Pre-Game Talk: The West Coast Road Trip Thread

iGetCarried*

Why the obsession with two 4th lines? Why not Koko in the middle of Kelly and Smith...Gives you a nice 3rd line that might actually score once in a blue with a creative pivot.

Why do we play every game for 1 point? I wonder if Claude actually goes 36 in a 35 mph zone?

Amen! and two 4th lines that won't be effective against the opponents we'll be playing.

Koko was sent down as well. CJ doesn't like him. Spooner v2.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It will largely depend on our ability to put in a consistent effort and whether Rask can keep up his excellent play as of late.

I think we've got a decent chance against SJ and ARI if the effort is there.
LA and Anaheim will be very tough games for this team right now.

iGetCarried*

It will largely depend on our ability to put in a consistent effort and whether Rask can keep up his excellent play as of late.

I think we've got a decent chance against SJ and ARI if the effort is there.
LA and Anaheim will be very tough games for this team right now.

Tough games that hopefully they rise to the challenge to, even with a depleted lineup.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
No injuries please. That is all.

Kinda ironic with all the injuries we've sustained this year the one guy many of us don't want playing, with his questionable history of injuries is fine. Gagne.

iGetCarried*

Kinda ironic with all the injuries we've sustained this year the one guy many of us don't want playing, with his questionable history of injuries is fine. Gagne.

Well he's only avg. 11 minutes TOI with us. A major drop in what he was usually playing, 14-20 minutes a night during his time when he was effective.

Less workload should equal less injuries. I'm sure if they bumped his minutes up, he'd go down with something.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Did you even watch that game? Rask was his Vezina self thankfully... St. Louis dominated play and puck possession...

We will need Tuuk to do it again I'm sure.

Sure I did. The OP is claiming that Anaheim and LA will "push the girl scout Bruins all over the ice." I saw that same assertion before the Blues game, in which the Bruins out-hit the Blues 25-16.

Personally I don't give a damn how they win. Just win.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I generally miss these games but my work schedule is upside down at the moment.. so LETS GET WEIRD!!!11!

tumblr_m3jp5eT0bs1r0ckzpo5_250.gif

member 96824

Rumor has it they held Krejci at home for fear of this happening again:

Krejci_draft_640.jpg

Can never be too safe with those cali folks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sure I did. The OP is claiming that Anaheim and LA will "push the girl scout Bruins all over the ice." I saw that same assertion before the Blues game, in which the Bruins out-hit the Blues 25-16.

Personally I don't give a damn how they win. Just win.

Yeah but then why do you always bring up the "Well the Bruins controlled the puck more" argument when they consistently get outhit?

Agree about winning ..although I'd like them to win the Bruins way.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Why the obsession with two 4th lines? Why not Koko in the middle of Kelly and Smith...Gives you a nice 3rd line that might actually score once in a blue with a creative pivot.

Why do we play every game for 1 point? I wonder if Claude actually goes 36 in a 35 mph zone?

:handclap: I bet he actually has a lead foot to get out his "crazy" side. :sarcasm:

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013

The curse of Gagne.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
West coast trips are never easy and I'll be fine with 2 wins but I think the Bruins have a shot at getting 3 of 4. They play the Kings on the second night of a back-to-back so we know getting a win there will be hard but the Ducks, despite their high point total, haven't been great the last little while. They have the same amount of wins as the Bruins but they have been collecting a bunch of OTL points as well. It also seems like they have been giving up a lot of goals lately. After the Kings and Ducks they have the Sharks, who haven't been great. It'll be the 3rd game in four nights but I think it's winnable. Then they wrap up vs the Coyotes.

Like I said, I'll take a 2-2 trip but I think 3-1 is doable.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I took last week and this week off, last week to host Thanksgiving with less stress and this week to do most of my Christmas decorating and shopping. It's icing on the cake being able to watch the games if I'm able to stay awake, ha.

I am already tired ...we will see. :)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I am missing every game except for the Arizona game, its a shame because these games are the best of the year as far as I am concerned. Go B's!

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Anaheim hasn't played too well lately and is missing Beauchemin.

Still, without Chara I think the Bruins will be in tough against the Perry + Getzlaf combination. It sounds cliché but I think the West Coast trip will ultimately be a good learning experience for the young defensemen.

I think a pairing of Krug-Seidenberg like they had in practice will spend a lot of time in its own zone.

Hopefully the Bruins finish the 4 game swing still in a playoff position and then Chara will return.

iGetCarried*

Finally i'll be able to catch a full game of Pasta!

My work schedule sucks and i don't get out until 9 pm on most nights. These W.C games actually allow me to catch the games. Staying up for the whole thing will be the tricky part. lol

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Fraser in, Griffith and Cunningham out

Fraser hasn't shown much but I think this is a good move.

Anaheim has a lot of big boys and the Bruins are going to need to simplify their game and concentrate on getting the puck out of the defensive zone along the walls. Having all of the smaller guys in the lineup probably isn't the best idea.

I like Griffith a lot so far. He is a very smart player and I think he is a good shooter but still needs to work on it a little bit to better take advantage of the opportunities that he gets.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Thats ****. They're taking size over skill butthe problem with Fras is he'll just skate around invisible like always. Id have put Cunningham in before I put Fras in and moved Paille upif thats the case.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Amen! and two 4th lines that won't be effective against the opponents we'll be playing.

Koko was sent down as well. CJ doesn't like him. Spooner v2.

Or it could be that Khoko was -2 in 24 minutes of ice over 3 games with 1 shot on net. That could be it.

Why must we pretend that putting in a youngster with supposed skill in the minors is a better option than a veteran who knows the system and is more reliable in his own end? Where's the proof that these guys are a better option and somehow turns a 4th line into a 3rd line?

This just seems like a few folks have decided they have their little axe to grind with the coach and now every young kid who does nothing with his ice time is just the victim of a close-minded Jack Adams and Cup winner. A coach who apparently would prefer to play lesser players for some completely inexplicable and illogical reason.

And all the while a kid like Pastrnak comes up, puts 7 shots on net in two games and not only gets more ice time but also gets promoted to the Bergeron line. Huh....I wonder why that happened? Let me connect the dots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad