TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
So...stop watching? No one is forcing you to.

I am still holding onto hope that the show will turn itself around and I thought this was a place to talk about the show? Is no negativity allowed here? Rick going after Negan alone is just stupid, Just because Carl is dead does not mean that there is not a 100 other people counting in him to pull them through this, his character would not have made that decision in the seasons past this show got as big as it is by having these great characters, when you start having them just do random things for the sake of excitement then people stop watching, which is what is happening. So I am still hoping for a turn around and that is why I still watch, because I used to like all these characters that are not acting like themselves.

Reactions: Flukeshot

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I am still holding onto hope that the show will turn itself around and I thought this was a place to talk about the show? Is no negativity allowed here? Rick going after Negan alone is just stupid, Just because Carl is dead does not mean that there is not a 100 other people counting in him to pull them through this, his character would not have made that decision in the seasons past this show got as big as it is by having these great characters, when you start having them just do random things for the sake of excitement then people stop watching, which is what is happening. So I am still hoping for a turn around and that is why I still watch, because I used to like all these characters that are not acting like themselves.
As much as I would normally agree with you, the guy just lost his son (the last member of his *real* family). If there's a time for anyone to be irrational/wreckless, I'd say it was now for him

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
As much as I would normally agree with you, the guy just lost his son (the last member of his *real* family). If there's a time for anyone to be irrational/wreckless, I'd say it was now for him

Yeah Judith is not his of course but all of his friends and such, I get it, hes going through some stuff and would understand it Negan or one of Negan's guys killed Carl, but it was just a random walker. Rick's hatred for Negan is his own.

One thing that has bothered me for a while is, what the Fsdf happened to Heath?

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Yeah Judith is not his of course but all of his friends and such, I get it, hes going through some stuff and would understand it Negan or one of Negan's guys killed Carl, but it was just a random walker. Rick's hatred for Negan is his own.

One thing that has bothered me for a while is, what the Fsdf happened to Heath?
You're right. With 24 - Legacy over I was expecting him to "walk out of the swamp" (so to speak) à la Dwight in the previous week's episode...

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I thought it was nice of Maggie to warn the people about the saviors (about to attack them and they might get mistaken for being from the hilltop). They give you all that info and food and you can't even warn them?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just watched the episode, thought it was good.

Right now Jadis is intriguing. The Simon/Negan stuff is intriguing. Dwight being in the middle is intriguing. Rick completely ignoring Carl's whole message is interesting.

The main thing is if these damn writers can take these currently intriguing storylines and successfully tie them together of the next couple of episodes into the finale.

Probably not though

Feb 24, 2017
This gigantic, rambling, barely coherent wall of text actually makes good points.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I thought it was nice of Maggie to warn the people about the saviors (about to attack them and they might get mistaken for being from the hilltop). They give you all that info and food and you can't even warn them?
Maggie has turned into a terrible character. Actually, I don't even know if it's the character or just Lauren Cohen being a shitty actor

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
This gigantic, rambling, barely coherent wall of text actually makes good points.

Yeah, this is what happens when I write anything fast. I always had to have someone reread all my papers in college. I do know what I am trying to say but sometimes my hands do not type it out correctly :cry:

R4wpJ_s-200x150.gif

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I actually quite like the past few episodes and I like what they're doing with Negan.

Like it or not, Negan's system has actually been working, and dare I say may be the best way to actually rule in a post apocalyptic world. It probably has saved far more people than its killed.

Tribute systems enforced by fear are as old as civilization itself. And Negan's been delicately toeing the line between intimidation and trust for the past few seasons. He's a borderline monster if you betray him, but a man of his word if a deal is made... even though it's usually a very one sided deal.

Simon slaughtering the garbage people taints that perception. Now the other groups won't see peace as an option, or even surrender as an option. Because losing now means being entirely slaughtered. They'll fight to the death now, because they have literally everything to lose.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Actually, Rick's hold purpose at the start of the apocalypse was to find his wife and son. He did that, and his purpose was to keep them safe. When he lost Lori, he became reckless and dashed into a corner of the prison that was filled with hundreds of walkers and took them all out. He started seeing Lori, and hearing voices. What brought him back was that he still had Carl to protect. Now, Carl dies. His entire self-reasoning to live is gone. Now he went rogue, looking to do the one thing remaining that would give him satisfaction. Killing Negan. He saw the opportunity to do that, and took it.

Eventually, he will realize that he still has Michonne, and Judith to live for, and to try and protect.

This IS the Rick we should be seeing right now.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought we never knew for sure who’s baby Judith was?

I mean, there’s no DNA tests in the apocalypse.

But Rick told... I believe it was Daryl (or maybe Glenn) that he knows it’s not his but Shane’s daughter

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
I actually quite like the past few episodes and I like what they're doing with Negan.

Like it or not, Negan's system has actually been working, and dare I say may be the best way to actually rule in a post apocalyptic world. It probably has saved far more people than its killed.

Tribute systems enforced by fear are as old as civilization itself. And Negan's been delicately toeing the line between intimidation and trust for the past few seasons. He's a borderline monster if you betray him, but a man of his word if a deal is made... even though it's usually a very one sided deal.

Simon slaughtering the garbage people taints that perception. Now the other groups won't see peace as an option, or even surrender as an option. Because losing now means being entirely slaughtered. They'll fight to the death now, because they have literally everything to lose.

the saviors definitely did not safe people, on screen nobody outside of negans group was happy with the deal, people were miserably and fought back/died in the process = killed more than safed. u can put it all on rick but my guess is that the fight/war they having right now is happening regardless... oppressed people will fight back. actually ur line about saving more than killing makes no sense at all. since every threat on the outside is still there after u made the "deal" with negan, except he kills randomly people off when he introduces himself or u misbehave, also he takes ur guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad