Pre-Game Talk: The West Coast Road Trip Thread

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
But I do like seeing Cunningham finally being on that line. I really think it's time for the Gagne project to be put to the side.

iGetCarried*

But I do like seeing Cunningham finally being on that line. I really think it's time for the Gagne project to be put to the side.

I don't know what it is with Gagne, other than being a veteran binkie for CJ. I guess Gagne, in game, has some value. He has the playmaker skill set that if needed, can be moved up and down the lineup (though his original spot isn't really what's he built for). He can play the PP, kill PKs, etc. but 5-5 with who he's playing with, he's all but useless. Hockey sense is there, legs are not. I like Gagne as a 13th forward and top 9 plug-in if injuries occur, but at this point in his career, that's all he is/ever will be.

Time to infuse Cunningham on that wing. Kid is what we're looking for out of a 4th liner, and that line could use some much needed energy. Maybe he could get Paille/Campbell going. If not, you look to move on from them too.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
1-3 trip, chiapet forced to deal a couple of his mistakes in Eriksson and Spooner (Scouts more than Chia but still should have been moved by now), admit his vision of the girl scout bruins isn't working and bring in some size and grit after L.A and Anaheim push them all over the ice.

Just like St. Louis did! :sarcasm:

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Hoping for a game with

Lucic/Yeti/Loui
Gagne/Kelly/Smith
Marchand/Bergy/Pasta
Paille/Soupy/cunningham

Fraser needs an elite passer to be effective i.e. Krejci or Yeti and Griffth is not quite ready for the heavy lifting at the NHL level, he will be an NHL player just don't think he is there quite yet.

iGetCarried*

Hoping for a game with

Lucic/Yeti/Loui
Gagne/Kelly/Smith
Marchand/Bergy/Pasta
Paille/Soupy/cunningham

Fraser needs an elite passer to be effective i.e. Krejci or Yeti and Griffth is not quite ready for the heavy lifting at the NHL level, he will be an NHL player just don't think he is there quite yet.

Why is arguably our best line listed 3rd?

That Gagne/Kelly/Smith line makes me gag.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Why is arguably our best line listed 3rd?

That Gagne/Kelly/Smith line makes me gag.

Lol, I was not listing them in any specific order, in my world Yeti is line one at the moment Bergy ling two, Kelly three and Soupy four, feel better. Gagne with Kelly and Smith would work well I believe.

iGetCarried*

Lol, I was not listing them in any specific order, in my world Yeti is line one at the moment Bergy ling two, Kelly three and Soupy four, feel better. Gagne with Kelly and Smith would work well I believe.

Smith would die on that line.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This will be a difficult road trip for the boys.

These late games are tough when you are old and have to get up at 5:30 am.

I am pretty sure no one signed up for tonight's GDT so this might be it. I hope some of us can stay awake and keep each other company :)

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

iGetCarried*

Haha, I never said anything about it being pretty. Maybe have Smitty play the off wing and have Griffith on the right.

I could live with a Smith-Kelly-Griffith line. At least it 2 guys who can score. Gagne/Kelly with Smith would be nauseating. 1 guy with offensive skill. Smith has it. Gagne HAD it, and Kelly never came close to having it lol.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I hope some of us can stay awake and keep each other company :)

I took last week and this week off, last week to host Thanksgiving with less stress and this week to do most of my Christmas decorating and shopping. It's icing on the cake being able to watch the games if I'm able to stay awake, ha.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Treat them like a playoff game, play tight system hockey, and should be able to come out with at least 4 points, maybe 6.

Play some "boring" system hockey.. I put boring in quotations because W's for the most part aren't boring. Just win baby.. or.. you know.. get a point.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Finally they are out west, a 7 p.m. start my time:yo:

They will go 1-2-1 and everyone will be complaining and wanting a trade.

Chara/Krejci will come back and the Bruins will go on an epic run of 10-1-1 and all will be forgotten as they climb up to the top of the league.

5 points out of the league lead for points without Chara/Krejci for a lot of the year is pretty damn good, for all the complaining we all do, this team I believe has done well without 2 of their top players.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Anaheim (4) - Boston (2)
Los Angeles (2) - Boston (1) SO or OT
San Jose (3) - Boston (2)
Arizona (2) - Boston (4)

1-2-1

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/miller-returns-sunday-practice-anaheim

Kevan Miller returned to practice after missing the Saturday session in Wilmington, and David Warsofsky didn't make the trip after practicing with the team 24 hours ago.

Here are the line combos and D-pairings based on the practice with the extra bodies involved:

Smith/Fraser-Kelly-Griffith
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Lucic-Soderberg-Eriksson
Gagne/Cunningham-Campbell-Paille

Seidenberg-Krug
Morrow-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Miller
Trotman

Rask
Svedberg

Why the obsession with two 4th lines? Why not Koko in the middle of Kelly and Smith...Gives you a nice 3rd line that might actually score once in a blue with a creative pivot.

Why do we play every game for 1 point? I wonder if Claude actually goes 36 in a 35 mph zone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad