slightly wins out, but Bouquet takes the overall prize on flavor.

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
Tis indeed sir, outstanding crust. My number one is Pizza Bouquet, which is also my overall favorite in Montreal, period. Best kept secret in the city, arguably the best deal in the city as well: $19.50 (taxes included) for a top notch 16" Margherita pizza, or $3.75 per slice.

If I had to square them up, I'd say Adamo's crust slightly wins out, but Bouquet takes the overall prize on flavor.
Sounds like I have another place to try then!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad