TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Yeah, they are trying to steal Morgan to save FEAR but now they are going to have to ping pong his character between the shows to carry both LOL,

P.S. I love when the zoom in on a random person early in an episode for no reason, we then know that person is going to die/turn. Like they have to hold our hands to point out that there are other people in the Hilltop to care about..... We do not feel better or worse for a character that has had 10 seconds on total screen time.

The big guy crying at the end of the episode that he can't finish himself is Ralph. Poor, big fat Ralph. I'll miss him like no other. Biggest death since Seth in the half season ender, who was killed in the truck Maggie was in.

PS actually I don't know if the characters name is Ralph but somebody critiquing the episode called him that.

PS 2 - how did Glen not get infected when he fell in the well with that fat walker on the farm in season 2. Not way he didn't injest some of that goo. Plus he had to have at least a cut or scrape.

PS 3 - when you establish rules in sci-fi, you have to consistently follow said rules. So I'm fine with zombies existing and gasoline not going bad, but ya can't change the rules of that particular universe.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I can’t stop laughing how stupid they think we all are... even my wife is starting to complain about the writing and she usually doesn’t make comments like that about any shows we watch together.

- They were just attacked by the saviors, but no guards are anywhere to be found. Makes perfect sense.

- They just happen to leave the door to the mansion open. Makes perfect sense.

- 50 people don’t hear a 200 lb zombie roll down 40 steps. Makes perfect sense.

- No guards for the prisoners. Makes perfect sense.

- Its a f***ing chicken wire fence, surely can’t shoot an automatic weapon through that kind of fortress. Makes perfect sense.

The writers must believe the zombies have a bigger IQ than their audience, but maybe they are right because I keep watching. Of course I now watch to make jokes about it, sort of like when I watch any Death Wish movie, the benchmark for serious hilarity.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To be fair, in the south, I'd probably keep the door open with 50 people sleeping in a room as well that shit would get hot. And yes, opening the gate is stupid, that's the point. Also, there was a guard, he turned as well. It's the one Maggie shot on the lookout.

I couldn't stop shaking my head when Rick and co were shocked it isn't the bite that turns you. RICK KNEW THAT. CAROL, MAGGIE, DARYL WOULD ALL KNOW TOO! That was literally the big reveal at the end of season 2 before going into the prison.

I thought the past 3 episodes were really good, but then they pull that shit.

It pisses even me off.

Unless I'm missing something, which I doubt, but perhaps I'm stupid.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I don't know if anyone else posted this, but Maria Bello has signed on to TWD to play a character that is still TBA. I wonder who she will play?...:nod:

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I can’t stop laughing how stupid they think we all are... even my wife is starting to complain about the writing and she usually doesn’t make comments like that about any shows we watch together.

- They were just attacked by the saviors, but no guards are anywhere to be found. Makes perfect sense.

- They just happen to leave the door to the mansion open. Makes perfect sense.

- 50 people don’t hear a 200 lb zombie roll down 40 steps. Makes perfect sense.

- No guards for the prisoners. Makes perfect sense.

- Its a ****ing chicken wire fence, surely can’t shoot an automatic weapon through that kind of fortress. Makes perfect sense.

The writers must believe the zombies have a bigger IQ than their audience, but maybe they are right because I keep watching. Of course I now watch to make jokes about it, sort of like when I watch any Death Wish movie, the benchmark for serious hilarity.

You also forgot the scene when Tara was lamenting to Daryl about her siding with The Governor and his brother, Merle. I'm pretty sure that Merle was killed and zombified long before she even met The Governor. Continuity errors know no bounds on this show. :laugh:

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Ha. I actually had to google to find out who she was. I would assume she is probably part of the new group that were in the van.

She was pretty popular in the late 90's to the mid 00's. I don't think an actress with her past work would sign up simply for a minor role. She's obviously going to play a major character.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
She was pretty popular in the late 90's to the mid 00's. I don't think an actress with her past work would sign up simply for a minor role. She's obviously going to play a major character.

got ya.

She could be the leader of the new group as they are the only real unknown at the moment. I don't think the lady from the group that came to make the trade in the previously would be the leader of said group as it would put them at considerable risk.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You also forgot the scene when Tara was lamenting to Daryl about her siding with The Governor and his brother, Merle. I'm pretty sure that Merle was killed and zombified long before she even met The Governor. Continuity errors know no bounds on this show. :laugh:

Tara’s been with the group for a while now. I’m sure it came up

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I’m pretty sure she found that out through the grapevine. Really don’t have an issue with that.

Actually surprised they even made her address that when many people were actually thinking that.. too logical and all you know?

To be fair, in the south, I'd probably keep the door open with 50 people sleeping in a room as well that **** would get hot. And yes, opening the gate is stupid, that's the point. Also, there was a guard, he turned as well. It's the one Maggie shot on the lookout.

You have a bunch of wounded people. Wounded people can die and turn. You were just attacked by another group.

One wounded guard is all you have to... watch the perimeter, watch over the wounded in the infirmary, and watch over the prisoners?

Again you were just attacked, that door should be barricaded or at least locked so a Savior couldn’t sneak in and kill everyone, let alone a ninja zombie. The heat is a lame excuse for long time survivors of an apocalypse to do something that foolish.

Most of these people are wearing pants and long sleeve shirts, so apparently the heat isn’t too bad there.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I’m pretty sure she found that out through the grapevine. Really don’t have an issue with that.

Actually surprised they even made her address that when many people were actually thinking that.. too logical and all you know?

You have a bunch of wounded people. Wounded people can die and turn. You were just attacked by another group.

One wounded guard is all you have to... watch the perimeter, watch over the wounded in the infirmary, and watch over the prisoners?

Again you were just attacked, that door should be barricaded or at least locked so a Savior couldn’t sneak in and kill everyone, let alone a ninja zombie. The heat is a lame excuse for long time survivors of an apocalypse to do something that foolish.

Most of these people are wearing pants and long sleeve shirts, so apparently the heat isn’t too bad there.

Tara’s been with the group for a while now. I’m sure it came up

But I'm not talking about Tara hearing about it through the grapevine, I would understand that. I'm talking about her quote to Daryl, which was..."But I was with them...your brother too". Maybe I'm taking her words too literally here, but it seemed like the writers forgot that Tara associated herself with the Governor long after Merle's death and the collapse of Woodbury. Am I wrong for thinking this was an continuity error?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think she’s just saying she was with them, and Merle was too. Which is true.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I like how they introduce a new character just so they could kill him and I can only guess think we will feel bad for him?

It's obvious where this and the other walking dead are going. Slowly the male leaders are dying/diminishing. Rising up instead are all women leaders. Got to get with the times after all.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
But I'm not talking about Tara hearing about it through the grapevine, I would understand that. I'm talking about her quote to Daryl, which was..."But I was with them...your brother too". Maybe I'm taking her words too literally here, but it seemed like the writers forgot that Tara associated herself with the Governor long after Merle's death and the collapse of Woodbury. Am I wrong for thinking this was an continuity error?

Ya I can see what you mean, but I think the line was just worded poorly... ie she meant both herself and Merle were caught up with a bad hombre like the Gov, not that they were ever together.

Good memory though, because I forgot Tara didn’t show up until after Woodbury fell.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
also i find it funny how they portray maggy as a new better leader than the old gregory... everything feels forced, every decision she made turns into a straight a+ outcome. correct me if i am wrong here but she had the option with the van crew to either take their stuff or agree to their terms and give them food for wisdom exchange... when she accepted to donate food to them... she recived a book about farming in addition crates of food as a gift for being trustworthy ?! sry but thats some walt disney bs flick. or in the hilltop fight... she yelled "NOW".. then u see a few people ducking out of cover and firing the guns... well that settles it, maggy is a true leader.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I think Lauren Cohen is a bad actress and/or Maggie is just a boring character

I think she was fine as an actress in previous seasons but the writing of her character is one of the worst. Maybe Glen was so likable that it hid some stuff too. Could be a complex character, new leader of a group of people she doesnt even know all that well, wants revenge for her husband, needs to protect everyone, needs to protect her baby..... but lets just let her walk around and have the camera zoom into her stern face a couple times.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So I looked on a different Walking Dead forum.

Apparently Rick, Daryl, Carol and Maggie would indeed know that you don't need to be bit to turn. However they wouldn't have known that zombie guts/blood entering your blood stream would still cause the fever and death, even if you successfully treat/stitch the wound itself.

So I guess I was missing something.

However it irks me that they're going to do the "Oh no Tara is going to die, oh wait Dwight didn't put his arrows in the guts" thing, and not one of the main cast will die due to Negan's plan.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So I looked on a different Walking Dead forum.

Apparently Rick, Daryl, Carol and Maggie would indeed know that you don't need to be bit to turn. However they wouldn't have known that zombie guts/blood entering your blood stream would still cause the fever and death, even if you successfully treat/stitch the wound itself.

So I guess I was missing something.

However it irks me that they're going to do the "Oh no Tara is going to die, oh wait Dwight didn't put his arrows in the guts" thing, and not one of the main cast will die due to Negan's plan.

The rules don’t make any sense to me. They just kind of make them up as they go along. We have seen countless people smear themselves with zombie blood and guts as camouflage for yrs... suddenly father Gabe was the first one to get sick all this time later and now everyone else is dying from it.

These people are struggling to survive and will have all kinds of cuts and such on their bodies, but it’s never been an issue to smear themselves in zombie blood until now?

Reactions: tacogeoff

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I think she was fine as an actress in previous seasons but the writing of her character is one of the worst. Maybe Glen was so likable that it hid some stuff too. Could be a complex character, new leader of a group of people she doesnt even know all that well, wants revenge for her husband, needs to protect everyone, needs to protect her baby..... but lets just let her walk around and have the camera zoom into her stern face a couple times.

Speak for yourself.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I like how they introduce a new character just so they could kill him and I can only guess think we will feel bad for him?

It's obvious where this and the other walking dead are going. Slowly the male leaders are dying/diminishing. Rising up instead are all women leaders. Got to get with the times after all.

The Walking Dead primered in 2010. How much do you believe "the times" have changed since then with regards to women leaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad