TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I like how they introduce a new character just so they could kill him and I can only guess think we will feel bad for him?

It's obvious where this and the other walking dead are going. Slowly the male leaders are dying/diminishing. Rising up instead are all women leaders. Got to get with the times after all.
giphy.gif

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The Walking Dead primered in 2010. How much do you believe "the times" have changed since then with regards to women leaders?

You actually give these writers credit for being current or even smart? It takes these people a while.

Falling are Negan, Rick, Darryl, the King, etc. Rick is taking a back seat and Darryl seems lost. Negan is going to get tortured by ...

Rising up are Maggie, the travelling circus, the garbage woman, the new helicopter group will be led by a woman. It is what it is.

Take FTWD. It is is going to be one angry skinny white woman kicking some ass. They even started modelling her after the black widow. The last episode it looked like she was going to sleep with him, the next moment she kills him.

Things are going to get interesting.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
However it irks me that they're going to do the "Oh no Tara is going to die, oh wait Dwight didn't put his arrows in the guts" thing, and not one of the main cast will die due to Negan's plan.
It seemed pretty obvious that Dwight preemptively shot Tara with a clean arrow before Simon could (potentially) go for a kill shot. All this to completely cement Dwight as one of the good guys and have Tara forgive him for killing her girlfriend

And what's with this bloodlust for the main cast? Carl died not too long ago. Don't get me wrong, Tara is by far the most irritating character (not doing it on purpose like Gregory) but if she should die, we deserve for it to be in a more epic fashion

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
- 50 people don’t hear a 200 lb zombie roll down 40 steps. Makes perfect sense.
This is the one that really got to me. I mean, ever since the zombie apocalypse started, "light sleeper" should be at the top of the essential survival skills. To the point that by week 2, all of the deep sleepers on the planet more than likely became part of the zombie population

Truly pissed me off

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
This is the one that really got to me. I mean, ever since the zombie apocalypse started, "light sleeper" should be at the top of the essential survival skills. To the point that by week 2, all of the deep sleepers on the planet more than likely became part of the zombie population

Truly pissed me off

the last episode was maybe the most disappointing after the cliffhanger bs. the episode before that was actually intense and when negan got captured it looked like they go in a right direction again... but right on time, crap where nothing happens follows. imagine nobody turned in the house or they just intercept the walker... morgan goes insane... see u in the next episode lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You actually give these writers credit for being current or even smart? It takes these people a while.

Falling are Negan, Rick, Darryl, the King, etc. Rick is taking a back seat and Darryl seems lost. Negan is going to get tortured by ...

Rising up are Maggie, the travelling circus, the garbage woman, the new helicopter group will be led by a woman. It is what it is.

Take FTWD. It is is going to be one angry skinny white woman kicking some ass. They even started modelling her after the black widow. The last episode it looked like she was going to sleep with him, the next moment she kills him.

Things are going to get interesting.

All these Women are leaders in the actual comics the show is based off of [With the exception of Jadis, that entire group is just in the TV show IIRC]. It has nothing to do with feminism or "the times"

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
All these Women are leaders in the actual comics the show is based off of [With the exception of Jadis, that entire group is just in the TV show IIRC]. It has nothing to do with feminism or "the times"

They follow what ever direction they decide to take. They pick and choose from the comics.

Ok....

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I have yet to see a woman physically overpower a much larger man for leadership on the show. That's pretty much the only instance where I would draw the line

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Wait, why can’t women be strong leaders again?

Does it make some insecure men feel badly or something of that nature?

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Wait, why can’t women be strong leaders again?

Does it make some insecure men feel badly or something of that nature?
I think they're referring to physical hand-to-hand confrontations, not that women can't be strong willed and inspire confidence and devotion. This show doesn't really get into the first part so I'm not sure what the issue is overall.

Reactions: Paul Dipietro

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Who said women couldn't be strong leaders?

Why are you making it an issue who the leaders are then?

If women can be strong leaders, then it shouldn’t matter what their sex is.

The show isn’t “getting with the times” because women have shown for centuries they can be strong leaders, especially in times of crisis.

I think they're referring to physical hand-to-hand confrontations, not that women can't be strong willed and inspire confidence and devotion. This show doesn't really get into the first part so I'm not sure what the issue is overall.

Not really buying that TBTH.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Why are you making it an issue who the leaders are then?

If women can be strong leaders, then it shouldn’t matter what their sex is.

The show isn’t “getting with the times” because women have shown for centuries they can be strong leaders, especially in times of crisis.

So we are expected to keep our mouths shut and not comment on where the show is headed because women something something. Ok...

Again, I ask, who said women can't be great leaders?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So we are expected to keep our mouths shut and not comment on where the show is headed because women something something. Ok...

Again, I ask, who said women can't be great leaders?

Again, I ask, why does it matter if they are women if you admit women can be great leaders? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You obviously have some kind of insecurities with women in power if you feel this need to “speak out” about an issue that really isn’t an issue.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Again, I ask, why does it matter if they are women if you admit women can be great leaders? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You obviously have some kind of insecurities with women in power if you feel this need to “speak out” about an issue that really isn’t an issue.

The TWD world is rather barbaric. Seems like a good leader would need physical strength as well as smarts to keep their group alive.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Still haven't answered my question. You entered in to the conversation stating how posters were saying how women couldn't be strong leaders and that's only because of some insecurity babble. That wasn't true. Now you are saying that if they dare observe something they are somehow filled with insecurities? That is some radical PC police right there.

I'm confident that what I said was true. You don't seem to disagree, you just think I should shut up and not say anything. Who has the problem again?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The TWD world is rather barbaric. Seems like a good leader would need physical strength as well as smarts to keep their group alive.

Rick is like 5’10 and 180 lbs... he got his ass kicked by some alcoholic woman beater. Physical strength also isn’t doing much good agt bullets and other weapons.

I doubt Carol could bench 300lbs, but I’d follow her before most other characters on the show.

People in that world will follow someone who has smarts, can demonstrate the ability to keep their people safe, and has at least some semblance of a plan.

Physical strength is mainly needed to ward off walkers, and Maggie, Carol, Tara and the other surviving women seem to do that just fine.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Still haven't answered my question. You entered in to the conversation stating how posters were saying how women couldn't be strong leaders and that's only because of some insecurity babble. That wasn't true. Now you are saying that if they dare observe something they are somehow filled with insecurities? That is some radical PC police right there.

I'm confident that what I said was true. You don't seem to disagree, you just think I should shut up and not say anything. Who has the problem again?

So you are going to keep dancing around the obvious huh?

If you think women can be strong leaders, there is zero reasons for it to be an issue.

Let’s pretend your “get with the times” comment wasn’t asinine right?

Because women throughout history just started becoming leaders in the last few years in your little world huh?

Ok then.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So you are going to keep dancing around the obvious huh?

If you think women can be strong leaders, there is zero reasons for it to be an issue.

Let’s pretend your “get with the times” comment wasn’t asinine right?

Because women throughout history just started becoming leaders in the last few years in your little world huh?

Ok then.

I guess you have no intent on answering my question and only insist on telling me how you know better on how I really feel and think.

According to you truth= bad and shouldn't be spoken if it offends you.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->