The Weiss Thread

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Anybody notice , that Alfy generating point away from Weiss. Put him with Z and D , it might build his confidence

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
It's still early

Bingo. Replace Weiss with Flip, shuffle his lines as much as Weiss's have been, and see who you'd prefer in that scenario.

This is honestly something that should be judged after a half, or better yet a full season has gone by, IMO. I think we will have a better judgment then than we do now.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Anybody notice , that Alfy generating point away from Weiss. Put him with Z and D , it might build his confidence

I've thought about that too and let Bert play with Alfie and Tatar in front of the net.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Fil would probably frustrating me even more if he were still here. all that talent and he did squat for us. i doubt anything would be any different if he were still here. he shows flashes, but thats where it ends, at least when he was a Wing.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bingo. Replace Weiss with Flip, shuffle his lines as much as Weiss's have been, and see who you'd prefer in that scenario.

This is honestly something that should be judged after a half, or better yet a full season has gone by, IMO. I think we will have a better judgment then than we do now.

weiss lines were shuffled bc he played like ass.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Weiss was a go-to guy in Florida. Now he's either in a role where he passes it TO the go-to guys or people like Cleary can't get him the puck. Weiss really hasn't had many quality scoring chances.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
You mean it's unfair to call him a bust after playing out 3.9% of his contract?

Perd Hapley

Ya Heard With Perd
Jul 9, 2010
We knew exactly what we had with Filpula, a guy who struggled to produce when he was our second line center and only could when he was on Datsyuk or Z's wing. What he's doing in Tampa is irrelevant, he obviously needed a change of scenery and a new system to play like everyone knew he could.

I'm still happy we got Weiss instead because he's proven to be capable of producing at center, once he settles in I think he'll be fine for us. But he does look like he could use someone with speed and the ability to carry the puck on his wing because he does look a little slow out there, Nyquist would be perfect for him but it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
We knew exactly what we had with Filpula, a guy who struggled to produce when he was our second line center and only could when he was on Datsyuk or Z's wing. What he's doing in Tampa is irrelevant, he obviously needed a change of scenery and a new system to play like everyone knew he could.

I'm still happy we got Weiss instead because he's proven to be capable of producing at center, once he settles in I think he'll be fine for us. But he does look like he could use someone with speed and the ability to carry the puck on his wing because he does look a little slow out there, Nyquist would be perfect for him but it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.

The story of this post is one of me agreeing those words, perdvert.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
it baffles me as to why cleary gets SO much hate (and holland/babcock get so much hate for bringing him back/playing him) but weiss doesn't, and holland doesn't seem to get much blame for signing him. sure, cleary is well past his best and he sucked last year, but while weiss got 4 points and -13, cleary put up 10 points in the playoffs....and while cleary is on a 1-year deal for a minimal amount of money in NHL terms, weiss is earning 5 mil for the next 5 years. yeah, cleary shouldn't have been re-signed, but signing weiss for that length of time and money was stupid.

and no, im not arguing that filppula should have stayed, necessarily. i prefer him to weiss, but he probably needed a change of scenery.

really hope weiss gets it together quickly, but i'm not hopeful...

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
Fil would probably frustrating me even more if he were still here. all that talent and he did squat for us. i doubt anything would be any different if he were still here. he shows flashes, but thats where it ends, at least when he was a Wing.

That's a bit harsh...

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
If your linemates are a mix of Cleary, Franzen and Alfredsson, you're not gonna have fun.

And you're going to have to pick up a lot of their slack. At least for Cleary and Franzen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad