Pre-Game Talk: The Week that was Supposed to be Worrisome [vs. MIN, postponed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Who knows how accurate Covid test are either. My GFs father had Covid test five times before it was found. He was ill for two weeks but luckily recovered.

Soo.. all this testing and all. Not sure what it helps, if tests are garbage.

Exactlyyy, I got tested as a precaution and actually ended up positive which surprised the hell out of me as I've been like 13 layer masking it up and been locked inside for 6 months straight prior (saved my parents life as I take care of my mom with lung issues). My girlfriend who got sick at the same exact time as me with the same exact symptoms tested negative twice. It's hard for me to trust these tests although I would assume they're using better tests then what she was tested with perhaps.

Also that's insane, 5 times? Really glad to hear he recovered luckily.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Our guys don’t have stationnary bikes at home?

You gotta skate to have your skating legs.

I don’t think it has much to do with physical fitness. It’s feel for the game and the repetition of skating over and over again.

As much as the condensed schedule can be difficult, I think the teams that go on these stoppages are worse off. They have to find their rhythm and legs all over again.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
You gotta skate to have your skating legs.

I don’t think it has much to do with physical fitness. It’s feel for the game and the repetition of skating over and over again.

As much as the condensed schedule can be difficult, I think the teams that go on these stoppages are worse off. They have to find their rhythm and legs all over again.
Skating does not disapear over a few days. They’ll be up to speed next practice. What could be more worrying is synch between players.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
These things have big vents around the mouth area, it would not change a thing.
They could wear this..... looks like it covers the mouth

JSP-280-EVSV-01S-A_273x0.jpg

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What is that?

They could not play if you restricted the air flow in a way that is sufficent to prevent covid. These things are mutually exclusive.
Just wear a regular helmet with a long visor or shield which covers the mouth. It will look weird but will protect

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Don't really get that move.
They've reassigned him to make room on the taxi squad. Currently they have Werner, Dries, Sherwood, MacDonald there, with Girard, Landeskog, Jost on protocol (along with Sherwood), and Johnson injured but not on IR.

This move will probably also to get Pateryn some games in the AHL to keep him in game shape instead of just eating nachos for weeks/months. The Eagles first game of the season is tomorrow.

That could also be an indication that Toews and Johnson are both expected back in the next game, as reassigning Pateryn means that the team only has 7 Dmen in the NHL. If either Toews or Johnson were still out that would leave only 6 Dmen on the NHL roster with no Dman on the taxi squad.

Toews -- Makar
Byram -- Timmins
Graves -- Johnson
(Taxi squad: MacDonald)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If the games go ahead this weekend they’re short two forwards. Dries is the only available forward on the taxi squad so I’m assuming one of Kaut/Bowers will be going from the AHL squad straight to the NHL squad unless they’re planning on playing JMAC up front or Calvert is magically better

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Exactlyyy, I got tested as a precaution and actually ended up positive which surprised the hell out of me as I've been like 13 layer masking it up and been locked inside for 6 months straight prior (saved my parents life as I take care of my mom with lung issues). My girlfriend who got sick at the same exact time as me with the same exact symptoms tested negative twice. It's hard for me to trust these tests although I would assume they're using better tests then what she was tested with perhaps.

Depends which test you get.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What do you guys think about a trade with Ottawa.

JTC and Pateryn for D Stepan? Ottawa retains enough to make the salaries match.

Avs replace JTC at 3C and get off the remaining term of his contract. This deal isn’t really about this year but the remaining term on JTCs deal and me wanting that money available for other parts of the roster. I do hope Stepan is an improvement over JTC but based on how he’s played in Ottawa, that may not come to fruition.

Ottawa gets rid of an unhappy and underperforming Stepan. Gets a depth RHD in case of injury/C19 and a cost controlled 3rd liner.

I’d be interested to see Stepan C a line with Calvert and Donny. A vets 3rd line. Call it our east/west line. Our change up. The rest of our forwards are north/south players.

It also feels like JTC is losing 3 out of every 4 faceoffs. One of which cost us a game in Anaheim.

Last edited:

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
What do you guys think about a trade with Ottawa.

JTC and Pateryn for D Stepan? Ottawa retains enough to make the salaries match.

Avs replace JTC at 3C and get off the remaining term of his contract. This deal isn’t really about this year but the remaining term on JTCs deal and me wanting that money available for other parts of the roster. I do hope Stepan is an improvement over JTC but based on how he’s played in Ottawa, that may not come to fruition.

Ottawa gets rid of an unhappy and underperforming Stepan. Gets a depth RHD in case of injury/C19 and a cost controlled 3rd liner.

I’d be interested to see Stepan C a line with Calvert and Donny. A vets 3rd line. It also feels like JTC is losing 3 out of every 4 faceoffs. One of which cost us a game in Anaheim.
Compher makes $4.5m in real salary next season which probably rules him out of any trade to Ottawa.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Compher makes $4.5m in real salary next season which probably rules him out of any trade to Ottawa.
Damn cheap owners. Oh well. I’m over JTC. He’s just never going to become the player I hoped. The ROR trade down in flames, Avs face fully ripped off in that fiasco of a deal. At least we got a contract year of Saad out if it.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

The guy who invented the PCR test and won a Nobel prize in chemistry for his work, Kary B. Mullis, said that "these PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) tests cannot detect free infectious viruses at all."

Accordingly, he also said that the test is meant only for research purposes and not for diagnosis of infectious disease. The tests are only supposed to be run for between 10 to 30 cycles, since if you run them for more cycles any test will yield a positive result. However, the CDC recommends 35+ cycles, and tests are often run for 45 cycles.

That being the case, anyone can test positive depending on how many cycles the test is run for (especially if the test is run for 35+ cycles as the CDC recommends), which might explain the variation in results you and your girlfriend experienced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad