RDS: (<-- the website) Mathieu Darche officially claim Subban should be the next Captain

PricePkPatch*

Mon Prochain Capitaine

La semaine dernière, j’ai déclaré à l’Antichambre que je verrais P.K. Subban comme le prochain capitaine des Canadiens. Je voulais prendre le temps de vous expliquer mon raisonnement.

[...]

Last week, I said in the Antichambre that I would see P.K. Subban as the Habs' next captain. I wanted to take the time to explain my reasoning...

[...]

If people seem enthusiast about this thread, I'll happily make a translation of the article. kk?

In the meanwhile: here's a synopsis:

1- Darche see Gionta back next year with the Habs, think that he's doing a good job even if he's not producing offensively
2- Think that Plek and Gorges would make good captains too, as they are of the same mold as Gionta
3- Believes Subban would be a completely different sort of Captain, with his enthusiam and skill. He's the sort of leader that would lead through example because he always give his best and always with full determination.
4- Even if he's lambasted in the Media. Even if he's benched. Even if analysts claim that Team Canada won't take him; the next time PK Subban jumps on the ice, you will always see him give his best. Subban has the strength of character to be constant despite all the distractions that would derail other players.
5- Believes naming Subban captain would responsibilize him even more regarding his on-ice behaviour. He already made so much progress since his rookie season. While Subban might have angered some of his teammate, never believe hearsays regarding him being a locker room cancer; it's ********. He was just young and filled with personality.
6- Claims that he's been a great admirer of Subban since the 1st day he's seen him play, and believe he's make a great long-term Captain.

You heard it, folks. An actual ex-teammate of Subban's opened up and said it the way it is!!!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Plekanec is my choice. Or Markov. As a transition period before putting that C on Subban's chest.

Same here, we know Subban's time will come, it's a matter of when. As for right now, let's hope he start to get some recognition by at least getting an A on his jersey soon.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He would be my choice as well. From what we see from the outside watching games, interviews and 24ch.

It would be included in my 8 years contract offer.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He should have an "A" for awhile first. When Gionta goes, he inherits the "A" from whoever gets the "C". The "C" will come in time. Unless of course we get some other captain-y type super-captain.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
With the way this management have handled Subban, I have a hard time believing they would give him the C.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't think he's ready yet but he will be and he'll be a great captain.

I think he'll be the captain after the next on is named.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
From what I've seen coming from Subban, I think he deserves to be Captain, if not today, someday (Because there are others in the team that deserves it as much/more).
He is so charismatic off ice from all the videos I've watched, and I'm sure he's also very good on ice.

I just love the way he shows his emotions in games, when he's happy, when he's angry, he lets the team know, his level of energy is so high I'm sure it could spark this team, unlike a certain Captain we have right now.

Problem I have is, sadly, his reputation which he can't seem to shake off, which I fear could affect the way media, referees, and such handle him. It's stupid really but I have a feeling that could negatively affect this, and it's unfair because he really doesn't deserve all that hate he gets.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
My favorite would be Plekanec captain, with Markov and Subban as the assistants. Gorges if a third assistant is allowed.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Hell yes Darche, my man. Start the movement. Plant that seed, and watch the magnificent tree grow. You might have been useful after all.

PricePkPatch*

Hell yes Darche, my man. Start the movement. Plant that seed, and watch the magnificent tree grow. You might have been useful after all.

How could you ever doubt Darche Superstar?!?!

I heard that P.K. did a huge speech after his penalty and "deserved" benching in the plane last time, thats character.

May I have a source? First I heard about this.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Think about the last few cup winners... their captains played INTERGRAL roles in their teams success. They were always one of, if not the best player on their respective teams.

Toews, Dustin Brown, Chara, Toews, Crosby, Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, Brind'amour

Gorges will never be the first to raise the stanley cup. Neither will markov, nor will plekanec (as amazing of a player he is). Subban is the only guy who can be compared to those listed above in terms of difference makers on the ice (Yes Brown was ELITE during that playoff run in his own right).

Subban is the only player I can see raising that cup first on this team. He should be given the captaincy as soon as next season, like darche said, it'll help him mature even more. Who cares about the added pressure... he's already got more pressure on him than fkn carey price. He not only welcomes it, but thrives on it. The more attention this guy gets, the better he is. The more important the game is, the more he steps up.

This guy is meant to lead a team through his passion for winning and his skill. Don't expect any stanley cups before he has the C. He is the only player capable of leading this team to the cup.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Think about the last few cup winners... their captains played INTERGRAL roles in their teams success. They were always one of, if not the best player on their respective teams.

Toews, Dustin Brown, Chara, Toews, Crosby, Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, Brind'amour

Gorges will never be the first to raise the stanley cup. Neither will markov, nor will plekanec (as amazing of a player he is). Subban is the only guy who can be compared to those listed above in terms of difference makers on the ice (Yes Brown was ELITE during that playoff run in his own right).

Subban is the only player I can see raising that cup first on this team. He should be given the captaincy as soon as next season, like darche said, it'll help him mature even more. Who cares about the added pressure... he's already got more pressure on him than fkn carey price. He not only welcomes it, but thrives on it. The more attention this guy gets, the better he is. The more important the game is, the more he steps up.

This guy is meant to lead a team through his passion for winning and his skill. Don't expect any stanley cups before he has the C. He is the only player capable of leading this team to the cup.

A convincing argument.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Really? Subban never struck me as a leader. I always viewed him as the type of guy that is the best but doesn't care about being the boss.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00