The Weiss Thread

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I am considering picking up Weiss in a pool. Has he played well and just can't get a bounce or has he looked brutal? Are there signs that he will return to form?

How deep is your pool? He's been better than he is getting credit for (see above comment), however, unless your pool is very, very deep, then I wouldn't take him in a pool. I still expect him to hit 35-40 points this year.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He's playing better. He could have had a couple of points tonight but he keeps setting up a guy who cannot finish.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
FWIW, he's looked considerably more comfortable in the past 3 games or so. I think he'll start producing shortly. But given how many players on Detroit are underperforming offensively this season, I don't expect huge numbers from him.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
FWIW, he's looked considerably more comfortable in the past 3 games or so. I think he'll start producing shortly. But given how many players on Detroit are underperforming offensively this season, I don't expect huge numbers from him.

Agreed on not expecting big numbers from him. He'll improve from where he is and possibly if Nyquist is brought up we'll see a fairly drastic improvement, but not playing with 13 and 40 will limit his chances.

He's responsible defensively though and his board play in the offensive zone has been real solid of late.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Just goals and assists

i'd go with brassard. maybe ward.

johansen plays a lot of shutdown mins for columbus.

ward is at third line for caps bc of their rw depth. gets some pp time though.

if brassard is getting top6 mins with rangers, he should be the way to go imo (i don't know if he is).

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
He doesn't seem to have any real chemistry with anyone yet...he's like the new kid at school that still eats his lunch by himself. I don't think he's lost entirely...but don't remember he didn't play at all last year so you add that to the fact he's on a new team with higher expectations. He'll get it eventually...you just don't want to it take all year.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Hmmmm....not sure but I think we got ****ed.

Weiss 2g 2 pts 15 games
Filppula 5g 6a 11pts 14 games

We should have kept Flip.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
Hmmmm....not sure but I think we got ****ed.

Weiss 2g 2 pts 15 games
Filppula 5g 6a 11pts 14 games

We should have kept Flip.

Flip is looking realgud in blue, but he's also playing with much better offensive players, more consistent linemates and a much better organized PP than Weiss. The Bolts also play a bit more North-South than the Wings, which is suited nicely to his good skating.

Weiss is stuck to the same crap Flip was last year, and like Flip last year, is arguably still getting back into game form from injuries.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
flip has been much better this year, no doubt, but i'm not that convinced it would have been the best decision to keep him, with that money and term.

1) looks to me like he needed a change of scenery.

2) he and babs didn't seem to have that good relationship.

3) flip for another 5 years... so basically the same core for 10 years? nah.

i'm happy to see him succeed. though. some things are surely missed. ability to draw penalties. zone entries. ability to skate with the puck out of trouble.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Bit premature to go with winners and losers yet.

Let's recall James Neal scored 1 goal i his first 20 games as a Penguin. In that same span, Goligoski put up 15 points for the Stars. And we know how that worked out.

Filppula is doing great, but it wasn't the wrong move looking to change the dynamic of the top 6. To be determined if Weiss was the answer, though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bit premature to go with winners and losers yet.

Let's recall James Neal scored 1 goal i his first 20 games as a Penguin. In that same span, Goligoski put up 15 points for the Stars. And we know how that worked out.

Filppula is doing great, but it wasn't the wrong move looking to change the dynamic of the top 6. To be determined if Weiss was the answer, though.

dallas would have lost the trade even if it was just niskanen for goligoski.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I wonder if Weiss just was a failure signing and is a lost cause... What can they possibly do to get him going (offensively)..He was supposed to replace Filppulas points totals plus being a more reliable center/faceoff man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->