TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
That first FTWD episode was a lot better than the 6 fillers from the main show.

Too bad they offed my favorite character!

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
So I had not watched the show for a couple years but was bored and decided to get caught up over the last few days. Why is there no guns anymore? Did I miss something? It has already been established that Eugene can make bullets and he could probably teach others to do it, so its not because they ran out of ammo. I get that it does not make sense to waste ammo on walkers but they should still be able to shoot enemy humans (even though every good guy magically turned into Legolas with a bow and that one idiot is somehow killing everything with a slingshot).

Anyway I am caught up now and wow is there some terrible episodes and some really good episodes. I had fast forward through 2 of the final 3 episodes because literally nothing happens.

MKf0qnz.jpg

That Negan episode was actually probably one of the best in the series though.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
So I had not watched the show for a couple years but was bored and decided to get caught up over the last few days. Why is there no guns anymore? Did I miss something? It has already been established that Eugene can make bullets and he could probably teach others to do it, so its not because they ran out of ammo. I get that it does not make sense to waste ammo on walkers but they should still be able to shoot enemy humans (even though every good guy magically turned into Legolas with a bow and that one idiot is somehow killing everything with a slingshot).

Anyway I am caught up now and wow is there some terrible episodes and some really good episodes. I had fast forward through 2 of the final 3 episodes because literally nothing happens.

MKf0qnz.jpg

That Negan episode was actually probably one of the best in the series though.

Your post made me curious and I went to check the IMDB ratings. Turns out Splinter and Diverged are the lowest two episodes ever (!). Here's Negan is ranked 10th overall, which is way higher than I would have thought or ranked it myself.

With The Walking Dead (2010) (Sorted by IMDb Rating Descending) - IMDb

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
What was that clusterf*** of an episode for Fear? Such contrast from last week's...

It was a typical Fear episode, with everybody running in circle around the stuff they say they'll do, and not doing anything. At least there was resolution (at last). June is laughable as lone gunslinger and I hope we won't see too much of her.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I know I'm probably only talking to myself here, but anyway... Is it just me or did it feel like there was an episode missing between these last two?? Kind of weakened my appreciation of an otherwise fine entry. Just too bad that this universe is always so repetitive.... so, another group of loonies brainwashed by a freak. How original.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Your post made me curious and I went to check the IMDB ratings. Turns out Splinter and Diverged are the lowest two episodes ever (!). Here's Negan is ranked 10th overall, which is way higher than I would have thought or ranked it myself.

With The Walking Dead (2010) (Sorted by IMDb Rating Descending) - IMDb

It was an alright episode with a couple touching scenes. It's still just filler. The ones before it were so terrible that by comparison the newest one seems wonderful.

I know I'm probably only talking to myself here, but anyway... Is it just me or did it feel like there was an episode missing between these last two?? Kind of weakened my appreciation of an otherwise fine entry. Just too bad that this universe is always so repetitive.... so, another group of loonies brainwashed by a freak. How original.

This must be a FTWD post? I haven't seen it since the first couple eps.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
This must be a FTWD post? I haven't seen it since the first couple eps.

Yeah, it was - This thread title should be changed to TWD Universe or something, really not worth it to have two threads running.

And I don't blame you, this show has been borderline terrible for most of its running time. At first I kept with it just in case there'd be a crossover, then the crossover came and it was pretty much still just as bad.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Man, these FTWD episodes are BRUTAL. I like Teddy's character but the episodes are filled with such crap.

Can't agree. Teddy's what makes the whole thing a disaster. It's bad enough to have zombie shows that don't write the living dead as a threat anymore, it's just unbearable that they constantly fill the void with boring, interchangeable villains. Teddy might just be the worst of them, his missile plan is straight out of Z Nation. And well, one single lunatic is never enough, so we are supposed to swallow every time that they'd find a large group of people even dumber to follow them (at that, the Whisperers and the Trash people from the main show were even worse than the hip grandpa's followers).

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
Can't agree. Teddy's what makes the whole thing a disaster. It's bad enough to have zombie shows that don't write the living dead as a threat anymore, it's just unbearable that they constantly fill the void with boring, interchangeable villains. Teddy might just be the worst of them, his missile plan is straight out of Z Nation. And well, one single lunatic is never enough, so we are supposed to swallow every time that they'd find a large group of people even dumber to follow them (at that, the Whisperers and the Trash people from the main show were even worse than the hip grandpa's followers).
I meant it more like I like the actor. The storyline is pure garbage lol

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Missiles were launched. I guess we're now in full Z-Nation territory (one thing for sure, nobody cares about plausibility anymore). Just one episode left in this yet another very tiring run. Season 7 is confirmed and should see another crossover with the main show (or a final merging?). This show managed to kill every interesting character it had, maybe except Alicia, who they locked up somewhere - it was never good, but now it's really just a burden.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Thought I’d bump this. This season has been quite a bit better than the last couple. Hope it keeps up.

Haven't seen this week's episode, but I thought the first half of season 9 was quite good (ended up pretty dumb with the hilarious snow episode), and season 10's first half had its moments. As of now, it's been pretty good, but I still can't stand Maggie.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Thought I’d bump this. This season has been quite a bit better than the last couple. Hope it keeps up.

There's finally a sense of dread on the show again, but I think that's mostly because we know the show is ending. It's better than the last few seasons, but the bar is pretty low now.

It feels like the reverse of the final Game of Thrones season. With GOT they had SO MUCH material to cover in the last season in a short time, and they added so much filler that the big moments were hurried along. With TWD they have 2 dozen episodes and not really all that much material to get to, so it's just filler filler filler until the end.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
So that was actually a scary f'n episode! I actually cannot remember the last time Walking Dead had me spooked.

I agree, fantastic episode.

I absolutely hate Darryl's role in that episode though. He's essentially a complete p***y - saved himself, and let the other guy die instead. He should have risked his life to save him, I thought that was super lame how it turned out.

The whole half with Connie and Virgil was fantastic though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad