The West Is Basically Set Now

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Barring golfing teams upsetting playoff teams, which is still possible, even if unlikely, we have:

Dallas vs Los Angeles
Winnipeg vs Colorado

Vancouver vs Nashville
Edmonton vs Vegas

Reactions: Summer Rose

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm not exactly thrilled that the Knights with their broken ass defense and broken goalies are potentially going up against the best offense in the West in round 1.
As far as I can tell... you guys can win a cup with Jiri Patera.

That D has Pietrangelo, Hanifin and Theodore?

That's quite the step from Ek, Bouch and Nurse. without looking, your 4th D is very likely better than Cody Ceci.

And your offence will include net front Hertl and Stone driving our good forwards crazy!

You guys are my nightmare when you are altogether for game 1. Don't even get me started on Eichel decimating us last year.lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We know Kopitar, Doughty, Kempe, Danault, and hopefully Fiala will bring it. The middle 6 wingers aren't hurting the team. The defence is solid but not great.

The big question mark is Dubois. He had such a monster playoffs in the covid bubble. If that version of him makes a return that'd be a huge relief for the Kings.

But I've said it since the offseason, this team ain't winning shit as long the goaltending is unchanged.
I would hope that Arvidsson does something, also. How has Gavrikov been?

I liked Talbot when he was on the Wild, but a Calgary fan warned us that he was a good backup, but cannot be the main starter, and that mostly turned out to be true.

PLD....aiiee.

It's time for Byfield to show up. I know he has looked better, but i still don't see enough out of him.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I would hope that Arvidsson does something, also. How has Gavrikov been?

I liked Talbot when he was on the Wild, but a Calgary fan warned us that he was a good backup, but cannot be the main starter, and that mostly turned out to be true.

PLD....aiiee.

It's time for Byfield to show up. I know he has looked better, but i still don't see enough out of him.
Gavrikov was great right after the trade last season. This year I'd say he's been ok. Not amazing, but not a liability. I think he has more to give.

Talbot had a good start to the season, but the wheels fell off to the point it was laughable he was in the ASG. He's been better lately but I've never been a fan going back to his days on the Rags. A career backup that's fooled several teams into thinking he's a starter.

Agreed regarding Byfield. Most Kings fans are thrilled with the season he's had, and he has improved I'll give him that. However I still think he's got a long ways to go to justify using the pick on him instead of Stu. Luckily though, playoffs are where the big boys like him can thrive

Reactions: Summer Rose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As far as I can tell... you guys can win a cup with Jiri Patera.

That D has Pietrangelo, Hanifin and Theodore?

That's quite the step from Ek, Bouch and Nurse. without looking, your 4th D is very likely better than Cody Ceci.

And your offence will include net front Hertl and Stone driving our good forwards crazy!

You guys are my nightmare when you are altogether for game 1. Don't even get me started on Eichel decimating us last year.lol
Having to find their game against the Oilers is pretty much a death sentence. Vegas was a lot more prepared to play well in the postseason this time last year and they still needed a warm up round against Winnipeg to get their wheels turning. I don't think Vegas has time to make the defensive adjustments they'll need to hold off Edmonton's offense. If they even could if they met in the second round instead of the first.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Having to find their game against the Oilers is pretty much a death sentence. Vegas was a lot more prepared to play well in the postseason this time last year and they still needed a warm up round against Winnipeg to get their wheels turning. I don't think Vegas has time to make the defensive adjustments they'll need to hold off Edmonton's offense. If they even could if they met in the second round instead of the first.
Well hopefully we never find out. You are not my first choice for playoffs.lol.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well hopefully we never find out. You are not my first choice for playoffs.lol.
I'll always say that Edmonton was the toughest opponent Vegas got through on their run to the cup. Not just that they hada couple big wins against the Knights; Vegas' wins were harder than most they got after.

So yeah, Edmonton is actually my last choice for first round opponent this year given the circumstances.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I'll always say that Edmonton was the toughest opponent Vegas got through on their run to the cup. Not just that they hada couple big wins against the Knights; Vegas' wins were harder than most they got after.

So yeah, Edmonton is actually my last choice for first round opponent this year given the circumstances.

Vegas can effectively choose their opponent by "resting players" and losing the last two games. So, it will be interesting to see who they choose. If they perceive McDavid to be truly dinged up, it will be the Oilers. We will find out tonight.

Anybody who doesn't believe that teams do this is naive.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Barring golfing teams upsetting playoff teams, which is still possible, even if unlikely, we have:

Dallas vs Los Angeles
Winnipeg vs Colorado

Vancouver vs Nashville
Edmonton vs Vegas
For this to change:
1) Dal has to lose in Reg vs STL and Van needs to win both games vs Cal and Win. Van needs 1 point to secure Pacific, and if they do that vs Cal, they probably rest guys for the Win game vs try to secure #1 seed IMO. Nash finished their season on Monday, so they are getting rest right now.
2) LA/LV can swap if Vegas gets more points than LA. LA holds tie breaker so LV needs to finish with more points to jump them. LV hosts the 2/3 worst teams in Chi and Ana to close the year. LA gets Chi to close their season.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I drink to forget that. I was one of many that yelled that out. We got Florida and we got our ass kicked.

Yeah....looking back at that hubris....*cringe* I can hope...but I keep my mouth shut so it doesn't get something unwanted shoved in it. In this league, at this time of year anything can happen and there is always someone (especially here) wanting to make you choke on it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad