Pre-Game Talk: The West Coast Road Trip Thread

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Have to say that I'm very interested in how they do this week, I think 4 points is realistic, tough games with the Ducks and Kings then gets a little easier with the Sharks and Coyotes , my fear is the first 2 games will show how soft they've become, Claude will turn even more conservative and these games will be horrible to watch, hopefully I'm wrong...

Predictions
Ducks 3 Bruins 1
Kings 2 Bruins 0
Sharks 2 Bruins 4
Coyotes 1 Bruins 2

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Ducks and Kings imo will be tough. Sharks and Coyotes aren't going to be easy. Julien is usually good at coaching solid road games but this team is missing key pieces and it's going to be tough.

I think the Bruins realistically come home with 2-4 points.

I just hope nobody else comes back injured.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
1-3 trip, chiapet forced to deal a couple of his mistakes in Eriksson and Spooner (Scouts more than Chia but still should have been moved by now), admit his vision of the girl scout bruins isn't working and bring in some size and grit after L.A and Anaheim push them all over the ice.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Anaheim and LA eking out wins with differentials of +2 and +8,both have had success against the East but are no powerhouses at this time. Undermanned Bruins could squeeze 1 or 2 points here and 3 points out of SJ and Arizona.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
It's going to be rough on me having to stay up late to watch these games... The bs better show up hopefully the trip as a whole helps them out

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Have to say that I'm very interested in how they do this week, I think 4 points is realistic, tough games with the Ducks and Kings then gets a little easier with the Sharks and Coyotes , my fear is the first 2 games will show how soft they've become, Claude will turn even more conservative and these games will be horrible to watch, hopefully I'm wrong...

Predictions
Ducks 3 Bruins 1
Kings 2 Bruins 0
Sharks 2 Bruins 4
Coyotes 1 Bruins 2

Sounds about right.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
B's go 2-2-0, maybe 1-2-1, the Negative Nellies (you're not worthy of the name Nancy) continue to crap on the team and say they only beat the pretenders and still suck. The Positive Paulies (get it, Irish? Boston? Ahh...whatever) consider it a huge win with everyone hurt still.

And I sit here and say...hey, its only the beginning of December. But we all know Chia is evaluating, but when is it ok for me to start? :laugh:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
And we'll hear dozens of criticisms no matter which way it goes from people who went to bed at 10.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
No way will I stay up past period #1, I'll just record it and watch it at my leisure, after of course The Waking Dead,Talking Dead, Homeland etc...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No way will I stay up past period #1, I'll just record it and watch it at my leisure, after of course The Waking Dead,Talking Dead, Homeland etc...

Not sure I can make it to even half way point of the first for any of these games

I predict they win tonight, drop the next two, finish the roadie with a W against the Arizona whatevers

My buddy just took a job working for a major Hotel chain there, went to a game a few weeks back, brutal attendance, what was announced and what he read online were so inaccurate in comparison to how many were there,

He says the upper bowl practically empty

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/miller-returns-sunday-practice-anaheim

Kevan Miller returned to practice after missing the Saturday session in Wilmington, and David Warsofsky didn't make the trip after practicing with the team 24 hours ago.

Here are the line combos and D-pairings based on the practice with the extra bodies involved:

Smith/Fraser-Kelly-Griffith
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Lucic-Soderberg-Eriksson
Gagne/Cunningham-Campbell-Paille

Seidenberg-Krug
Morrow-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Miller
Trotman

Rask
Svedberg

member 96824

Treat them like a playoff game, play tight system hockey, and should be able to come out with at least 4 points, maybe 6.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So which game/games does Svedberg get? Ducks then Kings are tough-I lean towards Task gets the Ducks.

Sveddy might get the Coyotes but I think he may just play the Kings.

I'm not sure I can watch any of these to the end. It sucks that all the California games are on week nights. A Friday or Saturday game would have been nice.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd be happy with 2 or 3 points from the 3 California games. We seem to have rope-a-doped San Jose quite well recently anyways.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I think we drop the first two, but get the second two games - pretty much like last year. Have to say, I -HATE- the lighting, or lack thereof, at STAPLES. They're trying to turn a hockey game into a rock concert, leaving all the fans in the dark. I get it - the focus should be on the players. But it makes the ice look a dirty gray.

One other prediction: Bart and Miller pick up the mumps.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Gonna be tough, especially the first two. I'd be happy going splitting or at least getting a point.

I think it's gonna be on Tuukka. If he can keep playing how he's been playing, he gives up a shot every game. It's up to the offense to give him some goal support.

We'll see though. Sometimes they show up big when I don't think they will (Blues) and sometimes they crap the bed when I think they're going to show up (every Mtl game ever). Reserving expectations until all is said and done. I think we'll get 5 out of 8 points.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Time for the boys to really dig deep and man up on this trip. Let's see what our team is really made of. That being said, I think it would be a win to get 4/8 points and no injuries.

One thing I'm really looking forward to seeing is how Pasta handles some of the elite teams in the league, as well as the young D. Rask will really have to earn his paycheck as well. I hate the times on these games so much having to be to work for 7am...

iGetCarried*

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/miller-returns-sunday-practice-anaheim

Kevan Miller returned to practice after missing the Saturday session in Wilmington, and David Warsofsky didn't make the trip after practicing with the team 24 hours ago.

Here are the line combos and D-pairings based on the practice with the extra bodies involved:

Smith/Fraser-Kelly-Griffith
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Lucic-Soderberg-Eriksson
Gagne/Cunningham-Campbell-Paille

Seidenberg-Krug
Morrow-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Miller
Trotman

Rask
Svedberg

I know that won't really be our top line, but even seeing it there makes me cringe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad