hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
#1 #WC2 Stars Knights

#2 #3 Jets Avs

#1 #WC1 Canucks Preds

#2 #3 Oilers Kings
Hmmmm if we beat the stars and the Jets beat the Avs, hopefully we can beat the Jets.... it'd be kinda nice to have beat them in every round we could face them in.

All we need to do then is convince the NHL to have a throw back season so they can play in the South East Division again, so we can beat them in the cup finals. :sarcasm::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now I've said that we're getting swept in the first round.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The stars versus the Golden Knights is absolutely ridiculous
Ridiculously awesome for everyone else. I don't want either of those teams, and if the other advances but they're beat to shit - all the better.

Mind you, I'm not sleeping on Nashville. Josi is absolutely carving up the league right now. Forsberg has 47 goals.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ridiculously awesome for everyone else. I don't want either of those teams, and if the other advances but they're beat to shit - all the better.

Mind you, I'm not sleeping on Nashville. Josi is absolutely carving up the league right now.
Canucks vs Nashville is gonna be high offense, Should be fun!
As long as we dodge the kings, easily our worst match up, Rather play oilers, vegas and nashville.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We sure this is locked in?

The only thing that can change at this point is Edmonton winning 3 straight and Vancouver losing 2 straight. At which point Edmonton is 1st in the Pacific. Or Vegas winning 3 straight and Nashville losing their last game. Or Vegas winning 2-3 more and LA loses both their last 1 or 2 then Vegas is 3rd in Pacific.

So the possible matchups are.

Dallas vs. Vegas, Nashville or LA.

Winnipeg vs. Colorado

Vancouver vs. Vegas, Nashville or LA.

Edmonton vs. LA, Nashville or Vegas.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The only thing that can change at this point is Edmonton winning 3 straight and Vancouver losing 2 straight. At which point Edmonton is 1st in the Pacific. Or Vegas winning 3 straight and Nashville losing their last game. Or Vegas winning 2-3 more and LA loses both their last 1 or 2 then Vegas is 3rd in Pacific.

Winnipeg vs. Colorado

That is a lot of ifs.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

Winnipeg vs. Colorado

So what you’re saying is that this thread is a farce.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This playoff format is so broken.

The Stars might get screwed but they'd get screwed in a 1-8 format anyway. Only way to change that is to let the top teams pick their opponents or a 1-16 bracket - I'd prefer both options over this current format.

However, if Vegas crosses to the Central - the Pacific has by far the weakest teams in their bracket. There's Edmonton against the LA Kings who won 3 playoff games one time in the last 10 years and 2 teams who missed the playoffs last year. Meanwhile the Central looks like a bloodbath with Dallas/Avs/Knights/Jets. Arguably every team in the Central is stronger than every team in the Pacific bracket.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
This playoff format is so broken.

The Stars might get screwed but they'd get screwed in a 1-8 format anyway. Only way to change that is to let the top teams pick their opponents or a 1-16 bracket - which I'm both in favour of.

However, if Vegas crosses to the Central - the Pacific has by far the weakest teams in their bracket. There's Edmonton against the LA Kings who won 3 playoff games one time in the last 10 years and 2 teams who missed the playoffs last year. Meanwhile the Central looks like a bloodbath with Dallas/Avs/Knights/Jets. Arguably every team in the Central is stronger than every team in the Pacific bracket.
That's quite the argument .

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's quite the argument .

Is it? I think every team would sign up to go through the Pacific if given the choice. You got the last 2 Cup winners in the Central bracket. You got basically no playoff success other than one team beating up another every year in the Pacific bracket.

Colorado/Vegas/Jets/Dallas vs Vancouver/Edmonton/Kings/Preds

Doesn't seem to be a tough choice.

Reactions: Summer Rose

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Is it? I think every team would sign up to go through the Pacific if given the choice. You got the last 2 Cup winners in the Central bracket. You got basically no playoff success other than one team beating up another every year in the Pacific bracket.
I think every team would sign up to play the Leafs. That's a 1st round bye .

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I think every team would sign up to play the Leafs. That's a 1st round bye .

Don't tell Tampa that.

That has nothing to do with what I said though. The Atlantic division represented the East in the Finals 5 years in a row.

The one team that represented the Pacific in recent memory looks like they're flipping over to the Central. You basically got a bunch of teams who never won a round/made the playoffs last season and Edmonton who keeps beating the LA Kings.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Stars should be pissed. That's such BS they have to face Vegas.
Why? That's 'loser' mentality right there. Either you're world beaters or you're going home. No ifs, ands, or buts.

"The Dallas Stars crushed the reigning Stanley Cup Champions Vegas Golden Knights in round one of the playoffs" sounds and looks a lot better than "The Dallas Stars eased their way into the second round vs an inferior opponent."

Championships are earned, never given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad