Blue Jays Discussion: The "We could use the Man in White after today" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Why does mlb.com have Buehrle as the projected starter on the 31st?

If Price pitches today and we don't have an off-day...Estrada Thursday, Dickey Friday, Hutch Saturday...??? Sunday? Price on three days rest for Detroit seems a bit dumb.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Smoak is in the line-up and batting 5th. Even though there is a RHP on the mound, I figured Gibby might try to ride out the hot hand in Colabello.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Why does mlb.com have Buehrle as the projected starter on the 31st?

If Price pitches today and we don't have an off-day...Estrada Thursday, Dickey Friday, Hutch Saturday...??? Sunday? Price on three days rest for Detroit seems a bit dumb.

It's likely based on how the schedule would have been if they didn't shake up the rotation last time around...

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
It's likely based on how the schedule would have been if they didn't shake up the rotation last time around...

Yeah probably, just seems weird that they have TBA on the Sat/Sun and then Buehrle on the Monday.

Jays to acquire James Shields to start Saturday you heard it here first :sarcasm:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Smoak is in the line-up and batting 5th. Even though there is a RHP on the mound, I figured Gibby might try to ride out the hot hand in Colabello.

Smoak batting .462 in 13ABs agains Lewis. Gibby usually weighs past success heavily.

That and Price is on the mound. Put your best defense out there to nail the win down. Might not need more than 5 runs.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Smoak batting .462 in 13ABs agains Lewis. Gibby usually weighs past success heavily.

That and Price is on the mound. Put your best defense out there to nail the win down. Might not need more than 5 runs.

I'd like to see Smoak get a handful of starts in a row and see what we've got. I think he's earned more at bats but never seems to get them...

mikebel111*

Sid just ripped into some fans who were trashing Tulo on his offensive struggles :handclap:

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I'm well aware of what it represents... Isn't it time to move on? And what does it have to do with baseball?

America loves to inject patriotism where it doesn't belong. Another reason why most of the world hates them.

According to Wikipedia, Yankee Stadium, Turner Field and Dodger Stadium are the only 3 MLB parks that still play GBA on a regular basis during the 7th inning. So it appears that MOST of MLB has, indeed, moved on. We should all follow their lead and keep the talk on this forum about baseball, not politics.

Let us never forget 9/11 but...
OK BLUE JAYS...LET'S...PLAY...BALL!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
According to Wikipedia, Yankee Stadium, Turner Field and Dodger Stadium are the only 3 MLB parks that still play GBA on a regular basis during the 7th inning. So it appears that MOST of MLB has, indeed, moved on. We should all follow their lead and keep the talk on this forum about baseball, not politics.

Seattle does it for Sunday games.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

Playoffs included? It seems like more then just them, but you're probably right.

I agree with you though - directly or indirectly, we were all affected by 9/11 and we should never forget. But let's keep that separate from baseball.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Sid just ripped into some fans who were trashing Tulo on his offensive struggles :handclap:

To be fair, he's been the type to trash a hitter/pitcher over a short slump. He tends to be, at least when it comes to thinking, an idiot.

His schtick is representing the loud, under informed fan who thinks they are informed.

Also, seems like a strawman ripping as I'm pretty sure even moronic fans have not criticized Tulo the way they would another hitter in a similar slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad