@ STL (Sat. 1:00 MT)
@ STL (Sun. 1:00 MT)

The show is going on. Must it?

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If there is a time for the Avs to postpone some games out of abundance of caution, its now. They need to get some injured players back.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just get MacKinnon and Francouz back, they can manage the other injuries but not this two

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Well, that's not entirely true since you want them to stay healthy so they win. :sarcasm:
Like usual - you are too much to handle for me. :ha:

PoshScornfulGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Revised lines i’d try if MacKinnon is out:

Saad - Kadri - Rantanen
Landeskog - Jost - Burakovsky
Donskoi - Compher - Nichushkin
Sherwood - Bowers - LOC

I’d try to keep the Saad/Kadri chemistry together, which seems to be building. I have no idea what to do at 2C. With how bad Compher is playing, I’d probably try Jost there and hope Landeskog and Burakovsky could drive that line.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If MacKinnon is out, I surely hope we finally see Shane Bowers, who Bednar raves about every training camp. But I'm much less optimistic. My guess:

Landeskog - Compher - Rantanen
Saad - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nichushkin - Jost - Donskoi
Sherwood - O'Connor - Kaut (or) O'Connor - Dries - Sherwood

Reactions: missionAvs

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We won't be able to ice more than 18 guys (including 2 goalies) if Mackinnon is injured, unless someone gets put on LTIR.

Saad ----------- Kadri ----- Burakovsky
Donskoi --- Landeskog --- Rantanen
Nichuskin --- Compher --- Jost
O'Connor

Byram ------- Makar
Girard ------- Graves
MacDonald - Timmins

Sheltering the bottom pairing but giving MacDonald spot-shifts at LW could be an option.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
They should have put Frankie on LTIR right away, and should put PEB on it now
Doesn't a doctor have to rule them out for 24+ days for them to go on LTIR? If Francouz and Bellemare are both day-to-day/week-to-week the Avs technically can't put them on LTIR.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Doesn't a doctor have to rule them out for 24+ days for them to go on LTIR? If Francouz and Bellemare are both day-to-day/week-to-week the Avs technically can't put them on LTIR.
Every Avs injury is deemed D2D, LOL. Shit, Wilson was D2D almost all season last year, and when you find out what it was, they knew he wasn't going to play again. Could have LTIR'd him, but didn't.

Can they retroactively put guys on LTIR like they do with IR? Bednar said last night that PEB is days if not weeks away. I think him missing 3+ weeks is pretty certain. Frankie has been D2D for almost a month, and still isn't close. Calvert isn't returning anytime soon, so he should be on LTIR too.

Other teams do this all the time. I guess I don't understand why the Avs are so hesitant to say guys are legit hurt, and put them on IR/LTIR.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Every Avs injury is deemed D2D, LOL. Shit, Wilson was D2D almost all season last year, and when you find out what it was, they knew he wasn't going to play again. Could have LTIR'd him, but didn't.

Can they retroactively put guys on LTIR like they do with IR? Bednar said last night that PEB is days if not weeks away. I think him missing 3+ weeks is pretty certain. Frankie has been D2D for almost a month, and still isn't close. Calvert isn't returning anytime soon, so he should be on LTIR too.

Other teams do this all the time. I guess I don't understand why the Avs are so hesitant to say guys are legit hurt, and put them on IR/LTIR.
Putting a player on LTIR would entail not banking cap, which is clearly a big priority. Sakic wants to ensure we have enough banked to cover Makar's bonus and possibly a deadline rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad