Blue Jays Discussion: The "We could use the Man in White after today" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheck Prayer

Jan 21, 2015
The god bless america started after 9-11 a day nobody wants to forget and a way to remember all the fallen heroes and victims. So suck it up and be respectful. And i am canadian.

If a team decided to get rid of it now it becomes story. No team wants that negative publicity

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Americans have a weird sense of patriotism that Canadians do not. I admire them for it, though it can get annoying at times.

That being said, I find Canadian sheepishness far more annoying.

Sheepish because a lot of us find the blind patriotism and over the top propaganda annoying? Americans love to say Canadians have an inferiority complex... Ever think it's just that we don't judge things based on where they come from? We don't think we're holier then thou?

Save your national pride for political rallies or international sport.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
If a team decided to get rid of it now it becomes story. No team wants that negative publicity

This is true too. If they stop now, its a slap in the face to a lot of people who would think it would be a way of moving on. Moving on is probably the thing to do, but as someone said, there is a huge sense of patriotism among americans and i think the anthem is a way for them to come together and remember the fallen and show their respect. I dont mind it at all and it does not do anything to the other team lol.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Sheepish because a lot of us find the blind patriotism and over the top propaganda annoying? Americans love to say Canadians have an inferiority complex... Ever think it's just that we don't judge things based on where they come from? We don't think we're holier then thou?

Save your national pride for political rallies or international sport.

Than.

And I'm Canadian.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Than.

And I'm Canadian.

Autocorrect... And I wasn't referring to you specifically, you're on of the posters I enjoy reading... I just meant in general. Sing take me out the the ball game, or some sort of other entertainment... What if I don't think America should be blessed? Why do I have to listen to that?

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I remember when the Jays started doing it 'out of solidarity' and Bob McCown just absolutely *****slapped Paul Godfrey over the air for it.

One of the few good Bob McCown moments.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Price vs Lewis hey...surprised to see Lewis' record being as good as it is. Should be a good matchup. Would love to see a 2 game cushion. And nice to see Tulo start hitting. Was genuinely worried. Still thinking he looks off, but as someone said, his defence and on base % make him more valuable than who he replaced so guess I can't complain too loudly. And for the record, I really like Goins and don't want to see Pennington again anytime soon.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
How about we focus on baseball and the Yankees about to fall 1.5 behind with the potential to be 2 games by the end of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad